End

This is not yet Goodbye

Rain falls and they look at each other. The older takes his hand, but he quickly lets go. Fear plasters on his face, once the younger's soaking wet hands brushes his away.

"...I'm telling you, I can't be with you anymore," The younger tells him, tears flowing from his eyes like a river. "What part of it can't you understand? I'm sick of you! I'm sick of you following me around!" The younger yells to him. "You're like a lost puppy!"

The older looks at him with confused and scorned eyes. It hurts the younger deep inside to see him being like this. But he really knows that he's doing the right thing. "Is this what you really want or are you just ashamed of me? Tell me, Sehun!" Tears were now falling endlessly from the older's eyes.

"I'm not ashamed of you or ..." Luhan wraps his arms around him. This won't help anything Sehun planned to happen. "... Please, Luhan... I'm sorry but our relationship should end..."

"I know deep down there--" The older points to his pained chest-- "You don't want this relationship to be over. I know you, Sehun... Don't listen to everyone, whatever they think of us--remember, the thing you told me before--always follow what your heart tells you--"

Sehun pushes him away. "NO! Please, hyung. You're making this harder for me. Can't you see that I want you out of my life? Can't you understand that I can't love you anymore? I have someone else now... Are you always this..." Sehun couldn't say it, but it still came out of his mouth as a whisper, "selfish?"

Luhan shooks his head down and he forces a smile. "You think that I'm the one selfish? What about you? You don't think you're the selfish one?" He scoffs and looks at Sehun with swollen red eyes, straightly. "You're being selfish now." He takes Sehun's shoulders and leans his face near his. "All you think is yourself! You think ending this would help you? No!" He shoves him lightly by the shoulder. "All you think is of yourself-"

"You don't understand!" Sehun tries to inhale much air. He has to tell him the truth. But he's hold back, thinking of the possibilities of what his response be.

"I don't understand?" His forced smile breaks the younger's heart to pieces. "You're so selfish! You can't even think of others! What do you think will happen to me, huh? You think that I'm going to say, 'Okay, Sehun, let's end this stupid relati--"

"I'm dying, Luhan." 

His saddened face turns more hollow. His heart was pounding, digesting what the younger just said. 

"And I can't stop what's happening, alright? I've been suffering brain cancer for years... And... I'm so sorry I'm being so selfish, I just-- Nothing can cure this anymore... I'm dyi--"

"You're not dying," Luhan whispers.

"I am," Sehun sobs.

Luhan looks at Sehun with hollow and surprised eyes. "You're dying and you didn't tell me?! Is this why you're--" 

Sehun cries out loud, rain covering his scorned face. Sehun tried his best to nod. 

Luhan wraps his arms around the pained boy in front of him, again. More tears fall down their eyes. 

The younger's head hurts like hell now, his lungs are also burning, his stomach feels like it's crushing, and he's dying. "We're going to go through this. I promise you, Sehun."
They both stand under the cold and strong rain, soaked and tangled in each other's arms. Sehun eyes are closing by its own and his head is throbbing like a burning ache. 

"Lu-ge..."

"Ssh..." Luhan caresses his slick brown and wet hair. "It's going to be--"

Sehun sighs out loud and pushes Luhan away, so hard even without all the strength he'd lost. 

He sees darkness clouding his eyes and suddenly falls slowly. 

"I love you," Sehun whispers. 

And Luhan felt him go limp on his shoulder. He heard Sehun's light breathing. Sehun fell asleep. And he carried the younger into his car, driving both of them to his house.

He laid the still wet Sehun on his bed, and changed the younger's clothes into dry ones. Luhan took a quick shower and slid in bed with Sehun in his arms. 

Sehun turned to him and buried his face in the crook of Luhan's neck. Luhan's arms wrapped around Sehun's small frame and held him close, scared of losing him again. 

Luhan could feel Sehun's soft breathing against his neck and with that he fell into a sweet slumber.

~o0o~


The moment his eyes opened, he saw that his morning was rainy and gloomy. And the bed felt cold. He went rigid when he realized Sehun was not in bed anymore. 

He quickly stood up and searched for Sehun. He found him on the porch, looking straight ahead. "Good morning, Sehun." He wraps his arms from behind Sehun.

Sehun turns to him and gives him a small smile. Luhan releases him. 

"Good morning, hyung." He hugs Luhan tightly, surprising Luhan. "I love you so much." 

"I love you too," Luhan murmurs. 

Sehun gives him a peck on the lips. "This is not goodbye."

Something's not right.

Nothing's wrong with Sehun. But there's just something wrong. 

And Sehun collapses into Luhan's arms.

Luhan seemed to be in a state of shock. His world stopped turning. Luhan took in deep breaths and checked on the younger.

"Sehun?" Luhan calls. He looks at his lover's face, eyes closed and he places his fingers on his lips. Not breathing, and Sehun's chest wasn't moving anymore--not showing any sign of her breathing.

"Sehun! Sehun! Sehun! No. This is not happening!" Luhan calls out as Sehun falls like a ragdoll on the wooden floor.

"This is not funny." He coughs, but tears streak his face more. He falls down to the sidewalk and thumps his chest and he listens to Sehun's heartbeat but doesn't feel any. 

"Sehun, wake up," he sobs and patting the younger's cheeks to wake up. "Why are you doing this to me? You're so selfish! You only think of..." His sobs turns to a cry. 

He cradles Sehun's body in his arms. "Oh Sehun, I know you can hear me.. So..."

Luhan shooks his head down. "Sehun... Wake up." His voice shaking, he says, "I love you. I..." He checks Sehun's pulse, but feels nothing. 

"Wake up, you pabo!..." His whole body goes rigid, it's like everything's turning into slow motion. "Wake... Up... For... Me." He looks at the pale boy's unmoving lifeless body.

He gives up and kisses Sehun's still pink and warm lips, with his cold and quivering lips. Luhan slowly waits for his response, but didn't get any. 

Luhan looks at his pale, lifeless, yet beautiful face. "I love you... And I'll always love you, Sehun. I'll be waiting for you...  in our next lifetime."

"I will wait for you..." A single tear drops from his eye. "Even if it takes me forever..." His eyes closes shut.

And with that, the sun shines and everything turns into darkness in Luhan's eyes.