Kookie

Bad Influences [Discontinued]
Kookie

Because who wouldn't love being approached by a random, handsome young man whom you were once waving to from a window.


I apologize for swear words here and there, also this story may have some mature content.. but not really mature that I need to mark the chapter as M.   If i do, i will be marking it M but for now, enjoy!

I apologize if this was a bit..long. And well, boring.

.
 

story layout credit

Graffiti-stained walls, homework left undone, garbage thrown into any clear space available. The stench was unbearable and so were the delinquents who turned this once superior academy into a hole.  Sumin watched from outside at the students who hurriedly ran to their classrooms almost as if they were afraid. They were afraid; not because of the teachers but because of the mouthing students who cared less and less about their peers.  She scanned each floor of Dongho academy and analysed each student she could see.  She saw girls who wanted to leave from school right away and others who shoved their tongue down another guy's throat. Disgusted, she walked on shrugging the image out of her mind and continued her walk around Seoul.  She kindly apologized when she bumped into 2 adults who seemed to be in a rush and hopped on until she reached a damp alley.  Though damp, it was well lit and many people were seen entering and exiting.  She walked down and breathed in the distinct scent that was Seoul.

Seoul, how she missed this city.  A place that enclosed a hundred alleys yet none had that urban smell to it like books and movies exclaimed.  The city was packed with adults and students alike who all had one thing in common. They all had a dream.  Even if it was something as small as buying a taco or something aspiring as becoming a world renowned designer, they all had dreams deep inside of them. She glanced at everyone who passed by and sighed at the thought of following your dreams. She did. And she does not regret it whatsoever. It was clean.. well, most of Seoul was clean.  The busy central itself was a tranquil and busy area where most stayed silent and ran to their destination.  School children were civilized and happily abide by the law. Seoul was a good place. A good place with a handful of bad influences.


Sumin stopped at a small but busy café.  As she entered, the bell rang and a head popped out of a counter. Her crescent eyes gleamed as she glided closer and bowed.  Her hair fell gracefully around her as she stood back up and handed her a small menu.  She smoothed her white shirt and tightened the chestnut brown apron wrapped around her small waist.  Her long, wavy hair framed her cute face. She wore neutral tones of makeup to create an almost no-make-up makeup look.  

"Glad to see you again Sumin, It's been so long." The young barista greeted as Sumin quickly gave her a hug before any manager could see.
"I see someone has grown more stunning. I missed you Seolmi,"  Sumin smiled as she was lead up the stairs and sat next to the balcony overlooking the café. The table was only big enough for one person but had the best view which even was settled next to a window so she could see the busy streets of Seoul.

Seolmi, giggling at the compliment, playfully slapped Sumin's shoulder as she sauntered off to do her job.  Sumin smiled at her old friend and waited for her shift to finish.  She scanned the menu and called Seolmi to order a plate of Kimchi fried rice, an iced coffee and a glass of water on the side.  Seolmi nodded, taking each order down before disappearing again.  Sumin waited patiently before her eyes wandered to the commotion going on outside. She looked out the window, pretending to stretch, as she watched a group of 7 young men.  around her age, sitting around near the café. Some had masks while others smirked devilishly at everyone that walked by.  She noticed the people walking by moved away from them almost as if they had caught a plague.. or they were the plague.   

'I gotta admit.. Seolmi-sshi isn't the only stunning person i've seen today.  These guys are hot.'  She thought as she squinted to try and get a good look at each individual.  She cringed at the man leaning against the wall with his legs crossed as he glared down into the ground.  He looked so..angry. Like the type of anger you would see after provoking a caged lion several times in the face.   Half his face covered by a studded mask and his hair messily thrown upwards. But..he looked familiar, like a blast from the past.  She watched as his friends talked and laugh among themselves and his random nods here and there. 'Always the weird ones.. huh Min?  You always have to be attracted to the weird ones'.  It was true. Sumin has fallen for some very weirdass people who were actually really lovable in the end. She gulped as she felt the 7 stare up at her.  Stud-mask the last to look up and she could feel their eyes digging into her.    Not wanting to do any harm she smiled and waved politely as she waited for them to reply.  2 waved back while the others looked at each other.  Sumin 'tsk'ed as Stud-Mask just stared almost in deep thought. 

"Sumin,"  
Sumin turned around to see a happy Seolmi placing her order onto her table.
"Enjoy your meal, I finish in an hour and 15 minutes.. so if anything, i'll just come up and we can go to yours together." 

Sumin turned back to the window quickly to wave at the 7 before thanking Seolmi and getting comfortable on her seat.  Curious, Seolmi sneaked to the window and glanced around. She frowned as she saw the 7 down there busy talking away and giving off negative vibes.
"Min.. has Jiho told you anything yet?"

Sumin gulped down her rice as she looked at Seolmi. 
"Was he suppose to tell me something?"

"Its not regarding us..its about others.."

Sumin could tell by the tone of her voice it was serious. Seolmi's voice would shake slightly as she spoke..almost as if she was scared to tell her but she had to.  Sumin shook her head, "Nothing."

"Guess you'll find out later.." 
Seolmi shrugged going back to her jolly self and continuing with her job.  Sumin would glance ever so often down to see one of the guys staring at her window. He was cute in a manly way. His features were sharp but age-wise.. he looked no older than 17.  His jet black hair was messily tussled and his uniform exposed, unlike the other 6 who hid their uniform and crest emblem behind zipped up black jackets.  'What a cutie.'  She thought as she scooped up more rice and ate it.  She finished her rice before going onto her favorite of the 3 orders, her iced coffee.  She smiled as she took a sip and enjoying the sweet but strong taste of cool, iced coffee going down . She loved iced coffees.  She could drink it all day if she could.   She turned to frown the adorable young man was not there no more and the other 6 were slowly leaving together.  'Why would i care anyway?' Shrugging with the thought she turned back and continued to enjoy her iced coffee and  watched Seolmi doing her job with the upmost respect to all customers and a glowing smile plastered onto her face.   She smiled inwardly; Her brother was a lucky man to have such a beautiful girl as her.


"Kookie, Where are you going?"  A deep voice called as he watched the tall maknae smile and wave at everyone.  They watched him intently wondering why he would leave so early all of a sudden.  The 3 who sat and crouched on the ground stood up and stretched their aching muscles.  Their low moans and groans emitted as they released the tension in their muscles.  'Kookie' as he was called, turned and smiled happily.  His smile was absolutely gorgeous, and many of the passing girls agreed giggling and looking at Kookie. 

"Yeah, we were gonna go arcade," One of the masked men called behind his mask.  His mask was plain and black unlike his friends which was dazzled with studs all around.  Stud-Mask just stared as he ushered a small wave.

Kookie waved back and the others followed with a wave,  "Sorry guys, I'm gonna go catch up with something,"

One guy smirked,  "If you're going to Hyora's place, tell her i want second dibs on that ." 

Kookie shook his head and waved off to his friends. The other 6 started to get ready to leave.   Each glancing quickly at the window to see if that young woman would wave and smile to them again.  It was weird.. but..it was nice seeing someone smile at them.. not because they were good looking, but from politeness.  They haven't experienced such polite manners towards them for a long time.

"Hey Namjoon,  Do you really think he's going to Hyora's place?," A guy with brown hair asked.  

Namjoon shook his head, "If he was, he would have complained about her and her clingyness by now.  Kookie's a big guy now anyway. He can take care of himelf," 

"Well then..lets go arcade."  Stud-mask shrugged and walked ahead, the others slowly following walking the opposite direction Kookie was going. "If Kookie needs us, we'll be there right away from him anyway. We shouldn't worry like Namjoon said."


"Excuse me.."

Sumin snapped from her watch and turned to the voice.  She looked up to see the adorable young man there with a shy smile. The one who had been staring at her window with the other 6.  Sumin stared as she realized just how cute he was and how young he looked. He was dressed properly and he held a black hoodie in his hand. He wore a small string necklace around his neck under his shirt.  Realizing how long she was staring, Sumin shook her head and stood up.  He was about 2 inches taller than her.

"Sorry for just staring like that, It must have freaked you out." 

"Yeah, it really did,"   He spoke honestly.  He chuckled and looked down at her. "I was wondering if we could talk..about something."

Sumin blinked in surprise, "About..?"

The young man looked around him to see people staring at them weirdly as they talked. 'Bunch of eavesdroppers' He thought as he extended his hand.  "First things first," He started. "My name is Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook."

Sumin shook his hand and smiled, "Woo Sumin, would you like to sit down with me and talk about this 'something'?" 

Jungkook quickly grabbed an empty chair near him and plopped it so he was facing opposite Sumin. Sumin handed him her untouched water and he thanked her for the drink.  They quickly made small chat so they could feel much more comfortable talking to each other. Though, it was quite strange. A random guy she waved at in politeness was now sitting before her wanting to talk about something.  

She quickly learnt Jungkook was younger than her, He was 17 whilst she was 19. He goes to Dongho academy whilst she talked about her private institute and how she was trasnferring to his academy.  This made Jungkook scowl.

"This is why I wanted to speak to you." Jungkook started. "You seem like a nice girl, a really nice girl. I don't like seeing pretty noonas like you getting hurt."

Flattered, Sumin giggled as a faint blush crept on her cheeks.  "Don't worry about me Jungkook, I'm not really a pretty noona.. But i am nice. Besides, I'm a big girl, i can handle most situations." 

He sighed, "Not these 6."

Sumin sipped her Iced coffee, which was almost finished, and looked at him intrigued. "6?  6 what?"

"The 6 other guys who were with me, my friends.  Sumin, I know we just met and its still awkward as ..." Jungkook quickly looked to see her reaction to him swearing but she continued to stare intrigued and not disgusted by his bad manners.

"Don't worry about using that sort of language around me," She replied seeing him stop talking as he swore. "Others may find it rude.. but i consider us well.. acquaintances. I don't mind the language,"

Jungkook smiled, "You are really nice.. But anyway, my friends. They're bad news. Bad influences if i may say.  But.. they are my friends. I just want to warn you about them if you are really transferring to my academy. I really don't want them messing with you, I don't wanna see your pretty smile gone when you're in school. The guy in the stud mask.. He's a bit.. aggressive.  Try not to get on his bad side. He got suspended before for beating up a senior  whilst the others just laughed around him.  The others are flirts, going from girl to girl.. failing their year and just making eveyone s life a hell. I know their my friends but I just want you to stay away from them, okay?"

"Oh.. Stud-mask ey? Yeah he did look a bit ticked off.."

He nodded, "He's been like that for a long time now.. Some bad relationship or something like that."

"Oh.. poor guy."

"You know.. If this was like a drama or something, This would probably be the scene where i ask you to cool his burning heart and fall in love and before i swoop you from underneath him and some lovely, cheesy stuff from then on."

Sumin nodded smiling again, "You're a really handsome and weird young man, you know that?"

Jungkook smiled gulping some water down. "And cute too.. as hundreds have called me."

"That too,"
The two laughed as Jungkook checked his watch quickly. 

"I have to go.."

Sumin smiled and nodded, "Its getting late now isn't it.. Be careful going home, alright?"

Jungkook smiled warmly as he stood up and shook her hand one last time. 'so soft..' he thought as he squeezed it and nodded. "I'll be careful.. you too, okay? and remember my warning. "

Sumin big goodbye to her friend as she watched him exit the café and put on his hoodie.  He zipped it up and walked off quickly.  Sumin waited for Seolmi to give her the signal she had finished work.  Once given, Sumin asked for her receipt, paid it and left with Seolmi towards her house.