The Best Day

That`s My Little Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honey-G - Fluttering Heart

“Ahri-ah, the food is ready!” Hweji hollered from the kitchen to the half-asleep Ahri sitting on the sofa after her long day at the kindergarten. Even if Hweji had taken her home earlier compared to before, she was still tired since she had been running around the whole day with the several other kids.

When Hweji didn`t receive a reply from her daughter she halted her hand movements as she was making a picnic basket for the three later. She let go of the fruits she was cutting neatly and stepped out of the kitchen to notice her daughter pouting towards the TV-screen.

“What`s wrong?” She walked over to the little one and bent down to her level. Her hair was made neatly, curls made to tip of her dark brown hair. Hweji gently placed her hand on the top of her head receiving the little ones attention. Her big curious brown eyes, which she had gotten from her mother, stared directly into hers.

“I miss appa” She softly squeaked out and Hweji`s lips curved just the slightest. She knew how much little Ahri was fond of her father. During the time her father had to stay at the company due to a new product launching, or had to go to a business trip; Ahri was the gloomiest.

From time to time Hweji had to admit she was a tad bit jealous of her husband, Park Chanyeol. Not only was he the CEO of the largest company in Seoul, he was also Ahri`s king. Whenever he came around Ahri would forget her mother with a blink of an eye. Chanyeol on the other hand liked how his wife would turn into a green little monster, but tried her best to hide the fact that she was jealous. It might sound silly to others how Hweji became envious of her daughter and her husband`s bond. Other wives or mothers would be thrilled so their husbands and the father of their baby doing so well with their child. But for Hweji it was a whole new story. She believed it was unfair towards her, since she was the one who carried little Ahri for 9 months, they should have a closer bond.

“I know” Hweji whispered lowly her hand slowly her long locks while giving her a small smile. Hweji might get jealous from time to time, but she couldn`t have been more thankful for her husband. Despite his tight schedule he always seemed to have time for his family. Which was why he had been able to grow in his daughter`s heart. From what she knew, she had heard several of her friends having a hard time with their husbands due to the fact that they always placed their work first and their family second. Hweji was blessed to have such great husband.

“Which is why we are meeting, appa today” Hweji`s smile widened as for Ahri`s eyes they turned rounder than ever.

“Really?” Hweji nodded seeing her cheekbones sticking out of her face due to the fact that her lips were stretched widely. “Then I need to eat quickly” Ahri dashed passed her mother and placed herself on her regular seat like an obedient kid. Hweji shook her head at how fast Ahri`s body was filled with energy just by the thought of meeting her father. Hweji followed the little one and placed a plate filled with her favorite food in front of her and continued her work.

While Hweji was cutting the fruit her phone rang and without even seeing the caller-id she was smiling brightly. It was all thanks to the fact that she had a customized ringtone just for her hubby. She quickly washed her hands and grabbed the violently vibrating phone from the kitchen counter and picked up.

“Honey!” She chirped hearing his dark yet comforting voice from the other end.

“Are you always this excited when I call?”

“Is it appa?” Ahri shouted in the background and Hweji nodded her head to the little one hearing her husband`s next question.

“Oh, Ahri is back from the kindergarten already?”

“Hmmm” Hweji hummed supporting the phone between her ear and her shoulder so she could continue to do her work. “I had to because of our date” Hweji mentioned making Chanyeol chuckle.

“I can`t wait to see her. I bet she has grown a lot during this last week” A frown appeared on Hweji`s face. They weren`t exactly newlyweds, but it was nice from time to time to hear from her husband that he missed her too. After Ahri came to this world all of his attention went to her and Hweji was left in the background.

“Don`t overdo it, Chanyeol. It has only been a week” Hweji pointed out with a small frown on her face and she could hear Chanyeol chuckle on the other side.

“Someone`s jealous” He coughed and Hweji heard every word. She rolled her eyes and changed the subject.

“Everything is basically ready for the date you better not be late or else-“

“Or else you`ll lock me out the house. I know, I know. You always say that” Hweji giggled and nodded her head satisfied at the fact that Chanyeol remembered.

“Good. See you soon” With a grin on her face she hung up and swung around to meet her daughter`s gaze. “Let`s get you ready!” Ahri cheered and jumped out of her chair.

--

“Are you ready to meet, appa?” Hweji held onto the little girl`s hand tightly with one of her hands, while holding onto the basket with the other. Both of them were looking ahead at the tall building where the father of Hweji`s child was supposed to walk out of. She looked down at the overjoyed Ahri. She wore her pink dress which she loved the most just because her father had bought it to her. With her dress she wore a pair of white stockings and pink ballerina shoes. She looked like a cute princess staring up at her mother through her now a bit too grown bangs.

She nodded her head violently as her bangs followed and Hweji had to admit she looked adorable. “Ahri-ah!” Their little moment was interrupted by the tall man standing by the exit doors with his smoking. He was squinting as his arms were held out wide so it would be easy to catch Ahri the moment she jumped in his arms.

“APPA!” She shouted back letting go of her mother`s hand and running up to her father. Just like planned she jumped in his embrace and his long arms tucked tightly around her small frame, as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Aigoo! Appa, has missed you so much” He pointed out with a grin on his face making Ahri pull out of the hug. .

“I`ve missed, appa too” Chanyeol stared back at Ahri with his doe eyes acting surprised.

“Really?” She nodded. “How much?” He playfully questioned. The little one stared in the air only to stretch her arms out wide with a smile on her face.

“This much” She tried showing with her arms and Chanyeol couldn`t help but chuckle.

“Hi to you too” Hweji finally approached the two thinking it was the appropriate time to interrupt their little moment. Chanyeol grinned changing Ahri`s position in his arms so he could look at his wife.

“Ah, I see you have the food ready” He was referring to the basket she was holding onto. She blinked and soon frowned thinking he was rather rude for not being happy to see her but the food she had made. “Let`s go, hm?” He pinched Ahri`s nose and walked past Hweji and straight to his car so he could place her in the back and buckle her up.

Hweji pouted adding a long sigh and walked behind the two and quietly got inside the car. Her hands were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter