1

Miracles In December

Baekhyun looked at the little snow globe in his hands. It's been with him for five years. Wherever he went to stay he would take the little snow globe with him. It always helped him calm down. It helped him sleep peacfully too. He turned it upside down before placing the snow globe on the counter and puffed out his cheeks as he stared at the little figures inside. There were two males; a tall male standing on one leg and the other sticking out as he held his hat with his right hand and his left holding the short male who was doing the exact same thing but on the opposite side. They wore green dress shirts, red hats, a funky looking bow tie, jeans that were folded around the ankle, and black dress shoes. The both of them had smiles as the never ending snow fell on them. Baekhyun smiled as he lay on his bed, closing his eyes.

 

 

"This is for you!" The figure smiled brightly as he handed the other a green box with red ribbons laced around it. 

"So you can remember me when I leave later."

The one who recived the gift looked up at the other with sad eyes and a smile. 

"Do you have to go?"

"I promise I'll be back!"

The figure hugged the other and kissed his head.

"Bye bye for now Baekkie!"

 

 

Baekhyung threw a pillow at his door. He was angry because of what happened earlier at school. Someone decided it would be a great idea to smash the keys to his favorite piano. He literally looked for the person and beat the crap out of them. And of course, he was expelled by the behavior. The pillow bounced off the wall and hit one of his many counters, knocking down a frame. Baekhyun's eyes widened as he ran over to the frame and picked it up. He was so glad he had a carpet or else the frame would've shattered. He looked at picture inside and his bottom lip trembled a little.

 

 

"You're adorble when you do that."

"I am not!"

"Yes you are! Look at you!"

The figure shoved his phone in Baekhyun's face, showing him the picture of Baekhyun pouting angrily. Baekhyun glared up at him and was about to press the 'delete' button when the figure shrieked and took the phone away.

"No! This is a cute picture of you and it would be such a waste to delete it."

The figure slid his phone into his pocket before pulling Baekhyun into his arms. He kissed his head before laying on his back. The two were holding hands as they looked at the sky. It was a a contrast of orange and pink. The two laughed as they told how their week went.

"I like spending time with you Baekkie."

"I like spending time with you too." 

 

 

Baekhyun played with the sleeves of his sweater as he walked with his friends. They were heading to the music department and invited Baekhyun if he wanted to go. Baekhyun was staring at a piano. A clear see-through piano. He gulped as his hands started to sweat. He sat on the stool and pulled up his sleeves. He opened the top and let his hands ghostly touch the piano. He smiled as he made the same sweet melody he listens to when he sleeps. He got up and set down the cover before walking to the cash register. 

"How much is the see-through piano?"

"That is...five thousand dollars."

Baekhyun didn't hesitate as he took out his wallet, placing a black card on the counter. The cashier widened his eyes before swiping the card and pressing some things on the computer. Baekhyun kept his eyes on the piano as the cashier talked about dilvery and such. Baekhyun nodded and put his card back into his wallet as he smiled at the piano. He looked over at his friends who were busy discussing about which violin was better. Baekhyun smiled before walking out of the store and into the chilly atmosphere. He tucked his chin into his sweater as he walked away.

 

 

"Woah! Baekhyun you're good at this!"

Baekhyun smiled and continued pressing the keys, making the melody the sheets asked for.

"I can never do that."

As Baekhyun finished he turned to look at the figure beside him. 

"Do you want to try?"

The figure shook his head as he draped his arm over Baekhyun's.

"I'd rather stick to the guitar. It suits me better."

Baekhyun giggled and nodded.

"That's true. Oh, will you come see me at the concert?"

"Of course Baekkie! You know I never miss concerts with you in them. You always manage to surprise me!"

Baekhyun grinned as he punched the figure's chest.

"There's gonna be another person playing the piano. But I get to play the master one~"

The figure laughed as he pinched Baekhyun's nose.

"You always do."

 

 

Baekhyun smiled as he sang and played the piano. His voice mixing in with the beautiful melody the piano gave. His voice trailed off at the end when he couldn't figure out what to say. His fingers stopped pressing keys as he put them between his legs. He puffed out his cheeks again as he leaned in with his legs out. He straightened his back and closed the lid. He got up and ruffled his black hair. He stretched before walking over to his t.v. He sat on he couch and turned it on, immediately skiping some shows that seemed boring. He did stop on one that made his eyes widened.

"What have you been working on lately?"

"Well, here in Seoul I've been taking care of someone and coming up with many scripts."

"Someone? Who's that someone? A girlfriend maybe?"

The interviewer looked at the writer who laughed shyly before shaking his head.

"No, I'm forever single."

The interviewer laughed before starting up a new conversation. Baekhyun dropped the remote, eyes widening even more.

"Yi Fan."

 

"Oh Baekkie, that's my cousin Yi Fan. He's from Canada."

"What is he doing here?"

"Are you jealous,haha. Well he's obviously concered about me almost dying, ahaha"

Baekhyun looked at the figure with concern. How could he laugh at this type of matter?

"Relax Baekhyun, at least I'm still alive."

 

Baekhyun ran as if his life depended on it. He remembers grabbing a sweater and running out of his house. He was running until he fell on someone. He got up and apologized, running again. The cold air was hitting his face. His legs were geting tired and his breathing was getting heavy. He coughed and coughed when he stopped by an apartment. He hasn't ran this much since he was in school. He was about to start running again when a car appeared in front of him. It scared the living crap out Baekhyun as he caught his breath. He walked around the car and continued to run. He knew where Yi Fan lived whenever the other was in Seoul. He continued running and running, letting the cold air slap all visible skin. He should of thought of wearing skinnies instead of shorts. Although his lungs were burning and his legs were aching he continued to run. He stopped to take in the cold air and noticed he was very close to the apartment. One more block, Baekhyun thought as he began jogging. Both his throat and lungs burned oh so badly. He jogged until he noticed the same apartment building he would go to. He slowly walked to the door and knocked on it. In two knocks the door opened and out came the person he ran for.

"Baekhyun.."

"Where is he?"

"Come inside."

 

"Hey Baek! Came to see me again?" The figure grinned as the shorter walked inside.

"Of course! How could I not?" Baekhyun took off his shoes and set the bags on the kitchen counter before walking over to his friend.

"Whatcha doin'?"

"Eh, texting my sister. Telling her how boring it was at the hospital and how boring it is here. Yi Fan's so lame."

"I thought you said that Yi Fan was cool."

"He is but only when he plays basketball, sings, dresses, acts, and when he writes. His life style is so boring though."

Baekhyun chuckled before laying next to his friend. The two hugged each other before smiling.

"I'm so glad you're okay."

"Hah, me too! This way you won't be so sad and worried like you were when you found out that I nearly died."

"Why are you so carefree?"

"Why are you so serious?"

 

"I need to see him. I need to. Yi Fan take me there please."

Yi Fan sighed before nodding, grabbing his keys as he made is way out of the apartment with Baekhyun following behind. The two got in the vehicle and buckled up before the car turned to life. Baekhyun tried to calm down his racing heart as the car started to move. The car was going into a road Baekhyun knew so much. Of course he would know it, he's been in the same car ten times going to the same place ten times. 

 

Baekhyun slapped the figure's thigh in anger.

"Ow! Baek what the hell!?"

"Why are you so dumb?! How could you do that! You're not some superhero!"

The figure kept his lips in a straight line as he stared at Baekhyun's face. There was fire in his eyes as he stared back at the figure. 

"I did it because she needed help. You don't walk away from a girl getting beat up. That's not right. She could've died! I did the right thing Baekhyun! I saved her!"

"Still! What if you died?!"

"Then I would've died doing the right thing! I don't regret doing what I did."

Baekhyun stared at the figure before letting his tears fall.

"Baekhyun..."

Baekhyun dropped his bag and hugged the other dearly.

"I wouldn't stand losing you."

 

 

Baekhyun stared at the body he knew for years. But this time it wasn't like any other time. This time, the body was halfway filled with bandages. Baekhyun choked on a sob as he walked towards it. His body shook as he touched an exposed hand. It was very pale, almost white. He interwinded his fingers with it and touched the exposed hair. 

"W-what happened?"

"He...he got into an accident."

Baekhyun tightened his grip on the hand as Yi Fan spoke.

"He's in a coma."

Baekhyun's eyes widened, hand tightening and tears making their way down his face. He shook his head and sobbed.

"For how long?"

"It's been a year."

Baekhyun let go of the hand and walked over to the older, pushing him straight to the wall. Anger written all over his face.

"Why didn't you tell me!?"

"It's complicated, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun let out a frustrated cry as he slapped the writer across the face. 

"You don't keep this stuff away from me! I've been with him for ten years!"

Yi Fan stayed quiet as Baekhyun yelled at him. He wasn't really sure what to do so he wrapped his arms around the shorter and pulled him into a hug. Baekhyun wriggled around as he tried getting away but ended up collapsing in the taller's arms. 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun collapsed on the ground as his body trembled and his tears streamed down his eyes. He was looking straight at the body that continued to stay still. He shook his head and repeated "no" like a mantra. Yi Fan got down on his knees and tried to calm the younger down but Baekhyun screamed. He couldn't believe what was going on. Why, why now?! Baekhyun's whole mind went blank and his hearing was gone. He stared at the body as he started to feel dizzy and weak. He held out his hand and connected them with the pale one, it one more time before he passed out. 

 

 

You recieved a message from Writer

Baekhyun looked at his phone, confused. Why would he be texting me? Baekhyun opened the message and smiled.

bruh, it's meeee. I'm off the plane right nao :D Used Yi fan's phoen bc like, why not? lol

Baekhyun laughed a little before replying.

Have fun dude, enjoy life over there. I miss you already though ):

Cheese lol I miss you too ;) I promise I'll be back. I love you <3

I love you too...

 

 

Baekhyun cried himself to sleep for the fifth time. He was remembering what had happened a three years ago. He didn't have the courage to meet with Yi Fan either. It was just him in his empty house. He didn't bother eating and he still doesn't know why he isn't dead yet. Baekhyun woke up on the 19th, realizing he slept for two days. He got up and walked towards his bathroom. He looked at the mirrow and observed his face. His eyes weren't as bright, his hair was long his skin was basically white and his cheek bones popped out more than ever. He splashed water onto his face and dried it, making some color appear on it. He combed his messy hair in a direction where it covered his eyes. He brushed his teeth and walked back to his room. He sat on his bed, patting the cushions before getting up again and pulling out an outfit from his closet. He adjusted his robe like sweater and padded his skinnies. He put on some clean socks and slipped in a pair of grey vans. Baekhyun walked over to his counter and looked for the eyeliner. He applied the wet liquid around his eyes before batting his eyelashes and setting down the makeup product. He grabbed his wallet and phone, putting them in his pockets. Baekhyun strided out of his big house and onto the chilly city. He dug his hands into his robe-sweater's pockets, seeking warmth. Baekhyun walked onto the clean pavement, noticing some white fluffly snow on the sides. He continued walking until he stopped by the music department. Baekhyun walked inside, looking around the huge place and noticing that there were more pianos than before. Baekhyun looked to his right, capturing every single microphone before walking up some stairs. The small figure stopped when he realized where he was going. There was no turning back now as he stepped inside the room. Baekhyun's eyes wandered around the room, naming each type of guitar and what they were made of. Of course he would know, he's worked with a guitarist for ten years. Baekhyun touched one that had a snowflake on it with little lines swirled around it. He named the guitar and touched a few strings before a shadow covered him.

"You seem to know your guitars. You must like them as much as I do!"

Baekhyun looked up and his eyes widened. He stared at the other as he tried to find the right words. 

"Are you okay? Is something wrong?"

Baekhyun shook his head quickly before getting up hastily, almost knocking down the guitar.

"S-sorry. I like guitars but I don't play them. I'm a pianoist."

The stranger smiled a familiar smile before sitting next to Baekhyun.

"I know. You're one of the best pianoist known for here in Seoul."

"W-what?"

"Well, you are Byun Baekhyun, right?" 

"How do you know my name?"

"I've studied your pieces. Played some of them with my guitars."

"Really?" Baekhyun stared at the other who nodded, adjusting his glasses as he smiled at Baekhyun. The shorter started to blush and his stomach felt all queasy. Only one person made him feel this way.

"What's your name by the way?"

"Oh! Heh, sorry about that hehe. I'm Park Chanyeol."