It's Them

A Promise Is a Promise

Mina's Perpective

10 P.M

I have been practicing for eight hours straight.

Coach: Again, perfect the triple axle and you'll score the points for technique.

'I have to win, I want to win.'

Coach: Ok, let's take a break.

I collapse to the floor, breathing so hardly that any more air and it would feel like my lungs exploded.

Coach: Get some rest and be ready for morning practice.

"Okay."

Coach: Oh and Mina. Don't be late this time.

I nodded to her as she left the rink. 

The manager came with water.

Manager: The rink will close in a few minutes. We should go, I'll drop you off at the house.

I got up and went out of the rink to pack my bag.

Taking off my skates and putting on my shoes.

My manager and I left the ice rink and went towards the van. 

The ride had been silent but he spoke up.

Manager: Sorry, I didn't mention there would be guys on the show.

"Yeah, I knew there was something strange about the show, considering the original cast wasn't there."

Manager: The production crew told me that the original crew were tired of filming that show for a while. They asked us to go on with some others and hopefully raise the ratings.

I sighed.

"Well, the ones I have met so far are pretty nice."

Manager: That's good.

Shortly after the conversation, we arrived back to the house.

I left the van and walked towards the house.

The manager said something to me before I went in.

Manager: I'll come pick you up at 4. Don't be late this time. 

I felt a bit discouraged.

'Do you not trust me because of one incident. Ok, I overslept. Sorry for being human.'

"Okay."

The camera was in tact at the gate so I tried to look less exhausted, but I was too tired to not look tired.

Was that the right term to use???

I sighed as I walked through the door.

The door beeped as I entered to see a bunch of shoes in the doorway.

Past the hallway, I see the dim lights were on.

I walked past the doorway, still holding on to my skates.

Then, someone turned the lights on and filmed me. 

???: Hello, and whose this?

I smiled as I introduced myself.

"HI, I'm Park Mina, the figure skater. Please support and cheer me on at the Olympics."

After giving a small fighting, the guy removed his camera from his face and it was a young, kind of good-looking guy.

He smiled as he turned the camera to both of us and he introduced himself.

Gongchan: Let's fly! Hi, I'm Gongchan from B1A4! Oh, we saw your letter. It was nice that you left that. Nice to meet you.

I swiftly took the camera away from Gongchan and despite the exhausted me, I suddenly felt recharged. 

"Do an aegyo Gongchan-oppa."

It was like my heart skipped a beat.

Then, Gongchan walked over and told me to do the same as he took the camera back and filmed me. 

'I've never done agyeo before, but what's the harm on trying?'

I smiled and did a V sign.

tumblr_m2hp9f4jjB1qlqt6qo1_500.png
Gongchan smiled kind of bubbly-like and filmed us again.
"Ah, don't judge it was my first time doing agyeo."
He pat my head and said: Aegyo together.
Then we both posed on camera and laughed a bit too.
He, then, switched the camera off and bowed to me.
Gongchan: It's nice to meet you, Mina-ssi, but I gotta run. This camera is my hyung's and I have to return it before he comes out of the bathroom.
I waved as he ran off.
'That was... strange?'
Words wouldn't describe how I felt about that moment.
I went upstairs and knocked on Han Byul's door and there was no answer.
I knocked again and called his name.
"Han Byul, are you there?"
There was no answer, so I decided to walk away.
I was about to walk away when the door had opened but instead of seeing Han Byul, I saw a sweaty Gongchan.
"You must be Hanbyul's roommate."
Gongchan looked to me, confused. 
Gongchan: Who?
"Did you look at the box on your bed?"
Gongchan scratched his head and laughed.
Gongchan: It looked fancy so I decided to not open it and have it on my wall, in shining glory.
I gave him a questioning look, then, I urged him to open it.
Gongchan happily obliged.
There was an apple in one card and the 'Simply K-pop' logo on the other.
Gongchan: I have no idea who this is.
I gave him a small flick on the forehead.
"Pabo, it's Han Byul from LED Apple."
He formed a small O in his mouth.
Then, two guys ran up hear almost shouting.
Both guys: GONGCHAN!!
It's them, the two I saw the other day in my math class.
The both saw me and once again said something in unison.
Both guys: You?
"We can talk later, I'll see you tomorrow Gongchan. Pretty tired from practice and I have to get up early tomorrow."
Gongchan: Ok, see you later.
His voice was hesitant as I could see the anger from the two, on my way out I caught eye contact with one of them.
tumblr_m4sgrlI6li1rr6nh5o1_1280.jpg
The one with the glasses, not the other guy.
As I headed out, I hear the semi-screams of the two.
'What did people call them again? Baro and CNU? I'll confirm tomorrow.' 
Baro: I can't believe you used the last of my slides to take selcas with the roommates.
CNU: You think that's bad, he used the rest of my memory to film his scare/meeting with Mina. 
I sighed at their somewhat immaturity.
'They're celebrities, just by more film and move the camera memory to a laptop for free memory space in the camera.'
I headed in my room to see Doori combing her hair. 
"Hi, you must be Doori, nice to meet you. Big fan, I'm Park Mina, your roommate."
Doori looked excited as she sprang up and shook my free hand.
Doori: Nice to meet you too. I wasn't sure if it was you. I took a guess and then you showed up.
We bonded pretty easily.
I didn't know Doori was also in college but we didn't go to the same college.
Doori went to Inha University and majored in Computer Science.
Doori also told me about the other roommates. 
There was me, Han Byul (I told her about him), Doori, Dasom, Gongchan, Jin Young, Baro, CNU, and Sandeul.
Doori was a little happier when she named Sandeul.
Sounds like she has a crush on him.
"What about the last guest?"
Doori: She hasn't shown up yet. I kind of don't want her to show up.
Doori sighed and hugged her pillow.
"What's wrong?"
Doori: I arrived when you and Hanbyul were out. Then, a few hours later B1A4 showed up, and I prepared a party for us all. I saw your letter and was hoping you came back when everyone showed up, but you and Hanbyul weren't back yet. Also, when I was talking with everyone from B1A4, Dasom showed up and everyone went to her and greet/flirted with her. Even Sandeul went to talk with her.
She pouted as she explained.
"Aww, it's okay. He probably just wanted to introduce himself. By the way, where is Dasom?"
I looked outside the room and walked towards the other room with Doori. 
Dasom's luggage was here, but the room was empty.
Doori: She went to film her 'Shake It' comeback. Their MV got 10 million views so they are making the dance practice. I think she left at 9:30. 
"Ah, I see."
We headed back into the room as I put my skates away and put my bag in a corner near the dresser. 
"I'm going to shower. Do you need the restroom?"
Doori: No, but thanks for asking.
As I was in the shower, I was in deep thought.
'What if I don't win?'
I don't know what might happen if I didn't win.
Would my coach quit? Maybe my manger. Both? 
I curled up under the water as it splashed my hair and went down my face.
'What if my scholarship goes away? I barely managed to keep it when I got second place against Eun Sook.'
Then, I heard a knock.
Doori: Mina?
I got up quickly.
"Yeah? What is it?"
Doori: Your phone rang a little while ago and the ID just says Chingu.
"Okay, help me text her and tell her I'll call her back when I'm done."
Doori: Okay.
I sighed and curled up again.
Doori: Your 'Chingu' says it's important. Like a matter of life and death.
"Ok, I'll come out right now."
I looked at my hands.
'Great, I look like a raisin. How long was I even in here?'
I closed the water and walked out of the shower tub.
It has only been 15 minutes.
I got into my pajamas and since it is like 6 degrees Celsius, I wore fuzzier ones.
I came out of the bathroom to see CNU, Baro,another guy and Gongchan.
Two stared for a while until Baro finally spoke up.
Baro: Umm, the two buttons are undone on your pajamas.
I looked and quickly buttoned it up.
'Damn cleavage'
I glared at the other two.
"I'm glad at least there was one man with the decency to not be a ert."
I went over to the dresser and saw that a camera was there too.
tumblr_mwm4cqsR7P1s3frmfo1_500.jpg
"Hello, as you can see, even figure skaters need to use beauty products. Not only for the skin, but the ice dires your skin faster in the climate and if you fall, the moisture will help you slide instead of falling and bruising yourself or breaking the ice."
I finished and walked back to the three.
"So what brings you here?"
Gongchan: They wanted to properly introduce themselves since you weren't at the welcoming party.
"Doori was the only one there and Dasom, right?"
CNU: Yeah, Sandeul is still flirting a bit with Doori in the living room place.
???: I'm Jinyoung, by the way.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Park Mina."
CNU: Ah, Doori gave us your phone and to tell you the 'Chingu' is really really serious about the matter.
"Oh, I still have no idea what it's about but can you hand me the phone?"
CNU gives me the phone and I start texting my friend.
Hey, what happened?
Chingu: Do you want to have Marshmallow?
"Yes!"
I said out loud instead of typing.
All four looked at me in shock.
"Wait!"
After I caught up with the conversation.
'Was she joking? Why would she give me Marshmallow?'
I went back to the phone and texted her.
What do you mean?
Chingu: Keep her.
Oh, like watch her for a bit. Why though? Did she get in trouble again?
Chingu: For life. She keeps getting Pumpkin mad and everyone in the family kind of really hates her. 
I don't know. I'm not sure if I can. It's the Olympics and I have school with random classes. 
Chingu: Please, my mom thinks your the perfect owner for Marshmallow and Pumpkin is too attached to us to go. Plus, I don't trust Carmen. My mom will give you the cage and a months worth of food to start.
I'm on a variety show right now. If it's okay with your mom and you, she'll be on the show. I don't trust my manager to watch her anymore.
Chingu: That will be perfect, then we can watch her and make sure you don't mess up. My mom loves that idea. I think this is the first time she has apprived of you on television.
Okay, when are you guys shipping her here.
Chingu: She'll be there in about two days. I'm taking her to you.
Cool, see you then.
I finished the chat and smiled at the thought of Marshmallow.
Inspite of my happiness, I rushed out of the room leaving the four bewildered as they come after me.
I went to the living room and looked for Doori.
Doori had been sitting next to Sandeul and talking about dancing.
I felt bad interupting but-
"Doori, are you allergic to dogs?"
Doori: No, why?
"My Chingu is sending one of her dogs to me to keep and I accepted the offer."
Doori: Cool, yeah, it's fine.
"Alright, I'm going to bed. Good night you love birds."
They smiled to each other as I walked off.
The other four were still looking at me.
"Sleep, I have to wake up early and my coach hates attitude."
I looked to them and Gongchan still intrigues me.
There is something about him.
I can't tell if it's good or bad.
I walked off to my room and closed the door.
Can't wait to see Marshmallow tomorrow.
Well, after having that last thought, I went to sleep.
I had an odd dream though, it felt pretty vivid but I cant seem to what the dream was.
TO BE CONTINUED