Kiddie Kookie

Magnae made a Wish

A.N: Before anything else, i would like to say that I am typing this on the fly so I'm not sure how it's going to turn out. I was reading Taekook fics and boom! I have to make one as well! so yeah, really this will be random and weird bc i am like that. Hope you'll enjoy anyway.

 

--

 

       Jungkook wasn't bothered by the fact that he was the magnae in BTS. Most of the times, he actually took pride in it. He earned the title of being the golden magnae and he knew for a fact that he had a lot of fans. He really didn't have much complaints about his hyungs either. Sure, they were crazy sometimes but he's gotten used to it by now. What bothered him or rather irked him though was how protective they were of him.

 

Just like when they were watching a movie and a bed scene would suddenly appear.

 

Jin, being the mother of BTS that he was, would scream and pause the movie. "Yah! Protect the kids!"

Jungkook-along with Taehyung and Jimin- would find their faces covered with pillows the next minute. The three would grumble about being old enough but the hyungs weren't having it.

 

"I don't know why you're covering Jimin's eyes as well. Kid probably knows as much as we do." Yoongi snickered.

Namjoon smirked. "Yoongi hyung made sure of that, didn't he?"

Jimin curls up smaller, leaning against Taehyung. "Tae, make them stop."

 

    Taehyung tried to make Namjoon stop by attempting to kick the leader's leg. Unfortunately, he just ended up kicking the popcorn bowl thus ending movie night. Though, Namjoon wasn't easily appeased.

 

"I placed so much damn butter on that batch!" The leader wailed.

 

       At times like this, Jungkook applied the saying "misery loves company". He was being babied but at least, Jimin and Taehyung were being treated like kids too. Until the adult ceremony last year. Jungkook swore that Jimin grew actual horns that day. The bagel boy would keep teasing Kookie, asking him if he wants wine then saying 'oops, no can do. You're still illegal.' Jungkook had half of his mind made up to punch this hyung. 

 

"Kookie, why do adults drink wine? It doesn't even taste that good." Jungkook turned around to face his other recently turned adult hyung.

Jungkook looked at the wine glass which was still full. "Uhm, maybe you're just not used to the taste?"

Taehyung sighed, handing Jimin his glass as well. "Maybe. I probably won't get used to the taste anyway."

 

       The two of them are quiet after that, watching Namjoon and Jimin take pictures of themselves. Jungkook glanced at his side discreetly, wondering if Taehyung was going to change now that he was an adult. His heart felt heavy at the thought. He liked-loved, really- the fact that his favorite hyung never treated him like a baby. Okay maybe he did but that was only playfully. Honestly, Taehyung was probably more innocent than Jungkook anyway. The magnae felt that Taehyung was the one who should be protected from all the evils of the world, not him..

 

"Hyung, don't change." Jungkook suddenly whispered. "Please?"

Taehyung raised an eyebrow, looking at the magnae. "Why would I change...?"

Jungkook sighed. How was he going to explain this? "Uh, just don't?"

The vocal squinted his eyes, trying to figure out what Jungkook had meant before shrugging. "Whatever." He glanced at Jimin who was chasing after Namjoon. "Want to ditch them and play Tekken? They're boring."

--

         Now, they're in the midst of promoting 'Danger' and Jungkook loved the fact that he was getting so many comments about becoming manlier. He was absolutely glowing while reading the comments. Maybe this will make the hyungs change their mind!

 

         Jungkook jumped when he heard a bang coming from their living room and quickly went out to check on what it was. He was greeted by the sight of his hyungs-yes, every single one of them- dressed for the night. The magnae checked their clock, brows furrowing when he saw that it was almost midnight. They didn't have a schedule this late. 

 

"Uh, where are you guys going?" Jungkook asked.

Jin pointed at Yoongi who was smiling sheepishly while clinging to Jimin. "Yoongi had an idea."

Hoseok started picking up the shards of the mirror on the floor. "Jin hyung, did you really have to drop the mirror?" He sighed.

Jin pouted. "My eyeliner wasn't applied right!"

Jungkook ignored them and turned to Taehyung. "You're going too?"

Taehyung smiled apologetically, fiddling with his sequined top. "Sorry."

Jimin pushed Yoongi away gently much to the older's dismay before going to Jungkook. "It's just a quick fun at the club. We'll be back before manager hyung even notices we're gone."

The magnae's eyes widened. "Hyung doesn't know?! Yah!"

Namjoon peeked out the window. "He doesn't have to know. We'll drop by the club, dance with some girls, drink a few shots then be back home."

Jungkook chewed on his bottom lip. "You guys are going to be in such trouble... Hold on! What about me? Giive me a few minutes and I'll be done changing!"

 The magnae turned to head to his room, only to be stopped by Jin. 

"Sorry, Kookie. We can't bring you with us. You're too  young." Jin patted his head.

"What? It's just a few drinks." Jungkook whined.

Namjoon came over and ruffled his hair.  "We know, kiddo. But you're the golden magnae. If people saw you in a club, they'll know you're underage. We can't have you losing your innocence too."

Yoongi nodded, a sly smirk on his face. "You'd be surprised at what goes down in a club, magnae."

 

         And that was how Jungkook found himself alone at the dorms at 2 in the morning. Quick fun, huh. Jungkook mentally scoffed. He didn't even know why he was waiting up for them. He's actually still pissed at them: first, for not telling him that they were going clubbing and second, not allowing him to come with them. He groaned, getting up and headed to the room where they kept the fans' gifts. Maybe something here will cool down his anger. 

 

          He plopped down on the floor, picking out gifts that were for him. He smiled when he saw that a fan had given taehyung another lion stuffed toy. The older had a lot already but Kookie knew that any addition to the collection is always welcomed. Jungkook hugged the lion close to him. Was Taehyung okay? He knew that among the others, his favorite hyung would be the most uncomfortable in a club. Ughhh, why did he even come with them? 

 

       Jungkook kept drigging through his pile, reading the fan letters and taking some things when he found a medium size box among the pile. It had a cute card outside:

 

To Kookie oppa,

This lamp can grant you anything.

I hope it gives you happiness~ 

Saranghae~ <3

 

         Kookie opened the box, staring at the lamp. It did look a lot like the one in Aladdin. Maybe it will grant him a wish..? He laughed at his own stupidity. Genies weren't real. 

 

"WE ARE HOOOOME!" Namjoon''s voice announced rather loudly.

 

     Jungkook quickly ran out to greet his hyungs,nose scrunching as the stench of alcohol reached it. Namjoon was nearly face planted on their couch while the rest weren't that much better. Taehyung was curled up into a ball by their entrance, face a shade of drunken red. The magnae sighed. Their manager was surely going to know they went clubbing. He was thinking whether to just leave them to sleep in the living room when he heard Yoongi laughing drunkenly.

 

"What's that you got, Kookie? Is that Aladdin's lamp?" Yoongi called out.

Jungkook looked at his hand. He hadn't realized that he was still holding onto it.  "Uh.. I guess?  A fan gave it to me."

Jimin started laughing. "Aww, our Kookie still believes in genies. Whatcha gonna wish for? A castle? An elephant monkey?"

Jungkook frowned. Maybe he should throw the lamp at Jimin instead.

"Whoever is laughing should shut the hell up. My headache is killing me!"  Jin exclaimed suddenly, making everyone else jump. 

 

         Jungkook sighed again, wondering how the hell he got stuck with hyungs like this. Hoseok was trying- and apparently failing- to seduce their plant and Namjoon was rapping to the window in English while Jin kept shouting at him to shut the up. Heaving another sigh, he began the task of pulling the hyungs to their room. Instead of being compliant though, the hyungs kept muttering something about them being able to handle it. 

 

"Go to bed, Kookie. We'll manage. You still need sleep to grow."  Jin sighed, rubbing at his temples. " this headache."

Jungkook scoffed. "Hyung, you can't even get up. Just let me help you."

Namjoon suddenly shouted. :"Listen to your hyung, Jeon Jungkook. Just go to bed."

 

        Suddenly feeling pissed and hurt, Jungkook followed the order. Let them handle their own miseries. Jungkook walked in the room, slamming the door while feeling pleased at the groans from the living room. He threw the lamp across the bed, screaming out his frustration. It took him a while but eventually, he calmed down. Crawling on his bed, he grabbed the lamp and started rubbing it just like Aladdin did. 

 

"I wish my hyungs would start caring about me less. Stop babying me all the time."

 

           Jungkook waited for something to happen but of course nothing did. He sighed, placing the lamp on his bedside table. Maybe Jimin was right. Sighing again, the magnae pulled the covers over him before falling asleep. He didn't know how things will start to change.