Ourselves

Daffodil(s)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The land of Roseus, was all the beauty that it had been known for, with lavish flowers of all kinds adorning nearly every sight that they could behold. The roses, the most well known flowers of Roseus, were clearly the most treasured though, as the lush blossoms bloomed the fullest with the brightest petals one has ever laid eyes upon.

"Roseus is quite the sight," Seolhyunari mumured quietly in awe of everything around her as she made her way carefully through the royal gardens. Her curious nature could not be restrained as she stopped to reach forward and gently touch one of the smooth petals, admiring the rose's breathtaking beauty until she felt arms twine around her waist and a chin resting upon her shoulder. She was startled at first by the unexpected gesture but the all too recognizable voice that spoke up had Seolhyunari relaxing immediately.

"It is, but it surely holds nothing in comparison to the sight that I behold right now." Hyejeong's teasing whisper tickled Seolhyunari's ear.

An unavoidable smile made its way to Seolhyunari's lips as she leaned back into Hyejeong's tight hold of her. It was warm, comforting, and unlike no other.

"Such smooth words, I would have swooned if not for your arms holding on to me to keep me grounded." Seolhyunari teased back lightly as Hyejeong pressed a sweet kiss to the latter's cheek.

"Then I am more than glad to have been here for you Princess." Hyejeong's bright smile didn't go amiss by the princess as her lover continued to speak. "Tell me though, why are you out here on your own? I would have accompanied you if you had asked for me."

Seolhyunari reached down to entangle her fingers with Hyejeong's, who seemed to have no intention of letting her go any time soon, and she really wouldn't have had it any other way. "I saw the royal gardens constantly from the windows of the castle during our stay here and I wanted to take a short walk for a bit of fresh air before it became busy again."

Hyejeong hummed in understanding before murmuring, "Our wedding is only in a few hours, how do you feel? Are you prepared?" It was not that Hyejeong had any doubts in the love that Seolhyunari held for her but she wanted to have a verbal confirmation that the princess wished for this as much as she did -  because that was what relationships were about, mutual agreement and making the necessary sacrifices for the one you care most about.

Seolhyunari caught the inquiry but didn't reply at first as she released her hold on Hyejeong's fingers and turned around to face the other. Hyejeong readjusted her grasp on Seolhyunari but she made sure to not release the brunette. Seolhyunari looked into Hyejeong's eyes as if she was searching for something, and Hyejeong only stood there and gazed back with equal curiosity. Suddenly Seolhyunari broke into the most beautiful smile Hyejeong had yet to see, and the redhead was stunned by the sight for a moment before Seolhyunari spoke up and she snapped out of her momentary daze.

"I have been ready not since you plucked my flower, not since we agreed to elope, not even since we left Angelus and came to Dies and Roseus but since the moment when my eyes first met yours on that day we first met; the moment you took my heart and gave me yours in return. Nothing will stop me from marrying you Hyejeong, I am ready to spend my entire life and even the afterlife, if fate allows me, with you." Seolhyunari's voice was filled with nothing less than the truth and unconditional love as her eyes never left her lover's. She wanted Hyejeong to know that no matter what, this was the one and only path she would walk down with the redhead right beside her.

Hyejeong found her heart thumping against her chest at Seolhyunari's confession as she pulled the brunette closer to her, wrapping Seolhyunari easily into her embrace and burying her face into the side of the brunette's hair. Nothing but warmth radiated from Seolhyunari and Hyejeong enjoyed every bit that she could as she felt Seolhyunari returning the embrace just as tightly.

"What in the world did I do to deserve someone as precious as you?" Hyejeong leaned down and captured Seolhyunari's lips in a tender kiss, showing her beloved how much the younger meant to her before the princess was allowed the chance to respond.

"I should be the one to ask you that," breathed out Seolhyunari as she pulled Hyejeong down until their lips met in another kiss.

Hyejeong smiled into the kiss as she felt Seolhyunari do the same. They reveled in each other's hold as reality slipped a little farther from them even if it was just for a few more moments they wanted to enjoy this feeling together privately before they shared it with the guests they had invited to their grand wedding.

"Hyejeong?"

The redhead tilted her head to get a better view of the brunette standing in front of her, wrapped snugly in her embrace. After they had spent some time in Roseus, Hyejeong had noticed the healthier glow of the princess' features, as well as the latter's overall brighter demeanor. It was a change that the newly entitled 'Captain of the Roseus Cavalry' personally favored, and the princess didn't seem to mind it too much either.

"Yes, love?"

"Are..." There was a tentative pause. The wind audibly and palpably rushed past the women's ears, brushing against their skin with its cool touches. Seolhyunari shivered ever so slightly but Hyejeong pulled her closer anyway. "...there daffodils here - in Roseus?"

"Of course. I have seen them myself during a stroll in the royal gardens. I believe the palace gardener tends to them rather carefully."

"...was it a large bloom? Were there many?"

"Yes, quite plentiful. Why do you ask?"

Seolhyunari turned around to face Hyejeong, smiling gently at her lover. "There is no reason in particular."

"Don't think that I don't know you better than that dear love, what do you wish to do with daffodils?" Hyejeong questioned as she tried to guess what Seolhyunari would want with the flowers.

Seolhyunari felt her cheeks warm and redden as she was easily caught by Hyejeong's observant nature, "I wish to add one more detail to our wedding this evening, would you kindly allow me this request?"

"Whatever you shall wish for I will do everything in my power to grant for you so this wedding will be perfect for the both of us."

Seolhyunari grabbed Hyejeong's hand in delight once she heard the redhead's response. "Please show me where you saw the large bloom of daffodils?"

Hyejeong nodded and easily laced her fingers with Seolhyunari's as she led the way to where she had seen the daffodils in bloom. It was only a few twists and turns from where they were before but it was only seconds before they stood before the numerous pure white daffodils blooming beautifully. Seolhyunari suddenly released Hyejeong's hand and crouched down beside the flowerbed, a radiant smile lighting up the princess' face.

"Shall we weave flower crowns?"

Hyejeong blinked

Please log in to read the full chapter