Where I Truly Belong

[One-Shot] Where You Belong

 

“Oh hey Minzy! Wassup?” CL yelled when she saw me walking down the hallway “Oh hi CL! Good morning girls!” I replied and gave a high-five to her and my other friends Dara and Bom.

 

They were my only friends in school. Dara and Bom are one of the most popular girls in school because they were pretty as models. They were like living dolls. They are just pure perfection if you would ask me, beautiful inside and out.

 

On the other hand, CL is one of the toughest girls in school. She’s also very popular not only in our school, but also around the whole neighborhood. You don’t wanna mess with a girl like her, even guys were afraid of her. But just like any other girls, she has a soft side in her. She is actually really nice. She looks after me like an older sister would do.

 

Then there’s me, the smarty pants in our group. A lot of students are actually asking why I am friends with these awesome girls, I am neither pretty nor popular, I always hear these things behind my back. When Dara and Bom hear this, they would simply pat me in my shoulder and say “Don’t mind them, they’re just jealous” but when CL hears this, it would be so scary I wouldn’t even want to describe the outcome.

 

It actually all started when I went to a play ground near my house, where I usually hangout, because I was so stressed in studying my lessons. I was just listening to some random song and moving my body to the beat then I saw CL looking at me weirdly. Since then, she always looks for me and bugs me with questions I don’t even know how to answer like “How do you do that?” I was like “Do what?”

 

After a few days of meeting CL in the playground and listening to songs together, she brought Dara and Bom along with her and introduced them to me. I was actually awkward meeting them. These three are all really famous in our school. Everyone looked up to them and seeing them in their simplest was so heart-warming I couldn’t even describe how I really felt that moment.

 

They were really nice people. We would share stories about one another, they would ask me about my opinion on random body movements, what they call dance steps or writing phrases like poetry which they refer to as lyrics, we would bring food to share with others and sometimes, I would help Bom with her studies while CL and Dara would laugh at her silliness.

 

I am so fortunate to have them. My mom was also very happy when I introduced my friends to her “Omo! You haven’t introduced any friends before Minji! Hello girls! I’m her mother, I am so glad to meet you all. Feel at home, I will make you some food”

 

Before I started hanging out with these girls, other students would always mess around me and my stuff. They will snatch my glasses away, they would mess my hair, pull my neck tie and push me around. But ever since CL, Dara, and Bom became my friends, no one ever tried bothering me again. I guess that’s the perks of having such cool friends.

 

I thought everything was perfect in my life until the day had come and I met a certain guy that turns my smooth life into a roller coaster ride. He made me experience tons of new feelings that I haven't encountered before.

 

That day I heard a lot of girls whispering as I was walking down the corridor “Have you seen the new guy?” “Omo! He’s so cute!” “Have you heard the good news? A handsome guy has transferred in our school!” “Wonder what class he belongs to…”

 

Endless gossips about some new guy were buzzing around the whole campus. As I entered my classroom, I saw CL and Dara already seated in their usual seats. When Dara saw me, she waved and smiled brightly at me. After settling down in my table, I greeted them and asked “Where is Bom?” “Do you even have to ask that?” CL said while Dara just laughed at her reply. Of course Bom was always late for class, what’s new?

 

Dara then asked me “Hey have you heard about the latest rumor in school? They say there’s a really cute guy who’s transferring here” CL raised her eyebrow saying “So what”

 

“Hello!!!!!!!!!” Bom exclaimed as she entered the room. She always has a lot of energy. I just waved at her and watch her take her seat next to me. 

 

“haaaa I thought I’m gonna be late again! Thank goodness the teacher is not here!” she said while munching at her corn. “Hey you’re eating again!” Dara said while getting her corn “What? It’s my breakfast! Ai!!!!! Don’t touch it!” she said while slapping Dara’s hands. These girls are really dorky.

 

The day went by as usual and it is time to go home. Since we have exams the week after, the girls decided to study on their homes and asked me if I can teach them lessons which they cannot understand. Of course I agreed to them.

 

Since I finished studying early and I was so bored at home. I removed my glasses and grabbed my iPod. I went to our usual hang out place, the playground.

 

Because it already became a habit to me even when I am with my friends, I moved my body with the beat of the song that I was listening to. It felt good doing it, it’s like my stress reliever.

 

Afterwards, I removed my headset and sat in one of the swings then I heard someone clapping. “Who’s there?” I asked anxiously. “CL? Dara? Bom? Is that you girls?” Who can it be? Because I was really scared, I walked home fast, almost running and after a few minutes, I finally reached home. Ah thank goodness I’m alive. Am I hallucinating? But I did hear someone clap, who can it be?

 

A new day! I walked inside our school, the buzz about the new boy is still there “Have you seen him?” “He’s so handsome!” “I heard he dances really well!” “What class is he in?” “His hair is so nice!!!” “He has a bouncy hair!” “He looks like a girl! He’s prettier than Minzy! Hahaha!”*sigh* I am getting annoyed at them now. Just ignore them. Ignore them. Walk away.  

 

When I saw my friends in our everyday spot, they all looked at me like they’ve been to hell and back to life “Its so early and you all look so exhausted already” “Its because I studied all night long Minzy! And please teach me more. I don’t understand Science at all!” Dara told me then I looked at CL “Same here. Math please.” then Bom added “teach me everything!” Awww they all look so cute! I think I’m the only person who sees this side of them. I’m just so lucky to have them. I just smiled and nodded at them.

 

I let them rest for a moment while I started doing some study notes for them. Good thing we didn’t have our first two periods today

*Swoosh*

Huh?! What’s that? Why do I feel like I’m being watched? I looked around to see no one. Aigoo… what’s happening to me? Is someone haunting me? A ghost? Wah! I can’t tell the girls about this? They all looked so worn out today. No Minzy! Face this alone. I walked around and scanned the area once again, then a hand suddenly covered my mouth and dragged me inside an empty classroom.

 

“Shhhhhhh” I heard him say. At that time, I heard tons of girls shouting outside the classroom “Where is he?” “I just saw him a while ago?” “How could you loose him?” “Hey! Lower your voices! CL is just in the area nearby… we don’t want to mess with her!” I smirked hearing one of the girls say this. They were really scared of my cute friend. Haha!

 

“Finally” the guy said.  Omo! I almost forgot that someone dragged me here. Was he hiding from those girls? I turned and looked at his unfamiliar face “Who are you?”

He grinned saying “I’m Taemin! The transferee student” ah he’s smile is so bright!

“Oh” was all that I can reply. I sat down on the floor not knowing to do. Everything just happened so fast. Why did this new guy bring me here? I felt him sitting beside me. He was just looking at me. My heart started beating faster. Why is my heart beating faster? *thud thud*

 

“Minzy” he knows my name! “How did you-” “Do you know that you’re the only girl that paid no attention to me in this school?” Then CL came into my mind. I was about to say her name when “Even your friends already introduced themselves to me” “Really? I didn’t know that” “Yesterday, I bumped into them after school” “Oh” Where was I that time?

 

“You know what I really liked it when you’re not wearing your glasses” I looked at him with shocked expression. When did he see me not wearing my glasses? As if reading my thoughts he said “I saw you last night in the playground near my house. You are actually my neighbor Minzy ^v^” again with his smile! Ahhh! I’m getting crazy. Wait his my neighbor? (O_O) “I really admire your dancing” why is his smile so dazzling? *thud thud* Dancing? When did he see me dance? 

 

I was giving him a stunned expression when I heard him chuckle. How can a guy be this cute? “Can we be friends Minzy?” I just stared at him for a while and nodded. I mean what can possibly go wrong, its just friends, right?

 

“I-I b-better go now, I’ll see you around” why do I have to stutter at this time? Why do I feel nervous? Ahhh! “I’ll definitely see you around” he said then winked at me. I left the classroom running towards our usual spot. I saw CL looking for me already. “Where have you been?” “Oh I just talked to someone”

 

Then I saw Taemin walking towards our table. “Hi girls” “Oh it’s the new kid” CL said while turning her back to Taemin. Bom and Dara exchanged glances and smiled “So have you met Minzy already?” Taemin nodded and grinned shyly at my friends. Was I missing something?

 

“He’s there!” I heard a girl shout. But when CL glared at them, they all left quickly. Taemin giggled over this saying “wow! I’ve been trying to get them to stop following me all day and you just looked at them and they were all gone” he explained it like he was really amazed with CL. *thud thud* Why do I feel like this again? He looks at CL like he really likes her. That’s right! He likes CL. *thud thud* oh my, why am I envious of this? “ah-ah-I think I have to go to the library first, I’ll see you girls later” I walked fast away from my friends. I didn’t want to answer any of their questions now. What’s happening to me? Why am I feeling like this?

 

Once I was finished doing the study notes, I handed it out to my friends. I told them that I didn’t feel good and I want to go home so they sent me home. “Rest well Minzy!” “We’ll see you tomorrow” How could I possibly be jealous over CL? She’s my friend, she’s perfect. I can’t compare to her. I waved at them and closed the door behind me. *sigh* I walked up the stairs and entered my room.

 

I turned around and looked at myself in the mirror. Seriously, you are no match to CL. She wears highly fashionable clothes while you wear a pair of jeans and sneakers. All the people in our town look up to her. She is such an amazing person. But why do I feel like he don’t belong to her. *sigh*

 

I took off my glasses and I wore my jogging pants and an over-sized shirt. I looked at the mirror once again *sigh* How can you even think of that Minzy? I walked around my room to calm myself up. I opened my window and looked outside… “wahh the stars are really beautiful tonight” “And so are you Minzy” huh? Who said that?

 

Then I saw Taemin in the other house, he was looking outside his window which was directly opposite to mine. “Taemin?” I whispered. “Hi Minzy! You looked surprised seeing me here” “Because I am” then I remembered him saying that we were neighbors “I have seen you several times already from here” “Huh?”

 

I never thought someone was looking at me from there, maybe because I was used to ignoring that window ever since I was a kid! “Since when?” I asked him “For about 6 months now” “That long already? But I thought you just moved in here?” “I just moved in your school this week, but my family transferred here 6 months ago” Why didn’t I know that? Maybe I was too preoccupied with my studies back then that I didn’t even bother.

 

He asked me if we can go walk around the neighborhood after a long awkward silence. I checked my clocked and saw that it was still early so I decided to go with him. We were walking in silence for a good several minutes, with no specific destination in our minds, we just walked and walked until he started talking…

 

“You know what, I’ve been watching you ever since the day that I started living in that house” I heard him chuckle a bit and continued “I’ve seen you studying so hard at night until you fall asleep in you book” he paused and looked up in my window

 

“I saw you dancing around your room when your bored or tired of studying, you are really good!” giving me a thumbs up. He suddenly  got serious and now he was staring straight into my eyes saying “I even follow you around when you go outside the house late at night, I’ll hear you rant about the people who are always messing around with you and how you just wanted to live a simple life, I tried approaching you several times already but why do you keep on ignoring me?” he pouted after saying that. Awww he is so cute.

 

When did he approach me? He stopped and pondered for a while “So I searched for CL and her friends, I asked for their help so that you can be happy in school” he was now smiling genuinely. So he was the one responsible for these girls showing up in my life. But then a thought hit me and I interrupted his happy thoughts asking “When did you approach me?” I really don’t know.

 

His smile immediately turned into a frown “you really don’t remember don’t you?” I looked at him with a confused look “Well remember the time when you went to the playgroud-” “I always go there” “Will you let me finish” “Oh right sorry hehe” “It was just a week when I moved into this town and I always see you through this window and you never fail to amaze me. You can be so cute, y, fierce, nerdy and all that” He was looking at me and I can see his eyes sparkling. Wow, he sees me like that? Me? Gong Minji? Really?

 

Then I realized "So you were the one who I heard clapping at me one time!" I exclaimed "Yes that's me. But you ran really fast after hearing me" "Well you didn't show yourself" "I was about to, but you suddenly dashed off" "Ohhhh...."

 

We then reached a familiar place, my usual hangout area, the playground. I sat in one of the swings and he started pushing me slightly. “I was so sad when I knew that you weren’t in the school I was attending. I searched for you all day in that school and the girls were really annoying.”

 

I smiled at that thought and said “I can imagine that part” He sighed heavily on that thought then continued “I finally had the opportunity to transfer in your school after months Minzy. I’ve been waiting for this moment for so long now.” *thud thud* He then stopped pushing me and walked towards me.

 

He kneeled in front of me saying “I know all your worries, your problems, I’m just always here for you. You just have to look at me. You just have to see me. Can’t you see that I’m the one who truly understands you?” I threw my hands around his shoulder and hugged him tightly. I whispered in his ears “So you’re the one responsible for making my life so wonderful, thank you for that. Did you know that my life wouldn't be perfect without you?” He kissed me softly in my lips and said “I know...that's because I knew from the very beginning that you only belong to me.” 

 

      


credits to the owner and creator of the pictures!

THE END!!!

 

How was it? 

Did you like it?

I hope I didn't bore you guys ^v^

 

TAEMINZY 

keep on believing!



 

VOTE FOR 2NE1 IN MTV IGGY

VOTE FOR BIGBANG IN MTV EMA