O1 | It’s not all about you

My Brother-in-Law Key

[key]

“I want pink ribbons on the invitations.”

“But you said I could decide those!”

“Please, you don’t really want baby blue ribbons on the wedding invitations, do you?”

Sooyun slumped in her seat and folded her arms across her chest. She didn’t meet my eyes and glanced over to the right. Why was she acting like this? This was our wedding and we both should have equal input. So what if I wanted pink ribbons? Isn’t it just a small request a husband can make?

“Key,” She looked into my eyes, “Can’t we please have blue ribbons?”

Her lips pouted cutely and she clasped onto my hands. She had such endearing brown eyes and silky skin. I resisted the urge to squeeze her against me. In this moment, I remembered why I liked her so much. She was just so adorable.

But she wouldn’t win that easily.

“Aw how cute. But no.” I settled.

“Key! Is this only your wedding? How come you get to decide everything?” Sooyun frowned and looked away from me.

“Oh Sooyun, but you get to choose your dress.” I scooted closer to her on the couch and placed my arm around her shoulders.

Sooyun looked shocked. “Why are you making it seem like it’s a privilege for me to choose what my wedding dress would be? Do you wanna wear the dress?”

If only I could. But I am a man! How could I possibly wear a dress?

“I just want this to be a perfect wedding for us.” I refused to let her go even though she struggled in my grasp.

“Do you mean a perfect wedding for you?” Sooyun narrowed her eyes.

“Why are you being so unreasonable?” I removed my hands from her. I could get angry sometimes too.

Sooyun sighed. “You really don’t know?”

I shook my head. What was she on about? I have been completely reasonable with my requests and we have both gotten our say. She has chosen some things and so have I.

“You got to decide the venue, the time, the guest list, the decorations, my bouquet and even what height my heels have to be.” Sooyun smiled but she didn’t look quite happy, “I’ve let you decide all those things without even saying a word. But now it’s too much. I haven’t gotten a say throughout this whole process.”

I sat in silence for a few moments. “But I have good taste, don’t I?”

“Ugh Key. Why do you always have to be like this?” Sooyun pushed the wedding catalogue off her lap and walked (looked more like storming) away to the exit.

“Wait! Sooyun!” I rose off the couch and was going to begin my pursuit when I saw she was stopped.

“Oh hey there Sooyun!” Taemin smiled brightly without realising that he had prevented my fiancée from storming out of the room. He had come just at the right time. “Why do you look upset?”

She gave Taemin a small nod and avoided his gaze. “I’m alright.”

“You don’t look alright at all!” He patted her shoulder and steered her in the direction of where I was sitting.

How dare he touch her! MINE!

Even though I wanted to pull Taemin away from Sooyun I was thankful that he was bringing her back to me. Today is your lucky day, Lee Taemin. I won’t let you off next time.

“What did you do, hyung?” Taemin sat her down on the couch opposite me and seated himself next to her.

“What do you mean?” I huffed; annoyed that he was sitting with my Sooyun.

“Look how upset Sooyun is.” He gestured towards her with a disapproving look on his face. “All that has been on her mind for months is this wedding, what else could upset her?”

Sooyun gently shook Taemin’s hand off her shoulder and gave him a small smile. Thank heavens that she knows not to touch other guys. “Can you help us make decisions for the wedding, Taemin?”

“What!” I stood up. “Why are you employing him?”

“I’m asking him to help us so we don’t always have to fight, Key.” Sooyun shot a look at me.

“I would love to be!” Taemin announced happily.

I flinched and frowned. What was he doing here anyway?

“What are you doing here, Taemin?” I sauntered over to the two sitting on the couch opposite me and slotted myself between them. I eyed him expecting a very good answer.

“You called me, hyung.”

“I did not.”

“Yes you did. Check your phone logs.”

As I withdrew my phone from my pocket I wondered why I had called him if I did call him. With a few taps I saw that I had in fact called him. I gasped. “Why did I call you?”

“You told me to come help convince Sooyun that you’re right?” Taemin answered with slight uncertainty in his voice.

“But why are taking Sooyun’s side then?” I sneaked my arm around her waist and held her close. What if Taemin was here trying to steal Sooyun away from me? I could never be too sure.

“Because you shouldn’t upset girls.” Taemin wiggled his finger.

I sighed. Not again with this talk. What was this kid on about? Everyone had told me to make sure not to upset Sooyun because in many years to come I would suffer greatly. When I told them that Sooyun would be the one bearing the children and I wouldn’t be the one hurting, they all hit me. What violent people.

“Key, please, lets work this out together okay?” Sooyun seemed tired and almost sad. She outstretched her hand for me.

I looked between her face and her hand for a while before I took her hand in mine. “Okay Sooyun, I’ll try.”

“Oh this is the first step to a great marriage.” Taemin wiped a pretend tear off his cheek.

Why did Taemin have to be our mediator? Can’t we have Kyungmi?

Speaking of which, where has my BFF and her husband gone off to?

----

YES! First chapter up.

Hope you guys enjoy it. :D

♥JSMPKK - 04/10/11