Buy a Heart

Inmate 0205

The club was always known as a very sinful place, according to my parents. I always asked why and they never seemed to give me a reasonable explanation, but I listened to them nonetheless. 


"Wake up, princess," A distant voice called. "It's time to wake up now,"

"YURI!"

"Oh my God!" I screamed and felt my body fall to the ground. I groaned loudly when I could feel my bones shatter. 

"Took you long enough," Hyo smirked as she walked towards my closet. "Do you know how much time I wasted trying to wake you? Imagine a fire erupted-"

"Is there a point to why you woke me at," I paused and grabbed my digital clock beside me. "1 in the morning?" I grunted and pulled my body back onto the bed.

"To go to a club...?" She said as if it was the most obvious answer in the world.

"Why? We have a shift at the gym tomorrow," I buried my face into my pillow, trying to catch the sleep I lost. 

"To hell with that gym," She grumbled. "I never liked waking up just to smell sweat,"

"Mmh..." I mumbled, slowly drifting back to sleep.

"Hey, wake up!" She slapped my sore . "I said we're going to the club now wear this. I need a wing-woman," She chuckled.

"Then find someone else," I groaned like a little brat while burying my face even deeper into the pillow. Any deeper and I might as well be on the other side of the earth. "I. Want. Sleep."

"And I want to party," She started tugging on my leg and I eventually lost my grip on the bed railing, falling to the ground with my pillow to ease my blow. I knew that she wouldn't let me go back to bed no matter what I bribed her with so I grumbled curse words under my breath and stomped my way to the bathroom. "Thank you, honey!" 

I pulled out a maroon two piece; the top was a spaghetti crop top and the bottom was simple shorts. I tried my best to cover up my tired eyes and bags, but in the end, it felt a bit useless. My hair was a mess, worse than a jungle, so I pulled it into a high ponytail. Lastly, I slipped into black platform heels with strap because I was 100% sure that I would lose them during the night.

"I doubt any club is open at this hour," I sighed and placed my phone as well as some money into the front pockets of my shorts.

"There is- HOLY SH*T!" Hyoyeon screamed and I instantly snapped my neck up to her to see her gawking at me. "You're actually hot!"

"Wow, thanks," I mumbled lamely. 

"I mean, better than usual," She added. "You just seem like a goody-two-shoe, but you have curves! Damn, Lu Han ed up badly,"

"Thanks for the pep talk," I chuckled and started walking out the apartment.

It was a miracle how we were able to hail a cab especially since the streets were mostly deserted, but as soon as we pulled towards the club strip, people among more people were scattered everywhere which made it impossible to park near the clubs. We paid for the ride, but not for the entrance of one of the popular clubs- according to Hyo. 

"We might lose each other, but just call me if anything happens!" She had to lean over and shout in my ear as the music was on blast.  

"What about you?" I shouted back.

"What?"

"WHAT ABOUT YOU?" I raised my voice to the point where my vibrato was the same as the speakers.

"What about me?" She frowned as we made our way to the bar.

"What if you need help?" I said irritatingly.

"Me? I'm perfectly fine. You should be worried about yourself," She chuckled and then ordered drinks for us.

I was passed a small cup of this weird blue substance. I eyed the shot and Hyoyeon sceptically, and she gestured for me to drink as she was chugging down her own. "It'll help you get through the rest of the night and drinks," She noted while looking around the club.

I lifted the shot glass to my lips and drank it without thinking- I regret it instantly. The strong alcohol mix burned my throat, coating it with this intense heat before it turned to a cooling sensation. It was weird and made me scowl intensely. I turned back to glare at Hyoyeon, but she was already lost in the crowd.

The song suddenly changed and got the crowd of people more hyped. Their cheers mixed in with the pungent smell of alcohol would have made me turn my heels, but I felt my whole body loosen up- probably thanks to that weird concoction. I shook away all the stress from my body as I walked up to the crowd that were dancing. 

The lights went crazy at some points of the song, blinking multiple times which made everything seem like they were stills from a photo-shoot. I closed my eyes and raised my hands with everyone else, milking every second of the hyped atmosphere. My hips swayed, following the rhythm.

At some point in the song, I ended up with a drink in my hand and a guy behind me. I didn't bother to push him off since he wasn't doing any harm. I eventually joined Hyoyeon again somewhere in the middle and we danced together. My head started to spin and my stomach was twisted in knots as the rest of my body felt numb, but I welcomed the feeling with open arms as I kept dancing. 

When the beat drop, I made my way out of the crowd, feeling too squished to even breathe. I kept dancing until I reached the bar and ordered a random drink. With the tall glass in my hand, I sipped on it while scanning the club for Hyo, but I found someone else instead. 

"No ing way," I grumbled under my breath as I watched Lu Han walk in the club with a girl in tow.

Yoon Ji.

That's it. I'm done here and am leaving, but not to go home. I'm going to find a different club and meet Hyoyeon at home. I quickly made my exit, but it proved to be harder than planned since Lu Han was in front of the door. I held my head high and walked passed him while pretending his existence meant nothing to me. I felt someone's piercing gaze burn the back of my head, but I ignored it and slipped through the door.

I exhaled and looked around for my next location. I spotted another packed club somewhere down the street. I raced towards it and easily got access. The atmosphere was much slower yet it made you instantly want to dance. I blended in with the crowd and didn't waste time in letting the song flow through me. It's funny how most songs can relate to you as if it was dedicated to you.

From the corner, I saw a guy watching me; dark slicked back hair in a white t-shirt and dark washed jeans. He seemed like a good idea at that very moment, a good way to get amnesia for a quick minute. I sauntered over to him and grabbed his hand to bring him back to the middle without any exchange of words. I lost his hand for a second, but snatched it right back.

Right as we stopped walking, I swayed my hips around and his hands seemed to be glued to the curve of my waist. His touch caused this euphoric sensation to erupt through me as it continued to graze my legs to my arms. Whoever this guy was, he was good. 

As the song became slower, so did we. We became completely in sync with the song as well as with each other. The lights dimmed as I turned around so it was hard to see his face. Nonetheless, I let my fingers trace his jawline all the way to his brow bone. He pulled me closer, almost possessively. I felt his eyes roam over my body and it caused everything around us to stop moving. 

Nothing but the muffled sounds of the song surrounded us as well as blurs of human shapes. Everything slowed down even more, but we were still in motion. Even with my heels, there was still a good 3 inch difference between us. I closed my eyes as I leaned my head back, hands in the air once again. 

If you could fall in love again for a quick second, it was happening to me.

Warmth spread through me as he pressed his lips upon mine. My arms fell onto his shoulders as my hands laced them in his hair, pulling him closer. His lips were just as possessive as his arms, quickly claiming my lips when I would pull back for air. It was at that moment that I felt all control seep out of me and all those drinks came back to give their final effect.

I fell unconscious soon after.

I started shifting around, trying to regain consciousness. My brain was pounding as if someone was playing extreme dodge ball with it. I groaned while curling myself into a ball while massaging my temples. I've read and heard stories about hangovers, but I never experienced it. 

Suddenly, I felt something slip into my mouth and the bitter taste made me realize that it was a pill so I was dumb enough to swallow it. I then felt arms wrap themselves around my waist which instantly put me in alert mode. I pushed whoever was on me, but ended up on the ground.

"Ah!" I winced while falling over to rub my sore . 

", are you okay?" A gruff voice called out while picking me right back up and placing me on the bed.

"What the-" My eyes finally adjusted to the light and I gasped loudly. "LU HAN?!" 

I screamed at the top of my lungs and, at one point, even I didn't know what I was saying. I did remember cursing a couple of times. I got my hands on some pillows and never ceased my attack on him. Who knows what he did to me while I was out. 

Oh God, was he the one I was dancing with? Sh*t, I kissed him, too!

"Would you stop?!" He cried out while holding his arms in front of his face. 

"What did you do to me?!" I shouted. 

"Nothing! Would you let me explain?" He said exasperatingly. 

"No, I'm leaving," I grumbled and threw one last pillow at him before storming out.

"No, no, no!" He grabbed my wrist and tried pulling me back. 

"Let go of me!" I screamed and pulled my hand back, but I could tell that he won't give up that easily. 

"Come on, Yuri, please! Just 5 minutes and if I still haven't convinced you then I'll let you walk out for good," He begged and I tried overlooking the sincerity in his eyes. I hate myself for being weak. 

"Explain what?" I snapped. 

"Everything!" He sighed, looking somewhat pained. 

"Only 5 minutes," I precised and he nodded thankfully. He gestured for me to sit on the couch and I did, but very cautiously. 

"Okay, I was only using Yoon Ji so it would be easier to break things off with you-"

"WHAT?!" I screeched. "So just simply saying that you wanted to break up was too mainstream for you?!" I scoffed and was getting up to leave, but he held me back.

"N-No! God, just let me explain until the end," He pleaded and I stood firmly in front of him with my arms crossed. This conversation wasn't going well. 

"I knew that you would be successful when you would leave the prison, more than me. I didn't want to pull you down. If we did stay together until your release, I was afraid of you getting tired of me being your extra weight. I wanted to save myself of the unavoidable," He muttered the last part lowly. 

"You're so selfish!" I accused and scowled. "Did you not once think of me during your little plan? How do you think I felt when I saw you with her? Well, to say the least I thought you were bored of me," I turned away because I couldn't possibly look at him anymore. 

"I-I know, but I realized that too late," His voice lowered as well as his head. 

"Yeah you did," I mumbled, feeling my throat hurt from holding back the tears.

"I want you back, I really do," I felt his gaze on me and it took everything inside me not to meet his eyes.

"Do you?" I whispered harshly and he nodded. "You seemed just fine without me last night," It seemed like I pushed a button.

"That was a misunderstanding, and believe me, when I tell you that I had no intention of running into Yoon Ji," He got up and tried to hold my hands, but I ripped them away. "I was only there to pick up my friend and she was there, too. She said she knew where my friend was and I stupidly believed her," His explanation did little to calm me. 

I raised a brow at him. "Do you honestly not believe me when I say I love you?" He sounded desperate for a moment. 

"Not after what I experienced," I mumbled and looked to the side. 

"Please let me prove to you-"

"No, I think it's time I go home," Leaving him wasn't getting any easier, but I had to learn to lessen the pain in my chest every time.

"Please-"

"No, Lu Han, I need to stand my ground and leave-" I was cut off when lightning suddenly struck.

"I guess you won't be leaving anytime soon," He chuckled lightly while rubbing the back of his neck as a boyish grin spread across his lips.

A/N:

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THIS STORY?

Okay, first off, sorry I've been neglecting this story, but it's just that darn writer's block again :/ 

I hope this made chapter made up for my absence :)