fading

Fading Away

“Bye, I’ll see you later,” Sungyeol said as he pulled on his shoes. His mother waved back with a tired smile on his face as he shut the door. He strolled down the road for a little bit before waving down a taxi. He was quiet the entire ride there, the package resting on his lap gently.

 

The sound of paper flapping as he handed the money to the driver before he stood at the front of the building. XX Seoul Hospital. Opening the door, he stepped in quietly. The receptionist didn’t notice him.

 

“Excuse me,” Sungyeol said. She didn’t look up.

 

“Excuse me,” he said a little bit louder. She finally looked up with a fake smile plastered on her face.

 

“Yes? What would you like me to do for you today?” she said overly cheerfully.

 

Sungyeol fidgeted nervously. “I’m visiting for Lee Sungjong? I’m his brother.”

 

“Yes, of course!” she typed something in on her computer. Sungyeol saw through her glamour. He was a Truth Seer. A rare type of person in this world who can see through most magic glamours. Sungyeol could tell that she had a weak glamour on right now and she was definitely not as pretty as her glamour.

 

She smiled again. Standing up and pointing in a general direction, she smiled that oh so fake smile that everyone seemed to have plastered on their face these days.

 

“Go down that hallway and turn left. It will be the first door to your right,” without even looking to see if Sungyeol headed in the right direction, she sat back down.

 

Following her directions, Sungyeol arrived in front of room 106. He knocked on the door before entering.

 

The thin yet beautiful boy sitting on the hospital bed looked up. His pale face brightened up.

 

“Sungyeol-hyung! Did umma tell you to bring anything?” he said happily.

 

Sungyeol smiled sadly. No one seemed to be truly happy because it was him there. It was always an indirect interaction with everyone. But he had to be happy, for his brother’s sake.

 

“Of course! She made me bring kimchi jjigae. She also told me to tell you to eat more and to ask if you wanted more,” Sungyeol said brightly.

 

Sungjong smiled.

 

“Thank you so much hyung! Tell umma I said hi!” Sungjong said.

 

“Of course I will.”

 

“Bye hyung!”

 

Sungyeol stood up, leaving the package next to his brother’s bed before exiting. He still had about an hour before he was supposed to be back. He had wanted to stay and talk with his brother more but it seemed like Sungjong had waned to end the conversation much quicker than he thought.

 

He wandered around for awhile before he realised he ended up in front of room 107. Sungyeol peered in the small window on the door. There was a boy sitting on the bed. At first glance, the boy looked beautiful, like a sculpture even. But upon closer inspection, Sungyeol realized that he had a glamour.

 

He lost interest quickly.

 

The sliding doors opened as he left into the cold evening air.




 

A/N: the next part of this is going to be super long so it may take until the end of the week to post it. soooo…. what do you guys think so far?

 

any analyses of Sungyeol’s character?