The Beginning

Between Walkers

 

Taehyung,Jimin and I went to the same high school. After my parents died in a car accident, I was sick and couldn't do anything. They and Jungkook took care of me. Then they suggested to live in their house with others. I was mistrustful at first but then I thought it'd be better between people to overcome this feeling. First I learned Jin to know. He was a guy who likes cooking, like me. Of course we understood each other perfectly. Yoongi and Namjoon were on a trip and as they came back they brought me a surprise, even though they didn't know me, and I had a positive opinion about them. Sometimes it's so relaxing to chill with Yoongi, he can be veeery lazy. Hoseok is a very bright person, he never ever fails to make me smile and give me positive energy in hard times. I really love these guys. Im glad I moved in this house.

 

We lived together for two years now. Then things started to seem weird. A creepy guy followed me to the house.  "What the- hey! Stop following me!" I shouted to the person who was two meters away from me. His clothes were dirty and he had scars on his face. " Can't you hear?!" but he didn't stop. I started to run faster to our house.

 

"Jin! Jin!!" knocking hard on the door I shouted for Jin. The guy came closer and closer and his creepy look gave me chills. " C'mon open the door!!" I continued knocking. A sleepy Jin opened the door "Why are you so nois-ahh" I pushed him away and closed the door behind me. I tried to control my breath. "That guy followed me from the shop till here.. and on the way I saw some also strange people.. what's going on? " I asked but Jin didn't know either.

He sat back in front of the TV and watched it. " Ya, Sooyoung-ah, look at this" his voice rung nervous. I went over him and stand there with my hand covering my mouth.  The news showed places where also these "strange" people were and that some unidentified virus is spread in the whole world. " What is this?"  I had to sit down.  I looked at Jin, who was focused on the news. He looked so pale and afraid. I listened to the unbelievable words the woman said. I heard someone open the door. "Jungkook-ah, did you just wake up?" I asked my little brother. "Uh" is all what he said. He sat down next to us, feeling dizzy. "Is there something interesting?" we didn't answer.

"Jimin? Are Taehyung and Namjoon with you?" I phoned them because I was really worried. "Yes, we're on our way home" he answered. "Thanks god... Hello??" I heard him screaming " Jimin!!! Jimin answer me!" my heart started to beat faster.

I screamed into the phone and Jungkook and Jin looked back to me worried. "Is everything okey?" they asked. Seconds passed by and nobody answered the phone. I heard screams, auto beeping and that something exploded.  I continued calling for Jimin but nothing. I looked at the screen, it has been 5 minutes I called him... and the clock went on. Hearing the screams and not knowing what happened to them, tears started to flow down my cheeks. "Noona, what's wrong?" Jungkook stood up and came to me, but I couldn't answer. I handed the phone over to him. His eyes widened and I tried to control my tears."Hyung?" he tried too. "Hyung?!! Are you there?" but no answer for another two minutes. It got us really worried and down.

 

 

 

The phone disconnected itself.

 

 

 

I looked at the screen with teary eyes and had thousand thoughts. I put it down the table and I had to sit down. I pulled my legs up and started to cry. I felt Jungkook's gently caressing my back. Jin watched worriedly and listened to the news. " Ya, they said that there is a safe place near to us. We just have to go on the third street from here and ride that rode till we get there. It's a factory beside the road." I heard him saying and bumped my head up. " We have to go there. We can't stay here!" I got up to pack a little bag with clothes from us and some food. I told the others to get ready. At the doorstep I looked into Jungkook's eyes " We'll get there safe, uh? Don't ever go away from us!" and he nodded. Jin ran out to bring the car. Burned and bloody smell went up my nose. It was disgusting. I held my brother's hand tight and waited for Jin. The car seemed not to work. Jin tried for the third time and then finally it worked. He quickly rode in front of us and I got into the front but first I pushed my brother on the backseat and connected his belt.

 

" Go! " I told Jin after I closed my door. He turned and drove up the street. It looked really war-torn and scary. The windows of some buildings were knocked out and someone literally jumped out of there. I hold my breath. Jin drove further and we saw burned out cars which were still beeping and lightning. Jin had to dodge those cars, because they stood exactly in the middle of the street or at the sides. Papers flew in the air without any destination. There were people... infected people. My heart started to beat faster again. It was really scary how people ran for their life and if they didn't make it, they got bit and died. Most horrific view was as the infected thing bit and ate the other person, and it's fearful screams for help.... I felt like I was in a horror movie. "Hyung go faster !" Jungkook's voice rung scared. I put my hand back and hold his. We were one street away from the street we needed. Right in front of us a building exploded. I screamed. Bricks and things flew out and the ash got the air dark.  It was burning and everywhere was smoke and dead people. Jin had to drive back and go on another way. People's scream filled my head.

 

I hold Jungkook's hand very tight and I could almost hear his heartbeat... or was it mine? Jin drove past lonely and burning cars and people who hold their family members in their hands.. it was a heartbreaking view. All I could think about was, where are my friends? Why can't I phone them? Are they safe? Are they even alive? Those questions ran through my head. Jin drove faster and finally we arrived at the third street. I looked back, and it was horrifying. " Aiishh" Jin said while punching the car steering. As I looked back at the front I couldn't believe. The street which was never full with cars, where we always could pass the traffic jam, seemed now the only way every people took. Everybody was beeping and trying to pass the other.  We had no other choice just to wait and drive slowly behind the cars. It was a one way road so it was difficult to drive past the others. 10 minutes passed by and we were out of the city, the street was in fact a road to another city. So if you drive on this road, it takes 2 hours to get to another city and meanwhile were no buildings just bare fields.  We drove and drove and the sounds got quieter.

 

Jin was focusing at driving and I looked out of the window and thought about how we can survive this. At least there wasn’t a big traffic jam anymore, we went faster. I looked in the car in front of us. It looked like the two people, a married couple I guess, were fighting and arguing. The woman seemed very stressed and somehow in pain. It looked like the woman tries to punch her husband but it was weird. Suddenly the woman took action and jumped on the man. "Holy " escaped my mouth and Jin was shocked too. The woman was infected and she just bit and ate her husband. The car stopped immediately before Jin could react we bumped into them.  Jin and I bumped our heads into the things in front of us. Then I heard another crash but I can't remember anything, I probably had a black-out.

 

It started to rain heavily as I woke up from my unconsciousness. Both ears of mine was loudly peeping and I could only hear my heartbeat.  The windshield wiper was on but I still couldn't see anything because of the steam and rain. My sight was also blurry and I could barely move myself. I looked at Jin, who was still unconscious, and his head was covered in blood. I felt my heart beating faster. I turned myself in pain and looked at the back. He wasn't there.

 

 

 

Jungkook wasn't there!

 

 

 

"Jungkook- Jungkook-ah" I whispered but got no answer. I looked down, maybe he was laying on the ground. But he wasn't. He wasn't in the car! My body started to tremble. But the doors were closed, he may thought we were dead and he left us. "Oh god my baby... my baby is outside somewhere... and I'm not with him" I started to cry. I looked at the back of our car, the windows were scratched and almost broke. Cars which were behind us bumped into us too and so we caused a big accident. The peeping in my ear started to get quieter and I heard the rain... heavily dropping on our car. I also heard sirens from cars but didn't see anything. I wiped the steam of off my side window to see something. I was scared. I hoped I have a bad dream, but everything seemed so real.  I saw something blurry outside, it looked like a person. Well I didn't know either I should knock on the window or not.

 

Suddenly a thing popped up at my window and started to scratch on it. His flesh was all rotten and black blood was coming out of his mouth. I jumped back and kicked the window but the thing didn't go back. I was there.. lying in Jin's lap, crying my eyes out and some infected people were hitting our car. I was really scared. The steam outside and the rain made it more scary. I sat up and stared at Jin. My breath was really loud, and I started to slap Jin's face. I shook him, slapped him, even pinched him.... he then slowly opened his eyes. "Jin? Jin!" I gently slapped his cheeks again and looked into his eyes. He must have seen everything blurry as I did. "Jin, it's me, Sooyoung" he looked at me but it seemed he didn’t understand. Blood was leaking out of the corner of his mouth. "Jin, do you understand me?!" I tapped his chest but he seemed not to understand. He turned his head to the right and now looked at me with a creepy scary face. He breathed and then he almost fall onto me. I screamed and pushed him away. Blood was all over my hands. His blood. He bumped back to his seat, then he hold tight onto his left leg.

 

"I- I-" he tried to speak, which seemed he was only breathing and mumbling.  I looked down his leg and there was a deep scar on it.  "Jin, do you understand what I'm saying?" I continued asking him.  A single tear rolled down his bloody cheek.. I tapped his shoulders and shook him gently. "Y-yeah" he said very quiet so I almost didn't hear it. He's alive and I was relieved. "I- I h-h-hurt my leg" he tried to speak, his breath was quiet and full with pain. I opened the car drawers and searched for Band-Aids or anything. Of course Jin had a first-aid box under the seats. I remembered it and went down to pull it out. I opened it but it was a full mess. I could barely read the letters, but I tried my best. A little bottle way dark blue and it said hydrogen-peroxide, I guess. To prove it, I opened it and smelled into it. "Ughh" it was what  I was searching for. I went closer to his leg and pulled it in the direction of me. He whimpered and trembled because of pain. I grabbed the scissor and cut his jeans around the wound out, then put disinfectant onto a cotton pad. He almost screamed in pain as I pushed the pad against his wound. "I know it burns, put it can't get infected!" I cleaned the wound then it got clearer.

 

Infected people were still knocking and scratching on the windows and I had panic they'd break in. The smell of rotten flesh got into the car. I could barely breathe. The rain stopped to fall but it was still steamy outside. I looked back at his wound and it looked like it has to be sewed together. I looked up to Jin, who was sitting there with his eyes closed in pain. I searched for a needle and thread... then before I sew it I asked Jin if it was okey. "Just do it" he said. He knew if it stays like that, it'll get infected.  I put the needle to his flesh but my hand trembled. I was really nervous not just because I have to sew his half thigh together but because about 5 infected people were now at our car. I started to put the needle through his flesh and he grabbed the seat in pain. "I'm sorry" I said but I had to do it. After minutes I finished it and I was proud at myself. I sat back at my seat and sighed.

 

I heard something bumped onto Jin's window. It was a head .... smashed. My mouth widened and I couldn't breathe. After a few seconds, another attack was heard, this time it was at the back. I was too scared to look back so my eyes were focused on the front. My breathing started to be faster again as I looked at Jin. He was looking for any ways we could get out of this. "Ahhh!!" I screamed. I looked to my right and my window was full with rotten and dark blood. I hold onto my ears and closed my eyes. Tears followed down my cheek. After two or three more attacks my door opened. I immediately opened my eyes and went farther back because I was scared. It was still steamy outside, and a hand reached for me. I kicked it away while screaming but then I heard a familiar sound.

 

------------------------------------------------

Hello lovely readers. I'm really thankful that you read the story. There aren't many BTS horror fics, so I decided to write one :D Since I love zombies, of course it'll be with zombies lol. There will be some more part of course, so if you don't want to miss it, subscribe ^^ ♥ ( I try my best to write long chapters, not like this one, but school starts tomorrow and I'll have barely time I guess.. maybe in the first weeks I'l finish the story and then update it time by time. I hope you understand ♥ )