Chapter 8

Seven Become One

“If you had stuck around six years ago you would know this is completely different.” Snapped Hyunki standing up.

“Really?” scoffed Hyunseung, “I don’t think so. You’re just trying to get out of practice.”

“No I’m not,” growled Hyunki jabbing his finger at Hyunseung. And then stormed out of the room

“Yeah, go ahead and run away, that’s all you know how to do!” called Hyunseung

“Hyunseungie, stop it, you’re not helping anything.” Said Junhyung

Kikwang had ran out of the room after Hyunki,  It took him a few moments to find Hyunki. When he did Hyunki was walking down the back alley away from the company.

“Hey,” said Kikwang touch his shoulder, “come back, Hyunseung didn’t mean it.”

“He meant it,” said Hyunki without turning around, “he always means it.”

Hyunki walked away, Kikwang was about to go after him again but stopped. It might be best for Hyunki to just get some air. A lot had been going on during the last week and the day after tomorrow was their showcase. He didn’t know for how long or how far he walked but Hyunki eventually found himself along the Hun River. After looking for a secluded private spot he sat down and just stared at the landscape. Hyunki knew the moment he joined BEAST that there was going to be residence and some difficulty. But he had underestimated how much Hyunseung didn’t like him.  He wanted to talk to someone about what was going on but he couldn’t. His sister was fast asleep  at this time of night, his brother was probably busy and tell him to it up. Jongkook was probably in practice himself and Hyunki didn’t want to bother him.  Of course he knew that Kikwang, or anyone else in BEAST for that matter, would listen to him but he didn’t want to bring this up with them. It would be best if Hyunseung told them.

It had been several hours and Hyunki still hadn’t turned up. The members were getting a little worried. Doojoon had even tried calling him but he’d turned his phone off. Something he had never done before. Jiyoung and Joonkun both said that if Hyunki didn’t turn up in another hour they would go looking for him. Unlike the rest of the members Hyunseung was completely relaxed and didn’t seemed worry about Hyunki. Doojoon decided that what had happened tonight was the last straw, he was changing things up.

“Yoseob, I want you to switch rooms with Hyunki, Kikwang could you help by movie Hyunki’s things into Hyunseung’s room.”

“Doojoon, come on!” exclaimed Hyunseung, “this isn’t that bad, Hyunki will come back. He’s to chicken to stay away.”

“That’s not the point,” snapped Doojoon losing his temper, “you’ve been nothing but mean and cruel towards Hyunki since he joined. Perhaps sharing a room with him will force you to understand him and learn some manners.”

Hyunseung tried to protest, even asking their managers to take his side but they both agreed that Doojoon had made the right decision. So, with Kikwang’s help, Yoseob moved out of Hyunseung’s room and into Kikwang’s. Neither Yoseob nor Hyunki had a lot of stuff so it didn’t take long to switch rooms. Kikwang almost forgot about the picture frame he had seen Hyunki hide under the matters, he pulled it out and put it in a box of Hyunki’s belongings without looking at it. Being considerate of Hyunki’s privacy. He also left a note on Hyunki’s bed explaining what he’d done and that he had not looked at the picture.  Jiyong and Joonkun were just about to go look for Hyunki when he walked in the door. Jiyong just warned to keep his cell phone on next time and then both managers went to their room to catch some sleep.

“You’re sharing a room with Hyunseung now,” said Doojoon when he saw Hyunki in Kikwang’s room looking for his stuff, “hopefully that will make Hyunseung warm up to you.”

“Oh,” said Hyunki leaving Kikwang’s room, “alright.”

“Hey, Hyunki,” said Doojoon before Hyunki opened Hyunseung’s door, “you want to talk about tonight?”

“No, I’m fine really,” reassured Hyunki, “I just needed some air and time to think.”

“Okay, well we’re all here for you if you want to talk.”

“Thanks Hyung, I appreciate that.” Said Hyunki and then stepped into Hyunseung’s room

            Hyunseung’s room was just as Hyunki thought it would be. Fan’s gifts were spread out everywhere, pictures of Big Bang, Beast, Hyuna, and Hyunseung’s family scattered all over. His  desk had a laptop on it and was covered with fan letters.  The dresser had all of Hyunseung’s cosmetics on it along with his accessories box. Hyunseung had the only bunk bed in the dorm and he was on the bottom bunk reading something, not paying any attention to Hyunki. Hyunki noticed that someone, probably Hyunseung, had kicked his duffle bag and backpack into the corner.  Hyunki picked up his things and started unpacking a few things.

“You get the bottom draw and the left side of the closet,” said Hyunseung without looking up from his book, “but nothing else.”

Hyunki didn’t say anything. He didn’t unpack much either as he was sure Doojoon’s experiment wouldn’t work and he’d change rooms again soon.   A few minutes later he crawled into bed with his phone. Before turning in he texted Jimin and Jungkook, he knew they wanted to know how he was doing. He thought about it for a long time but eventually he did text his hyung too.  It took Hyunki a while but eventually he fell asleep.  He didn’t sleep long and was up again in a couple hours. Hyunki tried to go back to sleep but he couldn’t, he had to much on his mind. So he got up and went on a run, leaving a message for the rest of the members so they wouldn’t worry if they woke up and he wasn’t there.

“Hey, where’s Hyunki!” exclaimed Kikwang when he noticed Hyunki wasn’t there in the morning, “Hyunseung what did you do now?”

“Me!” exclaimed Hyunseung, “ don’t be ridiculous. Hyunki went for a run.” He tossed the note toward

“Oh,” he said after reading the note.

“Don’t jump to conclusions, Kikwangie.” Said Junhyung

“Is something the matter?” asked Hyunki coming in from his run wiping the sweet from his face.

“Alright guys, time to go.” Said Jiyong

“Give me five minutes.” Said Hyunki rushing to the bathroom.

            Hyunki took a very quick shower and changed. Then all seven of them left for the salon. Once again they had a full day. They had to record on Music Bank, there was a fan signing event and the Beetles Code to record along with a radio program before they could  go to the venue for the showcase. They had an hour long rehearsal for the showcase and then it was time to get the finishing touches on their hair and makeup while the fans and media started to crowd in.

“Nervous?” asked Yoseob plopping down next to Hyunki on the couch.

“A little.”

“Don’t be,” said Dongwoon, “you’ll do fine. Plus I’m wearing my lucky charm today.” He said showing her his lucky silver Korean magpie charm.

“Oh come on  Dongwoon,” said Kikwang, “How is that lucky seriously. You are all superstitious but you hate the number four, now that just doesn’t make sense.”

“Hey, four is an unlucky number for me. Seven is my lucky number.” He said showing his seven charm on the same necklace.

“Alright come guys time to go.” Said Doojoon.

            The members made their way backstage and took their place. They could hear the cheers of their fans as the logo went up. A moment later the curtain came down and the music for Shadow started.  They performed “Shadow” and  “Be Alright”   then they went to the solo stages. After the rap battle between Junhyung and Hyunki there was a break in the performance to interact with their fans.

“Aw are you all having fun!” said Lee Joon coming out onto the stage, there was a huge cry from the fans, “good , Hello everyone I’m MBLAQ’s Lee Joon your MC for today. Shall we bring BEAST back out?”

There was another loud cheer and BEAST came out, they all greeted Lee Joon first and then bowed to the crowd. They all gave the usually BEAST greeting and then did individual ones. Last was Hyunki.

“Hello, I’m BEAST’s new member and Maknae Hyunki, nice to meet you all.”

“Now we’ve all heard what BEAST thinks of you Hyunki but what was your first impression of the members?” asked Lee Joon

“oh….I met Junhyung Hyung and Doojoon Hyung first, both of them were very serious but gave me a warm welcome when I joined. Yoseob Hyung and Kikwang Hyung were very kind and welcoming and I could tell I’d get along with them just fine. Dongwoon Hyung…. He seemed a little odd at first.”

“Me!” exclaimed Dongwoon, “not Hyunseung Hyung?”

“Hyunseung Hyung was more intimidating and a little scary, But not so much now.” Said Hyunki smiling at Hyunsung.

“Aeee?” said Kikwang teasing her, “You sure Junhyung wasn’t scary, come on look at that smirk.”

Junhyung shot Hyunki his classic Joker smirk and everyone laughed a little.

“I know all the fans are wondering if anything interesting happened while you guys were making your music video, do you guys have any good stories?” asked Lee Joon

“Oh I’ve got one,” piped up Yoseob, “ So we have animals in our music video like a dog, spider, snake and a hawk. Well we were fooling around a little bit and Kikwang put the snake on Hyunki’s neck. He first thought it was just a scarf or something but then he touched it and he screamed so loud and like a girl we all couldn’t stop laughing.”

They members looked at Hyunki and laughed, Junhyung even poked Hyunki slightly and he jumped making the members and the fans laugh more.

“There’s another good one,” said Doojoon, “one of the staff was carrying a heavy box of stuff and accidently dropped it behind Hyunseung and I swear he jumped two feet and screamed. It was the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time.”

“Didn’t you jump too Doojoonie.” Said Dongwoon point a finger at him.

“Anyo!” denied Doojoon sheepishly.

“okay okay, sounds like you guys had a fun time filming. Now it’s time to reveal to very special surprise guests that we have.” Said Lee Joon

A moment later G-Dragaon and TOP walked onto the stage.  Everyone was happy to see them. G-Dragon greeted everyone else first before saying hi to his favorite dongsaeng.  TOP created everyone before sticking close to Hyunki. Giving him a tight hug.

“GD we all know that you and Hyunseung are very good friends what do you think of this album?”

“It’s very good. Junhyung did a good job writing and producing it. The crography is also spot on and very sharp. They did a good job.”

“TOP who are here for? Hyunseung?” asked Lee Joon

“Actually no not this time, sorry buddy,’ said TOP in his deep voice glancing at Hyunseung, “I’m actually here for Hyunki, he’s my dongsaeng.”

Hey everyone. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. What do you think happened sick years ago between Hyunseung and Hyunki? Are you happy to see GD and Hyunseung together? What do you think of TOP as Hyunki's Hyung? Please comment and subscribe. Thank you for reading it.