end.

As the White Keys Turn Black

    Minjun was sick. This he knew. Minjun had a severe brain injury. He knew this, also. Who didn't know was Junho. And as far into this as Junho is, how was he suppost to tell him he was sick, that he only had a certain amount of time left? Minjun didn't want to know how much time he had, but with every coming day he knew. His vision obscured and soon, all colorful things had turn to infinite shades of black upon gray upon white. This injury had taken his ability to see colors. Soon, it would consume his ability to be able to wake up in the morning and enjoy the view out the window, to know what keys he was playing on his piano, his sight. Soon it would take away his ability to walk in the park and enjoy listening to all the kids playing and the dogs barking happily, his hearing. Soon, it would take his ability to breathe clearly, to touch everything he could get his hands on. Soon, he would be robbed of his ability to make his boyfriends heart flutter in happiness when he saw his smile. Soon, he would be dead.
    A favorite past time of Minjuns is to play the piano, the big one he had gotten when he and Junho moved in together. The nights when Junho was sad, he would play for him. Now, he sits alone, slowly watching as the small bright colored stickers above the keys vanished to a dull light gray. Now, he sits there alone, when Junho isn't around, to see him counting down the days until he could no longer know what key he was playing. Until he could no longer know what look Junho was giving him when he saw Minjun just sitting there, hands on the keyboard but not pressing any of them. And dispite Minjun not wanting to know how much time was left, the more the demons blocked his view, the more he knew he was ending.
    He called these black spots demons. Those black spots that came a permanent part of everything he saw, like a smudge on a camera lense. There is really no way to get that smudge off. You have to deal with it. And when Minjun learned to deal with one of the demons, another one came along. He called them demons because thats what they were. They were taking his ability of everything. He saw the demons everytime he opened his eyes. He heard them. He could hear less and less everyday. The demons clouded his hearing. He was breathing the demons. He had more of a struggle breathing everyday that went on. He became weaker. He tried not to let it show, in fear of worrying Junho.
    Minjun loved Junho, he really did. And he didn't tell him, knowing that it would break his heart. He decided not to tell him from the moment he knew he had limited time here on Earth. If Junho and he were to switch places, personally, he would have prefered to not know Junho was dying until the last minute. He would want to live in peace with Junho until the time came where he would have to say goodbye. He would not want to live with the stress of knowing that the one who kept your heart beating was dying. So Junho mustn't know. Minjun wouldn't tell him until it was too late for Junho to do anything. He did not want Junho to try and stop this. He couldn't do anything to stop the fact that he was dying. He didn't want Junho to suffer like he was. He wanted him to be happy. For now.
    When he can muster up the courage- and energy- he sits at his piano and thinks of a piece that brings tears to his eyes. Why does he torture himself in such a way? Well, this was Junho's favorite. And whenever he heard it, it brought a smile to the youngers face. This is what pained him. Knowing that soon, he wouldn't be there for him to play this piece. Soon, he would stop listening to it, all because it traces back to Minjun, who would soon be dead.
    He sat there, just thinking of this song. It brought pain to his heart. His hands shook as they lightly brushed the keys. He didn't play this piano anymore. He stopped a while back, when he found out he was sick. He figured if he was going blind, going to soon start loosing his hearing, then he might as well get the memory out of his head of something that once brought him pure joy. But he still sat there. He tortured himself with this memory. He didn't deserve to be happy now if soon the one person he loved the most would be suffering. He breathed in a shaky breath. It was far too late to tell Junho now that he was dying. It was too late for him to fix himself. Too late to save Junho the pain. He couldn't do anything about it but sit back and wait for himself to become one with the sky. The only thing that happened beside his body becoming more damaged everyday was the piano, the one he loved, for its music to once be a medicine for the younger, to now become sour to his own ears. But that doesn't matter. Son, he won't be able to hear the sound it makes anymore.
    A week exactly had gone by, and on the last day of that week, Minjun knew he has torn Junho apart from the inside out. On the second day of this week, Junho arrived home from work, Minjun noticed he was wearing a shirt that he hadn't seen before. Minjun had been used to his world in black and white and the grays in between, so he knows shades of the faded colors. He complimented Junho on it, saying he liked the variety of all the colors. Junho looked at him strangely and said it was different shades of the same color. This is when Junho thought something was wrong. He didn't say anything to him, though. Minjun was glad for this.
    The fourth day, Minjun came home from a friends house to see Junho at the counter, on the phone, tears streaming down his face. Junho said his goodbyes and looked at Minjun disbelievingly. He cried in front of Minjun, who was still confused. Then he accused him of not telling him he was going to die. It was then that Minjun started to feel horrible. He didn't want Junho to know. He can't remember much of that night, but for the next three days, Junho was quiet around him. He was scared he could drop dead any moment. Minjun knew that isn't what was going to happen, but he worried himself. Could he drop dead one day? He didn't know. He wished Junho didn't either.
    He knew the end was near. A half a month later, his hearing was next to gone. His vision was grayed over. There was no more white. At night, he thinks that is when his vision disappears completely, when everything is a thick shade of black. Junho has to accompany him everywhere to make sure he does something and doesn't get hurt, possibly if he couldn't see the hazard or hear it. Minjun had learned to accept his fate. He isn't afraid of dying anymore. He wasn't afraid of what the future brought for him. Because he knew what it was. He had plenty of time to accept it. And thats what he did.
    It was close. Minjun knew it. The last half of that month, Minjun had a great struggle breathing. He was hospitalized for the last week. Laying in the hospital bed, hooked up to machines which he couldn't care les about, thought deeply. He thought, right then, Junho, beside his bed, was crying. He couldn't hear him. He couldn't hear the beeping of the heart monitor beside his head. He watched the ceiling, which he asumed was white, as all he could see was a sheet of darkening gray, darkening fast. And for the last minutes of his life, Minjun thought of Junho. He was the light of Junhos life, and now he wouldn't be there for him.
    It reminded him of a piano. The white keys, the main sound, and the black ones, to add a better sound to the main ones. That was them. Minjun was the white key, as Minjun was also to Junho. The people who were in their past were the black ones, making their life interesting, having learned that if you press the wrong key, involve yourself with the wrong people, even if it is just a small impact on your life, it affects the outcome. And if there were the good keys, positive people, it makes it better. Minjun took his last breaths, and wished Junho a happy future. He would fade into his background soon. He would become a black key to Junho. And no matter how badly his death would effect him, he would surely make an impact on his life.    Junho may suffer, but Minjun knows he will be okay in the end.
    Minjun would be the black key that made the piece that much more beautiful.
    White key or black key, Minjuns life would make Junho a whole new person, and become the white key to someone else. With these new keys, the song will turn out a lot more amazing.

--

i hope you all liked it! if you cried, don't worry i did too. junbros is my LIFE so i had to write something. 

if you liked this, follow my twitter for an update on a fic or one shot, my user is in my status :)