Final.

The Language of Dancing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday, 1:32 a.m.
S.M. Entertainment, Dance Studio.

Every Fridays and Weekends, Irene would stay up late in the studio practicing some dance moves or coming up with her own. It became a routine for her, she somehow feels incomplete without spending her whole midnight dancing her heart out. Today she was asked to come up with a choreography to be used in an upcoming  showcase they will be having. 

"I'll be taking my leave now, Let's just continue tomorrow." Hyeyung one of the choreographers helping her said, taking her bag. 

"Alright Unnie, See you tomorrow." Irene said and bowed at the elder one.

Hyeyung patted her shoulder and smiled. "Have some rest alright? See you." She said before walking out of the dance studio. 

Irene stood in front of the large mirror staring at herself. 

A Perfect Dance Choreography.
That's what she needed right now but she doesn't seem to get her toes in sync with her mind. She tried a few steps but it's still not to her liking. After a few more minutes she stopped the music from playing and dropped on the floor, letting out a deep sigh. "Why can't I concentrate on this?" She softly mumbled to herself as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Frustrated already?" A voice of a male suddenly echoed through the room.

Startled, Irene quickly stood up and turned around only to see Luhan leaning his side in the doorways while looking at her. "Omo, Sunbae. Annyeonhaseyo." She greeted and bowed in respect. 

Luhan bowed in return and smiled. 

"Amm.. How long have you been standing there?" Irene shyly asked. 

Luhan closed the door behind him and walked towards her. "Well long enough to see you dance and give up." He said.

Irene felt her cheeks burn from embarassment and quickly looked down. "A-ah really? I am sorry you have to see such lousy dance moves." she said. 

"Oh no, it was not lousy at all, though it needs some polishing but it was great. well you were great." Luhan said scratching the nape of his neck, feeling a bit awkward with what he just said. 

It was not helping her, she felt her face turn really red as she nods softly and continue looking down. "T-Thank you." She said. 

"You're welcome, Are you alright though?" Luhan worriedly asked since he noticed she wasn't looking at him. 

"Nae." She softly said. 

"I think I am bothering you... Should I leave?" Luhan asked, hoping she wouldn't ask him to leave. 

It's not that she doesn't like him or something that's why she can't look at him, it's just that it was never in Irene's nature to talk to people she's not close with, specially when they were the only ones int he room. 

"A-ani, well I... uhmm.. I am just really shy sunbaenim." She confessed.

This caused luhan to chuckle softly, he slowly walked closer to her and raised her chin up. "I know how that feels but you're a part of the family, please don't be shy around me." He said, causing her to gulp and looked away nodding.

"I'll try my best sunbae." She said.

Luhan smiled and moved an inch away from her to make her a bit comfortable. "Good, why are you here at this time by the way?" He asked. 

"Well... The Showcase." She said softly. 

"Oh the showcase you girls will be having, are you practicing your dance?" He said and asked. 

Irene nodded. "Yes, well actually more of making my own dance steps." She said. 

"Really? They asked you to choreograph your own dance?" He asked surprised.

"Yes, we are going to showcase our talents one by one, Wendy and Joy will be singing while Seulgi and I will dance." She said. 

Luhan nodded in understanding. "I see, well it's a nice opportunity to showcase your own talent." He said.

"Nae." She mumbled.

"So.. can you show sunbae some of your dance moves you've come up with?" He asked as he flashes a bright smile to her. 

Irene bit her lips as she looks at him. "Actually... I- I haven't made any yet." She softly admitted, looking down.

"Ah really? Well it was never easy though." He said. "Would you like me to help you?" He asked. 

Irene was surprised with his offer, although she would like some help she shook her head. She doesn't want to bother her sunbae who's really busy. "A-ani, it's fine I can still manage... I guess." She said mumbling the last part."And you're really busy, I don't like to bother you." She said.

"No I insist, and I am not really busy this month since we're on a short break." He said.

"But-." She looks at him hesitantly. 

"I feel like you don't like me." Luhan said pouting. He knows the real reason why she's declining, it's because she's shy and he understands it but there's something with her that makes him want to know her better and be friends with her. He's even doubting himself where he likes her or not but he thought it's too early

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter