Chapter 3

Infinitely

She observed the other girl quietly, eyes taking in the color of her dark raven hair and of her rosy cheeks. She had many thoughts running through her head at the moment but all she could really focus on was the soft up and down of her chest as the girl continued breathing.


Jessica remained quiet. She was worried to say the least — having found Tiffany almost collapsing onto the floor scared her. She was lucky to have been there, who knows what would've happened if she hadn't caught the other girl before she hit the floor.


"Oh…"

 

Jessica turned around as she heard the door to the school's infirmary opening. Her eyes landed on a familiar face though she couldn't really recall where or when she spotted this tall girl before.


"I'm sorry," the girl had said as she stood by the entrance with an awkward smile, hands locked in front of her as she avoided Jessica's gaze. "I didn't realize she had company already."


Jessica gave her a polite smile as she stood, "I should get going either way..." Glancing back toward Tiffany's resting figure she reassured herself that she'd be fine.


The tall girl stepped back, allowing her to pass through the door but before she could properly leave the other girl had spoken up, "It's nice to see you again."


Jessica's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she stared into those doe like eyes, a deep brown so familiar and yet unknown.


"I'm sorry… do I know you?"


The other girl simply flashed her a small smile before turning around and occupying the spot next to Tiffany's bedside.

 

"You know Tiffany doesn't have many friends," the tall girl had said, "she likes to keep to herself most of the time. I worry about her, you know. I'm glad to know she has you."

 

Jessica remained quiet. Her eyes fell toward Tiffany's sleeping form and nodded toward the other girl who was occupying the seat Jessica had used before, "Will she be alright?"


"She always is."


Not really knowing what to say next, Jessica grabbed a hold of the door knob ready to head out.


The girl turned around momentarily before calling out softly, "I hope to see you around."


Jessica was left stumped as she stared at this weird girl. She didn't recall her at all — no memory of this girl appeared in her mind thus Jessica ignored the odd feeling in her stomach and pushed past the door but not before stealing another glance at Tiffany.


-

 

Her eyes fluttered open, a sudden weight being lifted off her chest as she took a small breath and filled her lungs. The pain against her skull had faded somewhat and she laid there in a daze, staring up at the ceiling unaware of the presence beside her.


She tried to sit up but a soft voice called out to her before a hand pushed her shoulder back, causing her body to lean against the bed once more.


Her gaze shifted to the right, a lazy smile making it's way to her lips as she spotted Yoona sitting there beside her.


"Oh, you're here."


Yoona laughed gently, long and slender fingers working to push Tiffany's hair away from her face, "Were you expecting someone else?"


Tiffany started acting as if it was a serious question as she put her finger to her chin and playfully pondered the question.


Yoona simply hit her shoulder gently and laughed, "How are you feeling?"


Tiffany's smiled faded as she pushed herself to a sitting position this time Yoona allowing and assisting her sister in doing so.


"I feel weird," Tiffany commented, her fingers pushing a stray hair behind her ear as she continued, "I feel out of this world — light; weightless.


"Does anything hurt anywhere?"


Tiffany nodded, fingers touching the fading scar across her temple as she faced Yoona, "I have a pounding in my head… a feeling of forgetting something but not being able to remember exactly what it is."


Yoona hummed but for the most part remained silent.


"Hey…" Tiffany spoke up again, "Did you find me? I remember collapsing out in the hall and someone keeping me up."


Yoona flashed her a weird smile as if keeping a secret to herself or maybe an inside joke that she couldn't share with her, "No. Someone else did."


"Oh," Tiffany said, eyes downcast and eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "then who was it?"


Yoona shifted her head so she was glancing momentarily toward the closed door of the infirmary before turning to face Tiffany, "A girl."


Tiffany eyed her carefully not being able to comprehend her sister so she just shook her head, "Alright then, don't tell me."


Yoona chuckled gently before taking a hold of Tiffany's hand and it gently.


"You wouldn't know who it was anyway."

 

-

 

"Yoona's been acting weird recently," Tiffany had proclaimed as she pushed her hair away from her face and cradled the journal closer to her body.


The taller of the two girls, Seohyun just gave her an uncertain look before asking in a gentle tone, "How?"


Tiffany sighed, recalling all the odd moments and weird looks Yoona would throw her way at certain points during her day.


For instance, yesterday night Yoona had come into her room with an unreadable expression on her face. A mixture of uncertainty and a gleam of something reflecting off from her doe like eyes. She had sat in front of her, Tiffany been writing away in her journal too busy to take notice of Yoona's presence.


"Hey," she had called out softly, drawing Tiffany away from her save haven where words formed unimaginable places and thoughts lingered on paper.


Yoona had in her hands a small shoe-box, the edges were withered and old — dust lingered a bit at the top. Tiffany had only stared at her inquisitively, eyes beckoning her sister to explain herself and the presence of this shoe-box whose contents she wasn't aware of.


"I was cleaning out the garage recently and I came across this box. It's a bit weird since I hadn't seen it before and it's certainly not mine so here: I think it's yours."


Tiffany's brows furrowed, a questioning look upon her face as her lips curled up in a playful grin at her sisters antics, "Why would you be cleaning the garage at this hour, dummy?"


Yoona let out a soft chuckle, Fingers tapping away on the cover of the box with a small smile tugging at her lips, "I was looking for something..."


"Oh, really?" Tiffany .


"You know what," Yoona had began, "I'll just leave this here and go back to looking for that thing I was looking for... becuase it's important — so don't judge, okay?"

 

Tiffany just shook her head, an endearing smile making its way upon her lips at her sisters words and she simply nodded watching as her sister closed her bedroom door gently and left her alone with the box sitting atop the end of the bed.


Tiffany just let it be before going back to her journal.


After recalling this encounter with Yoona and having told Seohyun this, the taller girl just laughed softly, "But when is Yoona not weird?"


Tiffany laughed at her comment then, eyes forming crescents and fingers tapping against her journal softly.


"I guess you're right, I don't know what's gotten into me recently."

 

They approached the cafe soon after their conversation. Tiffany had stopped initially as her eyes settled upon a figure leaning against the metal railings of the cafe's stairs that led to the entrance. For some odd reason her eyes would not leave the girl's figure, eyes being drawn to the dark brown of her long hair and of the white that was her scarf encircling her neck as she stood there playing with what seemed to be her phone.


"Hey, are you alright?"


Tiffany faced Seohyun, a reassuring smile unconsciously making her way to her lips before nodding, "It seems we have a customer already waiting out for us."


Seohyun turned and nodded as she spotted the figure as well, " It seems we do."

 


 

(A/N): Hi~ so what do you think? Yoona and Seohyun have finally made an appearance so keep an eye out for these two as I have a storyline for them. The same goes for sunyeon who haven't yet appeared but soon will just in case you were wondering just why I included the sunyeon tag in this story /laughs/

So please comment down below and let me know how I'm doing so far with the story.

stay healthy and love freely
shadow14