One

Much Like The Impossible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 2011

"You look stupid"   

I frowned hearing my bestfriend's words but still i can't get my attention from my phone.

I kept seeing the chat room with the last message on 'August 30, 2011' which was two days before.

"He just texted me" i said with smile ear to ear.

"He replied yours"

"He said he is fine"

"You asked him how is he doing"

"He told me the work getting busy"

"You asked him why he still awake?"

I sighed with her stubborness. Can she just let me enjoy for a moment??  

"Byul, i said, you are stupid" as if i can't hear what she said earlier, she repeated again.  

"And as if i could never realized it by my own self, you have to remind me again?" i replied. As usual, we sat in one of our favourite corner in our regularly visited cafe every after offce hour. Not much we could enjoy. Just as per usual, me with my mint tea, and her with her espresso.  

"Sehun just texted me again..." she said.  

I nodded.  

"And you just rejected his call"  

"And?"  

"THIS GUY LOVES YOU GODDAMNIT WHY YOU CANNOT SEE???"  

I closed with my palm as she raised her voice. "Sshhh!!!"  

As she tried to control her breathing, she started to talk again, "You are single for the entire how many years, three? four? Come on, Starla, WAKE YOUR MIND UP!" 

I gaze her as the name she called me. "Don't you dare to call me that way anymore,"  

"What? Why? You are too coward to admit your loss, to admit you lost him already, you lost the battle. WAKE UP AND MOVE ON!"  

I can’t hold it anymore, this girl should just shut up and stay away from this business.

“Which battle? I’d never had any battle”  

“From a battle you are so scared to be lose to, the battle you are too coward to even start”  

And those words shut me instead.  

This Haerin is scary. She knows me so well. Too well i can’t even deny. 

***

My phone’s screen would never change since like in two hours i keep on seeing and checking on it. The notification keeps buzzing. But no one from who i’ve been expecting. Most of them are from work (of course) and from my friends’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter