The Unforgettable

The Unforgettable

Lee Donghae. Would you believe me if I tell you we once have dated? That he was my namja chingu?

That is... The story of 6 years ago. You both kept together for 3 years, start to quarrel during the 4th year.

It was not long after that when Hae moved to Seoul to be a trainee at SM. Yes you were happy for him, but you miss him.

It was snowing that day, and Hae said "joahaeyo" as he blushed and you both hugged.

That day when you both graduated was the day Hae confessed his love to you, you still remember it all.

You and Hae oppa are highschool sweethearts. Hae is that friendly cute guy at school, and you miss brainiac.

Mokpo..., not just a town but its your hometown, and its where you met your first love, Lee Donghae.

"Ugh.." You opened your eyes. That dream again. Donghae-yah... You smiled faintly. Then you looked out of the window, I’ve arrived, you thought.

The bus you were riding in has stopped. You quickly grabbed your belongings and got down.

It was quite a long ride from Mokpo to Seoul. You stretched your body. "Aaah~" you breathed in. Hm, the air is much better in Mokpo.

You checked your phone, staring at the screen that shows Naver Maps. “Okay, so… I need to go here, then here. Right,” you nodded, “I can do this. New job, new life, fighting!” you threw your fist in the air.

 

 

 

You were eating dinner alone at the place you rented when your phone rang. Its from your Mom.

Yeoboseyo?” you answered.

“Baby! Have you eaten your dinner yet?” your mom sounded worried. You smiled, hearing her voice is really comforting.

Eung, I’m eating it right now, eomma,” you munched.

“Ah, good, good. So, where are you right now? Everything’s alright?”

“Yes, eomma. I found this cheap flat, I’ll be staying here for awhile until I earn more money, I guess,” you scoffed. Yeah, like when will that ever happen.

Arasseo, okay baby, take care, don’t forget to call me tomorrow. I miss you already,” you can hear Mom choked up. I hope she’s not crying.

Eomma~ I miss you too. I’ll work hard so I can deliver you some money, eung?” you put in a spoonful of kimchi to stop yourself from tearing up. Then not long after that both of you decided to end the conversation and hang up. You sighed before you cleaned up and decided to go to bed. Long day tomorrow, you thought.

 

 

 

You were awaken by the sound of birds chirping. Wait, what time is it? You reached for your phone. But your phone’s screen remained dark, blank, dead. WHAT THE –

“Oh shoot! I forgot to charge it? SERIOUSLY?!” you almost screamed out of frustration, but then you remember there are neighbours. You found your wrist watch, seven thirty. Great, and work starts at eight. First day and I’m late? Not gonna let that happen!

You took a quick shower, put on some make up and dressed up. You now have fifteen minutes left until work starts. You stormed out in a hurry, quickly rode on a bus and you made it! No breakfast but its fine as long as I made it on time! You grinned, satisfied. Seven fifty eight. I’m the best. You tossed your long wavy hair aside, and start walking with full confident to the building where you work. In front of that building, there’s a big sign that read ‘SBS’.

 

 

“Hi there new kid,” a co-worker greeted you. She handed you a cup of coffee.

“Oh, hi. Thank you,” you bowed a little, showing your gratitude then introduced yourself.

“I know who you are,” she giggled, “I kinda peeked on your resume,” she admitted. “Um anyway, do you want to grab some lunch with me?” she offered.

“Oh, yes! I’d love to, wait, I’ll turn this thing off first,” you quickly shut down your computer, grab your purse, and follow her out to the cafeteria.

“So, how do you like your new job here at SBS?” she asked, you can tell she’s really curious.

“I love it here,” you shrugged, taking in a bite of sandwich.

“I’m glad to hear that! I love it here too,” she said while wiping her chopsticks with a wet tissue, “I actually just started working here a month ago,”

“Yeah?” you munched on your food. Trying to focus on her while enjoying your yummy sandwich. Whoa, I didn’t know sandwiches can actually taste this good!

“They taste great right?” she suddenly asked, as if she’s reading your mind. You almost chocked, but then she laughed. You laughed too, apologizing afterwards.

“Oh no, please, no need to apologize. Its their fault making them so delicious,” she pointed at the cafeteria ladies with her chin. You both giggled.

“So, you’re from Mokpo, right? I’m from Busan,” she said, “where do you stay?”

“Here? I rent a cheap flat not so far from here, fifteen minutes ride by bus,”

“Alone?”

“Yeah, alone,”

“I live alone too,” she sighed, “but maybe,” she looked at you, “you can move in with me!”

“What?” you’re all ears now.

“Yeah! A room for both of us, we can divide the rent price. Best part is, it’s just five minutes walk to the office!”

Maldo andwae! No way!” you grinned, “Can I move in next month, pleaseee?” you pleaded, “I paid the rent for this month already,” you pouted. She just chuckled lightly, nodding an approval.

Gowawo, Yujin-ah,” you thank your new friend.

 

 

 

It’s been a month working in Seoul, and you’re currently busy packing up your things, ready to move in with Yujin.

“Knock, knock,” you heard someone in front, you know it’s Yujin once you heard it.

“Yujin-ah! Come in!” you shouted, she came in grinning.

Annyeong~ Need help packing?” she offered.

“Nope, I’m done,” you smiled at her, handing her a bag, “but you can help me bring this,” both of you laughed. Then both of you exited, and finally for the first time, things are starting to work out well in your life. A great job, great friend, great place to stay in this great city! I hope my love life would turn out great too.

 

 

 

Its almost midnight, but you’re still having lots of fun with Yujin and other co-workers at a Korean restaurant. You’re all celebrating a great achievement on the latest project.

“Come on, drink up!” your boss offered, pouring you another glass of soju.

You peeked at Yujin who’s face is red, and is currently mumbling nonsense. You decided that after this one last shot you need to go home. So you drink up, then told your boss that you need to take Yujin home. He looked a little disappointed at first, but eventually gave up, knowing you’ll insisted on going home if he doesn’t let you.

“Oh, by the way,” he grabbed your wrist, “here,” he handed you an envelope.

You looked at the envelope, then him, confused. “I’ll be out of town tomorrow, so I’m assigning you for this. Tomorrow at 10 AM, please see this person,” he handed you a name card written Team One Sound, Peter.

“He’ll meet you at Islands Cafe, be sure to give him this envelope. I trust you,” he pat your shoulder. You nodded, beginning to understand. “Go back safely,” he said before drinking again.

 

 

 

 

You left Yujin a note, saying that you have something to do and you’ve made her breakfast. You checked your bag, making sure that you still have the envelope with you. Yup, it’s still there.

The breeze today is warm, summer is coming afterall. You called a cab, telling the driver to head straight to Islands Café. Around half an hour later you arrived at that place. The café is small, but cozy. When you entered you can immediately smell the coffee brewing, and there’s a sweet scent of cake too. You looked around, how the hell am I supposed to know which one is Peter? Is he a foreigner or is that a nickname?

You walked over to the counter. Looking at all the delicious baked goods displayed. You just ate breakfast, but then no harm on having a slice of cake right? You grinned. You then ordered a slice of cheesecake, a chocolate chip muffin and a cup of iced vanilla latte to complete it. You’re such a sweet tooth.

You sat near the counter, while you’re enjoying your food you kept looking behind to see if any man is coming. Its five past ten now, maybe he’s late? you thought. You were in the middle of pulling the paper out of your chocolate muffin when suddenly someone poked your shoulder.

You turned around, surprised. You saw a man, quite tall, good looking too. Oh my God, is he interested in me somehow? You blinked a few times.

“I’m Peter,” he smiled, showing a series of white teeth.

Omo! Hello, I didn’t know how you’d look like,” you bowed, “I was expecting someone more… blond,” you blurt out. He chuckled.

“Uh, anyway, here’s the envelope,” you quickly took out the envelope from your handbag and hand it over to him, as if the envelope is a life threat or something.

“Whoa, no need to rush, but thank you,” he pulled a chair, “you – don’t mind if I sit here right? I’m waiting for a friend,”

“Oh, no, no, not at all. Should I move somewhere?” you took your plates, ready to go.

“No! Of course not, please stay,” he said, eyes wide, “we want to talk to you about something, related to work of course. Anyway this friend of mine, he’s quite popular, I hope you won’t be too surprised when you see him later,”

“Oh, okay,” you just nodded, sipping your vanilla latte. I met so many celebrities at SBS and I don’t even care a bit.

“Ah, okay, good then, because he’s here already,” he stood up. You just nodded again, while Peter gave his friend a hug. Then you looked up, ready to greet his friend. But what you saw, was beyond surprising.