Chapter 1

Fortune.

 

One Day Before

 

*Creeeaaak* as Kiseop opened the door to AJ’s room. They were close members of U-KISS but recently they grew apart. “A-AJ?”

A tall brunette man glared at Kiseop as he walked in. “Ca-can we t-talk?” Kiseop stuttered.

”What is it now, I told you I am in love with Eli and we will never be together. It is hella awkward when you stare at me from a distance when I eat, or do anything. It is like you are clinging to me. You are annoying!” AJ exclaimed.

Kiseop froze on the spot. He was speechless. AJ was right. He is becoming clingy. KIseop found out about his feelings for AJ one week ago, and he decided to confess that morning. Kiseop loved AJ, but AJ will never love him back.

”Can’t you just listen!” Kiseop yelled. “How the hell can I stop my feelings for someone? How can you be so stubborn and not listen to me? Look. I love you Jaeseop. I know you and Eli have been together for nearly a year now, of course I know. But would he be there for you if something happened to you? Does he really care for you?”

”SHUT UP! What the hell are you trying to say? Eli and I are madly in love. How dare you say something like that? Get out..now.” AJ’s voice became a deadly whisper. Now..Now..Now.. AJ’s words seemed to echo in Kiseop’s mind.

His heart throbbed in pain. The person he loved yelled at him. His heart shattered. AJ’s face darkened in regret. He had just crushed his friend’s little heart that was always so fragile. Kiseop ran out and slammed the door and started crying until he was at the point of hiccupping. He locked himself inside his room that he shared with Kevin. In a matter of time he heard Kevin, Soohyun and Hoon’s voice calling for him, begging him to open the door so they could come in. He just hid under his covers and cried more.

He didn’t know how long had passed. Maybe one hour, maybe two. Kevin somehow got the keys from the manager and unlocked the door, finding Kiseop still crying, but they turned into light sobs. Kiseop tensed at the sound of the door opening, and Kevin rushed inside and pulled the covers off Kiseop, even though he was quite strong at holding on to it. Pillows were on the floor, one at each corner, the bed was messy, and Kiseop looked like he has been tousling and turning so much, that 

”Are you calm now, Seoppie? I am here, I am here. Kevin is here.” He whispered into Kiseop’s ear. He gave a slight nod and finally looked at Kevin. “I think I know what happened, it must hurt eh?” he continued.

Kiseop slightly nodded again. “I-I am dying inside Kevin. How can I live like this?” Kiseop cried. “I have never felt this much pain Kevin, never!"

Kiseop was usually the outrageous kid in U-KISS, but today he looked the most hurt. “I know Seoppie, I have been through this with Eli as well. That’s why Elvin ended. You know, love hurts. I still have scars from love on my heart that have not fully healed. It hurts to see you sad Hyung, it really does.”

Kiseop didn’t know how to reply. He just slightly nodded, again. “It is like poison, Kevin. It is like I am chugging a whole bottle of poison, coming close to death, recovered then did it again.”

”I know, it is the meaning of love.” Kevin started to tear up. “Here..tell me what happened exactly. If you feel more hurt from saying it, then I will eventually find out. Oh, wait..give me 2 
seconds.” As Kevin ran to his side of the room and pulled out a gigantic lollipop. It was Kiseop’s favourite, Rainbow Swirl . Kevin then sat next to Kiseop, waving the lollipop in front of his face slowly from side to side.

”I know you want it..Your eyes can’t stop following it.” Kevin giggled. Kiseop smiled and got the lollipop. He peeled off the plastic and started it, not forgetting to put in the rubbish bin that was close by. “That’s the Kiseop we know.”

He started on the lollipop, then thanked Kevin. Kiseop told him everything. All Kevin did was mumble some “Mmhm”s and nodded.

”I know you like your room a lot right now, and that you don’t want to leave it. Starting today, manager told us that it was break week. Go home to your family and cheer up. Go talk to your mum about it, or at least have fun with your siblings.” Kevin advised. Kiseop agreed and packed his travel bag.

Once he was at the door, everyone questioned him. AJ stood in the corner glaring at him. Eli was already gone from morning, and that was a good thing to happen, considering the fact that Eli has a very high temper. “How dare you say something like that?” He yelled out, and everybody turned their heads towards AJ. “Quit the act and then we could be friends. Quit the annoying act.”

”OY! You need to shut up right now. Do you realise how much you hurt him, AJ? Do you?” Soohyun exclaimed.

”He is dreaming too hard. Eli and I are inseparable, don’t you dare think of me losing him!” AJ yelled out. By the time he had finished his sentence, Kiseop was already running down the stairs to catch a taxi.

In the taxi, Kiseop checked his phone and saw this:

 
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

12:04 Soohyun:

Yeah Kev told me you are gone. Get some rest OK? We have a big week next week. If you need anything just call me, I will be with my family also.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

12:05 Kevin:

Hyung have fun. Get your mind off the situation. I hope you like the Rainbow Swirl Lollipop!

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

12:05 Jaeseop

Good. Don't come back until next week. I don't even want to see your face anymore.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Tears were starting to form, but Kiseop managed to hold them back. How the hell could a man he love act like that? How could the man he loved be so heartless.

Kiseop arrived at his house and acted all normal and happy. He was greeted by his sister, and mum. Even though he was slowly dying inside, boy was he really good at acting. They don't have a clue at all. Not one clue. But Kiseop still loved AJ...with all his heart.