Chapter 1

Infinitely

 Jessica wondered just what she had expected from going out in this harsh weather, not only was it terribly cold but for some reason she had forgotten her gloves — making it almost impossible to take any good pictures with her camera.


She walked along the side walk, eyes shifting here and there, in hopes of finding a warm cozy place to get something to drink.


She promised herself in that moment that she won't ever go out on her morning walks in such weather conditions.


Perhaps it was her fault for miscalculating the temperature differences between Seoul and San Francisco.


Finally she spotted a small cafe off in the distance and her mood was quickly lifted. Quickening her pace she reached the cafe in no less than three minutes.


She pushed open the door, bell ringing above her as she stepped through and observed the place silently. She was rather glad for the warmth that was provided inside and it was a rather nice looking place with various offers of pastries and coffee.


She quickly placed herself in line and waited before ordering her drink. She knew she was on a tight schedule so she would order her coffee to drink and hope to make it home on time to acompanny Sunny to Uni and hope she herself wouldn't be late for her morning class.

 

After paying and recieving her drink she quickly made it to the entrance of the cafe but before she could even take another step, something had collided against her, she was lucky that she was holding her coffee tightly and carefully for if she hadn't it would've fallen over both their bodies.


"I'm sorry—"


Jessica's eyes immediately looked up upon hearing a soft husky voice speak up — causing more of an impact than the crashing of both their bodies previously.


She never expected to get caught up in the girl's scent — warm and inviting somehow reminding her of coming home, with a small hint of cocoa. Or the way her slightly tousled hair fell over her face slightly obscuring her features, making Jessica grip her camera tighter because it would be absolutely rude to take a picture of a stranger just because; even if it was such a marvelous sight to withstand.


The girl, almost about her height, turned slightly to meet her gaze and bowed in apology, hands gripping tightly onto the journal in her hands scared that maybe its contents would fall to the floor.


Jessica's gaze automatically locked onto those dark, chocolate brown eyes that were drawing her in with every blink of her lashes — long and soft, creating a slight shadow to graze the top of her cheeks and Jessica was tempted once more to capture this beauty before her.


Though truth be told, Jessica was certain she's stared into eyes similar to hers before — in general this girl standing before her, beautiful in all dictionary definitions; reminded her so much of the girl she once left behind with a smile promising forever and a ring settled upon a finger that was directly linked to the heart — reminding her of where her own heart rested.


But it most certainly couldn't be her, right?


Before she could even question it further the other girl had pushed past her with an apologetic look as she stepped inside the small quiant cafe and quickly greeted the awaiting barista. Jessica noticed the grip on the journal never wavering, she also noticed the way the girl glanced back at her if just momentarily — and all Jessica could feel in that instance was the rapid way her heart was beating against her chest.


It's been years,though. What are the possibilities of her being here and of them meeting after so long — after breaking the one promise she vowed to keep for herself and for the girl. A promise of coming back despite everything.


Jessica spared her another look before breathing in and willing her heart to return to normal but it was futile because her scent still lingered slightly even after moving away as quickly as the girl had — or was Jessica just too aware of the girl's presence.


She looked away and instead adjusted her scarf around her neck, gripping the camera tightly in her hands and took one final look though the lenses, towards the girl who was now sitting at a table not too far from where she stood and before she knew it, the shutter had went of indicating she had taken the photogragh — though she felt bad about doing so, the need to keep a small reminder of this moment was beyond her.

 

-

 

She sat herself on the bench, near the fountain of the campus courtyard overlooking the garden surrounding it. The trees created a perfect setting as she gripped the camera in her hands and shifted it upwards — capturing the leaves that were swaying and the sun rays that were sneaking in through the thin branches, with a soft click the picture was forever captured.

 

Jessica peaked through her hair and observed the picture, she then proceeded to look at the others until her eyes landed on the one picture that wasn't planned — of the girl sitting among the many other customers at the small cafe she had visited a couple weeks ago.

 

She hadn't seen the girl again though she guessed that it was most expected since she was situated in a rather largely populated city and the chances of seeing someone again was rather improbable. Especially amongst a place like this, where tourist roamed the city more than their own occupants though you can say Jessica herself was one of them considering the fact that she hasn't been in this city for as long as she remembered.

 

Her hand reached around her neck playing with the ring that hung around a thin silver chain. It's been 3 years since she left, though she wanted to return — things just weren't that easy and in turn she lost touch of the one girl that held all her memories.

 

A girl whose smile was as dazzling as jems if not brighter.

 

She gripped the ring tighter as she leaned her body back and stared at the sky, clouds shifting and moving ever so slowly and she closed her eyes trying to think of the last memory she had of the girl.

 

As she tried recollecting her memories she felt a small poking on her left cheek, she opened her eyes to see Sunny smiling down at her. her hair was up in a messy bun smiling so brightly and teasinly at the older girl.


Jessica pushed her hand away shifting so she was looking at Sunny properly, "Hi,"


The other girl smiled as she signaled to the cafe across campus, "Want to grab something to drink? Coffee perhaps to keep you awake?"


Laughing softly Jessica answered,"I wasn't sleeping though, Sunny. But yeah, let's go get something."


They walked comfortably with Sunny talking about how her morning class had been. Jessica shared with her the photographs she had taken this morning on her walk, told her about Krystal complaining about the coach and how much training they had her doing.

 

They arrived at the cafe not too long after with Jessica observing the surrounding for she hadn't had the chance to come here before this moment and as her eyes locked onto the inside from the window — cozy and quaint with books outlining one wall and a small stage on the far left Jessica pondered onto why she would hesitate coming here in the past.


Sunny just chuckled as she linked arms with the awestruck girl and led her inside, being mindful as to not make Jessica hit anything in her daze though she was tempted to.


Once inside Sunny made her wander around the cafe as she searched for her friend who 'would give us a discount because she loved me'.


Jessica was left to look around the rather nice looking place and she headed to where the books were lined up along the shelves. Her eyes observed the titles slowly realizing that most books were in Korean and although she was fluent, for some reason she enjoyed her books in English — dwelling more on the play of words in the English language that made her feel things instead of the Korean ones where she struggled to understand and where some things were lost in translation.


She noticed a girl in her peripheral vision as she took a book out carelessly and skimmed through it, eyes shifting up from the words printed on the pages and towards dark raven hair and thin glasses perched on a face of a person so oddly familiar and she was left breathless as a whif of cocoa invaded her senses as the girl walked past her and sat on one of the benches placed along the windows.


Jessica lowered the book and placed it back where it was as Sunny aproached her with a beaming smile, "Drinks are on the house!"


Jessica smiled, trying to distract her wavering gaze and beating heart, "So you found your friend?"


Sunny nodded guiding Jessica towards a table a few feet away from the girl who had garnered Jessica's attention who was busy writing down in a journal to notice Jessica's gaze on her.


Sunny noticed her distracted gaze and spoke up, "You know staring is rude."


Jessica quickly looked away as she played with her camera as they waited for the drinks, "I wasn't staring."


Sunny shrugged in a teasing manner, "She's always like that. In her own world writing, never stopping. I always wondered why."


"Oh you mean she comes here often?" Jessica had questioned, eyes falling towards the girl again.


"More than that. She works here part-time, she's majoring literature but that's not at all surprising. But why the sudden interest?"


Jessica shrugged gaze dropping as she played with the necklace in a habit she picked up a long time ago, "I'm not… it's just that I think I saw her somewhere before."


"Tiffany's always going places."


Just then their drinks arrived and Sunny had quickly changed the conversation topic toward her afternoon plans.


Jessica's eyes however never left the girl's frame as she watches her silently, her name going around her mind, permanantly etched into her brain — a name that was familiar and yet different.


Her heart beat seemed to lock onto it as well because long before she knew it the rapid beating was soon calling out her name in a continuous melody.

 

Tiffany. Tiffany. Tiffany.

 


 

(A/N:) Hi guys! I wasn't sure whether to post this or not considering the fact that I have 1234567890 million stories left unfinished but I dunno I wanted to give you guys another jeti story because I miss them. I wasn't sure though if you guys read jeti fics after 930 or any Jessica and SNSD related fics anymore, do you? 

Anyway please comment if you want me to continue or not~ 

 

stay healthy and love freely 

shadow 14