Welcome To My Life

What Can Change?

   

 

 "What the hell is going on now?" Joon Gi sighed and made his way to his younger brothers. Tae Min lifted his eyes to his older brother, blantant annoyance gleaming in his dark eyes. 


 

     "This idiot keeps coming into my room to steal my clothes when I'm not here!" Min Ki shoved Min Hyun, causing him to fall over the armrest of the couch. "Like he could ever pull off my clothes." Joon Gi pinched the bridge of his nose to calm his pounding head. 


 

     "That's what you're fighting about? Clothes?" He heard Tae Min scoff as he turned to leave, muttering under his breath. The oldest groaned. Of course, fashion was probably the only thing the youngest cared about, but it was the silliest thing to fight over. 


 

     "I asked if I could..." Min Hyun's trembling voice came from behind the couch, his head popping up.


 

     "When!? You never asked!"


 

     "I texted you, but you never answered!"


 

     "Stop! Both of you!" Joon Gi threw his bag on the coffee table and stood with his hands on his hips. "Min Hyun, if he didn't answer, you shouldn't have gone in-"


 

     "Yeah!"


 

     "AND! Would it kill you to maybe help him out with his... choice of clothing, Min Ki?"


 

     "...Yeah!..." Min Ki stared at his oldest brother like he'd suddenly become masculine. There was no possible help for his brother when fashion was the issue. Min Hyun was smart, so he should just stick to that. "He's a nerd who should stick to books." The blonde boy crossed his arms and glared at his teary-eyed hyung. 


 

     "Min Ki!" Joon Gi growled and grabbed the boy's arm to make him meet his angry gaze. "That was completely uncalled for!"


 

     "Whatever!" Min Hyun shot up and threw a cushion at his little brother, causing the other to gasp in shock. Min Hyun rarely ever had such outbursts. "You look too much like a girl, even by our standards. I don't wanna look like you at all!" And with that, the boy took off up the stairs and slammed his door. Honestly, he'd always envied Min Ki; he was so much more beautiful than the rest, and he knew it. And he carried his beauty with confidence, while Min Hyun was afraid of his looks. He hid behind his glasses and books, hoping no one ever noticed him. And it had worked so far. But they were going to a different school in the big city, and Min Hyun wanted desperately to fit in with his family. 


 

     Back downstairs, Min Ki was still seething. Maybe he wouldn't be so mad if the outfit he'd picked out for tomorrow hadn't been the one Min Hyun had been messing with. He'd had it set out perfectly, all put together with certain accessories and shoes... but that moron had put the wrong pants with the top, and... and... "Ugh! That stupid, fashion-blind idiot!" Min Ki flopped onto the couch, his cheeks red from anger. Joon Gi could only sigh.


 

     "Why? Why would you not jump at the chance to help someone with clothes?" Joon Gi sat on the table, across from his little brother. "Isn't it what you enjoy doing? Shopping?"


 

     Min Ki scoffed. Oh yeah, he loved shopping. He loved finding things that went just perfectly together. He'd even made his own clothes when he couldn't find what he envisioned at the stores. But he loved doing it for himself. Because... because he was so utterly insecure. Joon Gi and Tae Min were beautiful, and they had a humble confidence about them - so no matter what they did or wore, they looked good. Even looking at his brother now with the outfit thrown together in five minutes, and worn all day at work, he looked amazing. And Tae Min, though his appearance was always the furthest thing from his mind, he could do the same as Joon Gi and come out looking fantastic. And Min Hyun. Min Hyun at least looked more like a boy, so what use did he have for appearances? Min Ki looked way too much like a girl, just as Min Hyun said. He had no boyish looks or humble confidence to fall back on. All he had was his fashion sense.


 

     After a while of silence, Joon Gi stood, another sigh slipping past his lips. "Just go upstairs and get to bed, Min Ki." He watched his little brother drag himself to his room with a downtrodden posture. He ran his hands over his face tiredly, his eyes catching Tae Min almost appearing from the wood work. "You were no help at all."


 

     "You're the adult, you figure it out." Tae Min shrugged and turned to go to his own room, but paused and looked over his shoulder. "No one asked you to take us in." Before Joon Gi could respond, the second oldest disappeared into his room.


 

     Joon Gi, for possibly the thousandth time in an hour, sighed. Tae Min was right. About everything. But his brother always was. The boy seemed to have so much more knowledge about things than he let on. It'd be nice if he'd shed some light on things every once in a while. The tired man made his way to his room, and without dressing for bed, face planted into his bed and fell asleep.

 

      Hyun Woo grabbed the baggy in the passenger seat and quietly got out of the car. Just before Aron could spread the gas, Hyun Woo threw one of the poppers on the ground, causing the three boys to shriek in terror. He threw another, and another, until they caught sight of him.


 

     "Hyung!?" Aron stood immediately, his panic plain on his face. "Are you trying to give us a heart attack!?" Hyun Woo threw another popper at Baek Ho and JR's feet, making them scream like girls, their flailing limbs bringing an amused grin to the man's face. 


 

     "Yes." After he'd emptied the bag on all three boys, his amusement vanished. "Now get in the car."

 

     Aron stood defiantly in his spot by the wall, gas jug poised to be poured out. JR caught his glance and smirked, readying his lighter. Baek Ho stared between the two with wide. This was getting out of hand. But then, most of their mischief tended to do that. "Kwak Young Min!" Hyun Woo stalked forward, not worried in the least. The boys were trouble makers, sure, but they weren't stu- "STOP!" Aron tossed the gasoline all over, at the same time JR flicked the botton and tossed the lighter into the liquid. The building went up in flames...

 

     The three boys took off, but Aron and Baek Ho were caught by the teacher. Hyun Woo, in a fit of rage and disappointment, knocked the two out with one punch. He knew JR would show up as soon as the police caught up with him. 

 

     After a few hours at the police station, JR and Baek Ho were sentenced three weeks community service, while Aron, because he was 21, got three weeks community service and probation. They would all have to help clean up the now destroyed arcade.

 

     "They were just gonna tear the in' place down anyway." Aron scoffed as they exited the station, his hands in his pockets. Baek Ho kept quiet, feling guilty for having put Hyun Woo through another chaotic situation. He always ended up feeling like , even though most of the time it was his idea. He had no idea why he was like this. It was like choas was his addiction, and as much as he wanted to quit, he just wasn't strong enough to resist all the opportunities that arose.

 

     "That's not the point, and watch your mouth, little boy." The man stalked to the car, waiting for the other two in case he'd have to chase them down again. "The point is, you broke the law, all of you. Again." Watching as they drug themselves into the car, Hyun Woo sighed and ran his hands through his hair, resisting the urge to rip it all out. He slid into the driver's seat with slumped shoulders. "You can't keep doing this. You," he looked back at Baek Ho, who shrunk back against the seat. "Will be a senior tomorrow. And you..." his gaze set hard on his little brother, his disappointment plain on his face and in his eyes. "Will start university. Grow up." 

 

Aron glared out the window as his brother pulled away from the station. Grow up? He'd never got to be a kid, and now he was supposed to grow up? His aunt let him work at the tender age of 8, cleaning up around her shop, so he could make money to take care of his mother. He didn't blame Hyun Woo for not knowing, as his brother had been taken by their father when their parents split. But from that age until his mother died when he entered high school, he'd given up the joys of being a kid in order to make a living. Hyun Woo had taken him in, and though he was grateful, he'd never asked the man to do that. And the few short years of high school was supposed to have been enough time to have fun? How was that fair? Angry tears burned behind the young man's eyes, but he didn't cry. Never had he cried, and he wouldn't start now.

 

So I realized that Tae Min and JR will be exposed slowly as the story progresses,

and through the others relationship with them. They're more obscure than the rest.

For now, at least.

Again, let me know something. Good? No good?

Keep 4D personality