Empty Words

Empty words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Dongwoo,

I don’t know how to start this… This is weird, isn’t it? Why would I write you a letter when I see you every single day? My goodness this is so hard, but I’ve been thinking about this for a long time, so here goes nothing…

 

Truth is… I like you. Very much. What am I saying? I don’t like you; I love you. You’re surprised right…? Haha, I bet your eyes are wide open, not believing the words you’re reading right now. Unfortunately for me, they’re true.

I don’t remember when I started having feelings for you to be honest- all I know is that when I started, there was no way back. You know, maybe I had feelings for you all along. Maybe I was just too blind to notice sooner. Maybe I should have been more careful to the way my heart and body reacted around you.

No one but you could make my heart swell and my skin tingle whenever you were around me. You were the only one who could just by smiling, make the sun shine on my darkest days even if there was pouring rain outside. You were always there for me; encouraging me, making me laugh, consoling me when I needed it and pointing out whenever I was wrong. I used to be really proud in the past, remember? I would sulk and not talk if I were wrong, my pride making it hard to apologize. You changed that.

You always said that a person should laugh as they live, pinching my cheeks and making sure I would genuinely smile, not stopping unless you were satisfied. It was during one of those times that I finally admitted to myself that I’m in love with you. I couldn’t believe it myself and kept denying it constantly.

I started avoiding you on purpose because you made my heart flutter so much. I wish I hadn’t done that now. Maybe I should have shown my affection for you all these years. Maybe things would have been different. Maybe I wouldn’t feel so alone.

I remember you telling me that it’s best to regret doing something, than regret not doing it at all. You were right. I regret so many thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter