CEO vs CEO

EXO group couple scenarios

Baekyeol Drabble 1

 

Plot: Chanyeol is a CEO who has an interest in the boy who works opposite of his company building.

 

Things have never been the same since he first looked out of the glass panes of his new office. Park Chanyeol, age 22, was the CEO of the famed EXO Co-operations.

 

“Chanyeol, SHINee Ltd is requesting a collaboration in one of our technical projects,” Minseok slid a file across to the mahogany table, the side of the file hitting Chanyeol’s fingers moving rapidly across the keyboard. Chanyeol grunts once in acknowledgment, quickly typing up the last sentence before turning to the file.

 

“… Who’s handling this project?” Chanyeol leafs through the proposal quickly.

 

“ Kris is,”

 

“Get him to call them up and arrange for a meeting. A collaboration might be just what we need for that last extra boost in this project,” Chanyeol snaps the file shut and hands it over to Minseok’s outstretched hand.

 

“Also, get Sehun to bring me a coffee. Americano-“

 

“-No sugar. Got it,” Minseok grins and leaves the office.

 

Chanyeol turns back to his work. Two paragraphs, a scratch on the cheek and a scrunched up face later, a knock on the door sounded and a multi-coloured shock of hair peeked through the crack.

 

“Chanyeol? I got your coffee,” Sehun lifts up a white paper cup, wisps of steam curling above the small opening. Chanyeol mumbles his thanks, as Sehun nudged the door open further.

 

“You also haven’t left the office since you came in this morning, so Minseok hyung sent me to buy you a sandwich as well.” He sets the plastic container of bread and the cup of coffee down a careful distance away from some important looking documents, and grins at his thankful boss. Suddenly, something catches the intern’s eye and he stares past his boss out of the giant glass panes behind the desk.

 

“Luhan hyung? Huh, I guess they finally moved into the empty office,” he mumbles to himself. Distracted, Chanyeol pauses amidst his typing and gives a look to his youngest intern. “Sehun, thanks for the coffee and the sandwich. I think Minseok hyung has more work for you though,” Sehun, startled out of his thoughts, quickly nods and excuses himself out of his office, a frown on his face.

 

Three hours later, it's 8pm and most of his co-workers have gone home. Chanyeol scrunches up his face as he reviews the endless reports on the sales for that month, and in between that, answering his emails. A click of the mouse sends the last email out, and Chanyeol leans back against his black swivel chair tiredly. He groans as he rolls his aching shoulder, sore from the lack of movement the entire day. Faintly, he heard the muted chattering of Sehun and Jongin, arguing whether cardboard boxes could break a man’s fall.

 

“I don’t think so, I mean cardboard boxes when set up and empty, all it has is air in it so I highly doubt it’s enough to keep a man alive-“

 

“-But I watched a documentary! This man jump off a helicopter and this huge mile of empty cardboard boxes were set up for him and CRASH he just landed in them and survived!-“

 

“-Still maybe it was dramatized; it could probably soften the impact but not soft enough that they wouldn’t sustain injuries…”

 

“-But Jongin-“

 

Chanyeol huffed a sigh and turn around in his swivel chair, facing the darkening sky. It has been ages since he last seen the sky. Beginning Park Chanyeol has his perks of money, power and genius, but he does not have time. Any projects that finished early was checked and double-checked, before a new one turned up. That was how Chanyeol kept his success. That was how he managed to rake in millions with just a small group of employees.

 

He stared out of the glass at the glittering sky. Suddenly, a movement at the corner of his eye caught his attention. Opposite of Chanyeol’s building was a slightly smaller building that had just been redeveloped. It had been vacant for months when Chanyeol first bought the building beside it, and it was an ugly little thing. However for the past few months construction had been taking place to revamp the building, irking Chanyeol mostly with the noise pollution. It was thankfully completed a month before his major proposal was due, and it was a success.

 

Now Chanyeol eyed the lit up office that had caught his eye. From his spot near the top of the building and the almost pitch black darkness his office was in save his table lamp, he could safely watch whoever was in the other office without being caught.

 

He saw the back of a dark haired boy with a slender frame, adjusting and unpacking items of sorts onto his desk. His desk was placed similarly to Chanyeol’s, back facing the wide glass panes that lined the office walls. Moments later a pink-haired boy entered with a box in his muscular arms. Placing the box on the table, the pink-haired boy spoke a few words before grinning and giving the dark head a thump on the back and leaving.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes wandered idly on the dark-haired boy’s body. Dressed in a white dressed shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his arms and black slacks, he could see faintly the slenderness of the boy’s frame, almost to the point of being feminine. His shock of dark hair was pushed up messily, and his skin pale in the warm orange light that bathed his office. As Chanyeol mused to himself, the boy suddenly turned around and his eyes moved around before settling on Chanyeol’s own ones.

 

And Chanyeol swears his heart stopped when he saw the boy’s beautiful face staring back at him.

 

***

 

Baekhyun hummed to himself as he lifted photo frames and cute pencil holders out of the cardboard box he packed them into. He carefully set down the little trinkets that co-workers had gifted him with over the two years he worked here, knowing how their whimsical boss loved adorable items. He hesitated over one empty photo frame that he had bought on a whim. It was a pretty porcelain blue, decorated with little wooden hearts and stars. It was pretty, but he had no photo to put it to good use. Sighing, he gingerly placed it back into the box before resuming his humming and sorting out of items.

 

“Baekie, here’s the box of files you almost left behind,” his childhood friend and co-worker, Luhan sang as he came in.

 

 

“Thanks,” Baekhyun grinned, and looked pointedly at the man’s cotton candy hair. “I don’t understand why you needed to look like you fell into the snack cart in a amusement park though, is this a trend nowadays?” he mused.

 

Luhan sniffed, “It’s called fashion, my ignorant friend. You should know,” Dumping the box on Baekhyun’s table, his eyes moved to look past Baekhyun slightly before he says,

 

“Looks like someone has an admirer hmm?”

 

Baekhyun stared at his friend and snorts, “What.”

 

Luhan snickers and his head towards the window, before bring a hand down hard on Baekhyun’s back. “It’s time to go get laid, bruh.” Saluting Baekhyun with two fingers, he walked backwards and out of the door.

 

Baekhyun scoffs, and resumes packing, using a hand to push up his gelled fringe, which kept falling into his eyes. After a few moments though, he felt an uncomfortable gaze upon his back, to which he turns around sharply and gazes at the bigger building that was right beside his. His eyes moved upwards, attracted to the small flicker of orange that was in the second highest floor, and there he stared at a pair of mysterious eyes. His heart thumped unevenly, and his eyes widened.

 

“What the ?”

 

***

 

All Chanyeol knew by the next morning was that the company opposite of his was called WAO, and that it was one of leading companies in fashion production. The last CEO had just stepped down, and all the company webpage was displaying was the particulars of the new CEO, Byun Baekhyun. There was no photo available yet.

 

Chanyeol grumbled to himself as he looped an electric blue tie around the collar of his crisp blue dress shirt. His mind had been on the beautiful pale face that had consequently inched away from the window after mouthing something the tall man couldn’t hear. Glancing at the time, Chanyeol finishes the last of his coffee, being careful not to spill any on himself, and tosses the cup in the sink. Sliding on his sharp black suit, he fiddles with the cufflinks before grabbing his suitcase and heading out of his lonely apartment.

 

The traffic is pretty bad today, Chanyeol thinks as he squints at his rear-view mirror. It was seven in the morning but the roads were already packed with cars heading towards town. In about twenty minutes the roads cleared up and Chanyeol was on his way again. His car pulled up by a small coffee shop, where he decided that he would need a cup of the hot liquid later. He purchased an Americano – with no sugar – and stepped out of the café, when a body bumped into his and he almost toppled his cup over the petite body.

 

“, I-“

 

“I’m so sorry-“

 

Both stopped short.

 

All Chanyeol noticed was the boy’s pale face and the shock of dark hair.

 

All Baekhyun noticed was that there was some coffee spilt on the boy’s blue dress shirt.

 

***

 

“Oh crap, your shirt! I’m so sorry,“ Baekhyun mumbled as he rummaged through his bag for a napkin. The boy – well, man – was staring at him with an intense look, a look that felt familiarly uncomfortable.

 

“I-I’ll replace your shirt if I have to-“

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“… What,” Baekhyun blinked, frozen in the process of offering the napkin.

 

“Your name,” The man reached out for the napkin, and dusted the stain on his shirt with it.

 

“I don’t think that’s nec-“

 

“Yes it is. Because you owe me a shirt,” The man’s lips tug up into a small smirk. Baekhyun inwardly groaned, but felt enough guilt to be compelled to tell his name to the handsome stranger in front of him.

 

“Baekhyun,”

 

“Baekhyun,” the man repeated, eying the Baekhyun up and down. Baekhyun shudders.

 

“Yes Bae-“

 

“Byun Baekhyun, the new CEO of We Are One, aged 22 and planning to launch three clothing lines by the end of this year,” Baekhyun’s jaw dropped.

 

“H-how the ,” Then he remembered Luhan vaguely reminding him that he had to pick a picture for Tao, the IT tech to upload onto the company’s updated webpage. Remember to pick one out, Luhan called across the room when Baekhyun was struggling to lift up a heavy box of books. Or we will have to use the nasty one where your hair was all , Luhan snickered before leaving the office.

 

“Oh, you read the webpage,” Baekhyun mumbled.

 

There was an awkward silence.

 

“So, would you like a lift?”

 

***

 

“Uhm, thanks?” Baekhyun managed to say as he awkwardly climbed out of Chanyeol’s car.

 

“No problem. Just one more thing,” Chanyeol pats his pockets and pulls out his phone. “Your number please,”

 

At this point, Baekhyun felt that he should just go with the flow and typed in his number before handing the phone back to Chanyeol. “I guess I’ll uhm, see you around then, Park Chanyeol,” Baekhyun awkwardly waves, and shoots into his office building.

 

Chuckling, Chanyeol puts his car in reverse and drives next door to his building.

 

“Good morning Chanyeo- whoa someone looks happy today,” Minseok smiles as Chanyeol enters the office with a jingle of keys. Chanyeol snorts and waves Minseok away before putting away his briefcase neatly. Seated at his desk, he couldn’t help but turn away from the pile of paperwork on his table to look past the glass panes of his office, peering at the slender dark-haired man walking around his office in the next building, a phone pressed between his ear and shoulder with a file in both hands.

 

***

 

To visualise;

Baek is wearing this and doesn't he look gorgeous? Like seriously, Jesus Christ he's hot

 

not edited, nor was it thought through.

Originally posted on my other account on AFF, @shadowheartteen