Attempt no 2 | 心雨

Spring, Chocolate, Moon, and You

It was already past midnight when we decided to call it a day. All prepared for home and one by one went separated ways.

It was only the two of us left when he said that seems like he couldn't make it for the last train home. I drove that day so I offered him a ride, stating that I'll go his direction after all.

 

The ride was silent. It's a bit awkward, now I think of it again, but each of us was too busy dwelling with hundred of what ifs running through our mind to even bother breaking the silence.

Rain poured down half our way there and it only got harder by the time we reached his apartment. He offered to stop by for coffee while waiting for the rain to stop. I agreed though, more because I needed caffeine to keep myself awake in this hour of the day.

 

His apartment was medium-sized, with modern interior, and a bit too tidy for a man's. I waited in the living room while he tuned on the heater and later on went to the kitchen. It wasn't long until he came with one cup on each hand, smiling while extending his right hand to me.

 

We started a small talk. It was nice, I tell you, waiting for the rain with a warm coffee and a companion to share your thoughts with.

He asked me whether I already have a partner, in which I replied with a short, no. He asked why though, saying he couldn't believe that I have none.

"I just haven't found the right one, you see" (I have found you, it's just that the timing is off)

"But you have though" I continued, hinting his wife back in his hometown who's now conceiving their first child.

He just smiled at my words. The kind of smile which I couldn't explain.

 

Half hour later the rain already slowed down and I bade him goodbye as I continue driving my way home.

The rain has stopped by the time I reached home but the rain in my heart didn't seem to stop anytime soon.