1 || A New Beginning

When Three Becomes One (Re-Released)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been exactly three weeks since you moved into your new flat that you and your fiance bought only two months ago. The last apartment you both lived in was just big enough for two, but wouldn’t be when you were expanding as a family. You were happy to finally find a place that was bigger and had more rooms. Plenty to raise your little family. However, buying a new and bigger place also comes with a lot more cleaning and work before you could start enjoying your new love nest. Despite of the rooms being painted and new wooden floors put down in the entire apartment as soon as you moved in, there still was a lot do. Everything was everywhere and each corner of the flat had a few boxes piled up in the corner that required unpacking. Being three months pregnant and your wedding only two weeks away, your schedules were pretty tight and you were slightly stressing out, because Jonghyun was still out quite a lot since he had to work and there was no way he was allowing you to move any of these boxes by yourself, no matter how much it bothered you to begin with. Daddy to be was overly concerned and worried you would do something to harm yourself or your unborn child. You understood where he was coming from but you still had a hard time to sit still because he demanded you to stay home for a while. Not because he was so old fashioned, but because in his opinion, a mommy should be a mommy and stay home to enjoy it. You obeyed your fiance at first. The first couple of days after you moved in you could entertain yourself a little buying a few things to decorate the house and meet your friends for tea, but your mommy feelings and the urge to nestle and clean up the mess was clearly winning it. It was about time that all these boxes were to be unpacked and neatly put away where it belonged.


With the sun shining onto your balcony and warming up the living room you decided to open the glass doors revealing quite a big terrace. Balconies are not very easy to find, bu you fell in love with it the first time you visited it before buying. It had a gorgeous view over the park nearby and it was child safe. One of your demands buying the new apartment was to have a place that was safe enough for the little one so that he or she could play. Not only was the apartment beautifully located among green surroundings, it had an elementary school and kindergarten nearby too. You were very much confident you couldn't have picked a better place than this. Inhaling the summer breeze you smiled looking out over the green park in front of you watching children play and adults lying in the grass reading a book. Impatiently not knowing what to do with yourself, you walked back into the house on barefoot to make yourself some fresh lemonade before you decided to do some unpacking. After your refreshed beverage you put the glass down in the sink and headed towards the room that at some point had to become the nursery, you went through some boxes to see what could be moved to which room. While you were busy sorting all the boxes into the destined rooms, little Roo started barking and that's when you knew your fiance must be home. “Roo, come here girl” you sing-songed walking out of the nursery room pushing your glasses back up your nose bumping into your fiance. “Honey, what are you doing?” Jonghyun asked sounding the worried daddy to be closing the door behind him. You on the other hand gave him a confused look knowing what he was referring too, but you rather wanted to ignore that for now. As if nothing happened you picked up Roo and started petting her. “I...I was cleaning up the rooms putting the boxes in the right rooms?” you carefully mumbled following your fiance into the kitchen where he put down some groceries he picked up on the way home.


“Honey didn't I tell you that this unpacking could wait for a few more days?” Jonghyun calmly reminded you with that concerned tone of his and started unpacking all the groceries from the box. “I'm fine. I didn't hurt myself did I?” you shrugged putting Roo back down before you took out a few items from the box helping your fiance unpack the groceries. “You can't blame me. What am I supposed to do all day? It has to be done. The sooner the better”. No matter how you were trying to justify the well meant gesture, the worry displaying across your fiance's face did not disappear. “Baby it's not about you hurting yourself that I am worried about. You're three months pregnant. You shouldn't be lifting these heavy boxes. You could be breaking your back or drop one of the boxes out of your hand onto your feet?” Jonghyun explained turning around taking the bottle of water of your hand that you just took out of the fridge a few seconds ago and put it down on the kitchen table. “Let me take care of the heavy boxes and move them around. Besides, you have been cleaning this place like a mad woman. Give yourself a rest. You don't have to do it by yourself”. You let out a sigh knowing that man of yours was right. “I know. I just have the urge to clean somehow and my mind is not at ease when it's not. I don't want this mess around when we get married. I want it to be clean when the baby comes too” you confessed. Jonghyun stepped closer rubbing your arms “Honey I know and I am sorry if I am slowing the process down. Don't take it personal when I tell you not to move these boxes by yourself or clean. I am just worried something will happen to you when I am not in the house, but please do me a favor?” he paused taking your hands in his before he gently squeezed them. “Wait until I get home so that we can do this together and I can keep an eye on you too”. You nodded and gave in. “Okay. I'll try” Jonghyun smiled and kissed your temple. “Good”. “I guess I just don't know what to do with myself. I can't be going baby shopping every single day and my friends are usually at work too” you mumbled. “I have a much better idea. How about me taking a few days off and we unpack and decorate the apartment so you can relax a little” Jonghyun suggested.


“How? You have your obligations towards your management too. Wouldn't they give you a hard time for you just even asking in the first place? I know how crazy your schedule gets” you whispered. Jonghyun nodded slightly smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter