Final

Last One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since young, Wendy Son always had a passion for the arts, more specifically-painting. It doesn't matter what kind of painting, acrylic painting, poster colours and stuff. As long as she gets to see the way how vibrant colors would mould together to form beautiful pieces of art, it would always make her very happy. And to add on to it, she was a natural talent at painting. Having won the best new young painter award at an art exhibition just at the mere age of 10, it wasn't long before she got well-known in the arts industry.

However, in contrast to her painting that seems to scream out all of her emotions with all their bold and wild concepts and colours, she was actually an introvert, and mainly kept to herself because, let's just say that her childhood wasn't all that pleasant to her.

She had a dark childhood, always getting teased in school because she used to be overweight and a lot of students were so jealous of her talent that they would always try to harass her and do mean things to her till the point where she grew tired of retaliating and letting them have their way. However, thanks to them, she became determined, determined to slim down, determined to ignore them, and more importantly she became determined to be better than them.

It helped a lot, indeed. Her determination was no joke. She became very slim, fit enough to be a model if we exclude her height that is, and her paintings just get better and better. The characters in those paintings look so real that sometimes, people cannot differentiate if it is actually just a painting. After many of her paintings that got chosen to be displayed in exhibitions, Wendy was able to make painting her job.

Usually people would say that painters would not earn much money, considering the fact that arts is still not that well accepted in her country, but, not only was she able to make it her job, she got loads of money just for one of her paintings. Wendy's paintings are always beautiful females, and they all looked very life-like. The way she paints them makes the person on the canvas feel alive, unlike most paintings at the same exhibition which was why she drew so much attention for her paintings.

----

It was another one of Wendy's exhibition, yes, she was successful to the point where she holds her own exhibitions and where she actually can start scouting and inviting new talents to put up their work in her exhibitions, hoping that they would walk a same path as her. Well, not completely the same.

This time at her exhibition, her main piece is called "Angel". It was a really beautiful woman wearing a long white dress but putting headphones The face on her does not seem to be a pleasant one though and it seems to be in agony. However, that part was actually the main point of the painting-angels can suffer too. 

Let's introduce this girl called, Irene. She has always enjoyed paintings although she cannot really paint very well. She enjoys going to exhibitions and yeah, you guessed it. Her favourite painter is Wendy Son and currently, she is at the newest exhibition of hers. And finally, today is the day where she gets to meet her favourite painter of all time.

After talking to Wendy's management, she managed to convince them to allow her to meet Wendy just one time. Walking around the exhibition, she stopped where the main painting was- "Angel". She scrutinized it, taking in every detail, every and touch of Wendy's brush that made up and created such a beautiful piece of art.

"Hello there, I heard you wanted to meet me?" a voice snapped Irene out of the admiration of the painting.

Turning around, she finally saw Wendy Son, the painter that she wanted to meet for ages. Looking at her in person as shocking as it sounds, seems very normal to Irene. To her, it seems that this very first meeting they have was already enough to show them that they definitely would be able to hit it off well with each other because there was already a strong connection. That's what Irene felt.

"Oh yes, Hello. Let me introduce myself, my name is Irene." 

"No need to be so formal," Wendy smiled, " So, what was the reason for arranging a meeting with me?"

"I just really want to tell you that I really enjoy your paintings and would like to try my luck at inviting you out for a date this Saturday" Irene replied. 

Wendy was kind of taken aback by this sudden indirect confession by Irene, because no one has ever been this direct with her and she thought that Irene would be a good addition to her-- " What do you say?" Irene tried pressing further, hoping that Wendy would agree.

"Sure then, it does not hurt right? Who knows, this might even work out" Wendy chuckled.

----

On their first date, Irene was the one who planned it, suggesting that they go to the amusement park to enjoy some rides because Irene is totally a fan of those thrilling rides. Luckily for her, this love for thrills enabled her to get even closer to Wendy because they have one more similar interest and it seems that the whole date was going smoothly. The first ride they took was the cork

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter