Only You

Waiting for You

EXO Debut Showcase (2012)

Jongin nervously rubbed his palms together, looking at his other members. They all looked nervous and excited at the same time. Kris and Junmyeon were going around comforting them while trying to maintain their leader image. All their efforts in practicing is finally going to be paid off!

“Hey, you okay?” Sehun whispered to him. Jongin nodded, even though he knew Sehun wasn’t really asking about their performance. “She’ll be here, don’t worry. She promised didn’t she?”

“She… Didn’t exactly promise. She has a flight to catch right after our showcase ends…” Jongin mumbled helplessly.

“Jongin!” Suho hissed to him, gesturing him to peep outside. Jongin walked over and peeked a little through the curtains. There she was, all smiles waiting for the show to start. She didn’t seem to notice Jongin was trying to get her attention.

“Stop waving you moron!” Kris scolded him playfully. “The other girls would think you’re waving to them!”

“Arasso hyung…” Jongin replied not moving his eyes away from her.

Today could probably be the last time hewould get to see her and vice versa. She was flying off to LA to stay with her grandparents ever since she got the scholarship for FIDM. It was funny how they continued their relationship without declaring any status, but now Jongin wished he could tell the whole world about them. By not declaring their status, this doesn’t feel like a break-up but he was going to lose her.

On graduation day they made a pact to try to keep in contact but if it gets too hard, don’t have to push it. She knew Jongin being an idol would pull them apart and she wasn’t going to try and stop him from his dreams. She had her own dreams as well. Maybe in another life they could be together again.

“Give it up for……. EXO!!!!!” The crowd cheered loudly and Yoora joined in as well, clapping her hands and screaming excitedly seeing her cousin Junmyeon and her love Jongin on stage.

Right after the showcase ended Yoora rushed out of the venue and headed straight to the airport. It she couldn’t say goodbye but Jongin was an idol now. They were two worlds apart. She was happy he was living his dream and prayed maybe sometime in the future their paths would cross again.

EXO Wolf Comeback stage (May 2013)

Yoora plopped herself in front of the laptop and started waiting for the streaming to load. Since moving to LA she started doing Youtube videos and was ranked in the top 10 of the Korean beauty gurus. For her age reaching a million subscribers was surreal but she was almost there. She didn’t know if Jongin watched her videos but hope he did, she made it clear to the world she was an EXO stan.

“Honey, do you want some cookies?” She heard her grandma calling.

“Be down in a minute!” She replied back, grumbling about the streaming taking forever to load. “Halmoni, do you want to see Junmyeon perform?” She asked as she reached the kitchen.

“Odisseo?” Halmoni looked around the house.

“In the computer gramps!! Hahaha. Wait, let me get my laptop”

“Oh yeobo you’re back. Come sit, Yoora says we’re watching Junmyeon perform!” Halmoni said to her husband excitedly.

Yoora brought her laptop to the living room and connected the cables to their tv. She hoped she was doing it right and that the stream wouldn’t lag on her.

“Yoora, call Junmyeon for us later…” Harabuji said.

“Ne harabuji… OKAY IT’S STARTING!!!” She said gleefully while jumping around.

“Calm down Yoora!”

When EXO came on her eyes looked for Jongin first, bad habit. He looked different with the braids but she still thought he looked like the same boy she fell in love with. His dancing got even better and she felt a tug on her heart, she was missing him so bad.

“There’ll always be a next time to see Jongin dear…” Halmoni hugged her when Yoora suddenly went quiet.

EXO Growl Comeback stage (May 2013)

It was just yesterday when Jongin watched Yoora on Youtube. No doubt she’s doing what she does best but he wished things didn’t have to be so difficult for them. He was glad she liked all their songs and videos but was a little let down when she didn’t turn up for SMTOWN in LA. When she called Junmyeon on Skype he couldn’t stand to be around, afraid he would crack. But Junmyeon always manages to update him about her well-being.

He didn’t know when she was coming back, they’ve never discussed about this.

“Yoora says hi…” Junmyeon whispered to him as he was getting his hair done. His heart clenched but he nodded anyway. “You guys should just talk. It’s not like you ended things on bad terms”

“If we talk I’m scared we both would give this up”

“You miss her don’t you…?”

“A lot…”

“We all miss her too, hang in there…” Kris squeezed the younger boy’s shoulder.

Once their performance was over they all headed back to their dorms. More schedules were coming up – happens every time they have a comeback.

“Hyung! Someone’s calling you on Skype!” Chen called out to Junmyeon. “OMG IT’S YOORA! PLEASE LET ME PICK UP!”

“NO WAIT I WANNA TALK TO HER TOO!” Tao screeched.

“ME FIRST!” Luhan tried to chase Tao.

“MOVE GUYS MAKNAE FIRST!” Sehun tried to stop Luhan.

“YAH! LET JUNMYEON TALK TO HER FIRST!” Kris’ voice boomed and everybody halted. Jongin stepped up and looked at his leader.

“Go ahead Jongin, answer the call…” Junmyeon slightly pushed him to the laptop.

Jongin clicked the answer button and waited for her face to come up. Those 5 seconds seemed like an eternity.

“Op – Jongin….” Kai took in her look. Even when he’s seen her videos it was still weird to see her with a different hair colour but she still looked stunning.

“Hey Yoora…” He smiled sheepishly, feeling shy all of a sudden.

“KIM YOORA ANNEYOHASEYO!” The other 11 members greeted her happily while trying to get their face in the camera.

“Haha hey guys… Just finished your performance? Your make-up is still in tact..”

“Yoora why wont you be our coordi?” Tao whined.

“Shut up Panda. Yoora come back please!” Chanyeol said.

“Yoora don’t come back just stay there don’t get so near these crazy asses” Xiumin joked.

“Guys… Can I talk with Jongin in private?”

The other members whistled and ruffled Jongin’s hair, he blushed a little while trying to push Sehun off him. When he was left alone, he looked at the screen, almost feeling like wanting to pull her out and have her physically in front of him.

“How are you Yoora?” Jongin tried hard not to stammer.

“I’m good. And you?”

“Better now… How’s school?”

“School is okay... I’m graduating next year...” Jongin’s ears perked up as he heard her answer. Was she coming back?

“Are… Are you coming back…?”

“I… well… I’ve got a few offers here actually so…”

“Oh”

“I’ll come visit…” Yoora tried to cheer him up but Jongin was already looking distressed.

He didn’t know what else to say so he handed the laptop over to s who seemed to have a gazillion things to say to her. He was mad about their situation but they both agreed to this. He wanted her back in Korea, he wanted to be able to date her freely!

MAMA Awards (Nov 2013)

Yoora walked out of the Hong Kong airport, feeling giddy with excitement at the thought of finally being able to see Jongin. Thanks to Junmyeon’s parents who asked her to tag along, she was actually going to head to backstage. Junmyeon didn’t even know she was coming and Yoora hoped everyone would be pleasantly surprised.

“Mummy!” Yoora called out to Junmyeon’s mother who was waiting for her at the carpark.

“Yoora yah!” The ladies hugged each other tight then Yoora walked over to her uncle to do the same.

“Are you excited?” Her uncle asked while taking her luggages.

“Very. Gomawo for bringing me!”

“Ayeeee, no need to say thank you. You’re like our own daughter. Junmyeon and you should have been siblings..”

“Andwe. Junymyeon is a big bully haha!”

“Are you sure? Isn’t it the other way around?”

The trio laughed as they made their way to the hotel. They were at the same hotel as EXO but Junmyeon had no clue at all.

Seating a few rows back from EXO, she could see the backs of their head and laughed when she saw them all dancing to Rain’s song. She knew how much they looked up to him as well. They were announcing the final award and she held in her breath, hoping it would be EXO. She held on tight with her aunt’s hands and prayed silently.

“EXO!”

The crowd went wild and Yoora had legit tears in her eyes. This award was their reward for all the effort they’ve put in. This was their moment.

When Junmyeon came up to make the speech she knew he was beyond happy and wished she could just run over to hug him. She caught sight of some of the members holding back their own tears and she tried to hold hers in as well. So proud of the boys.

“Come dear, let’s go congratulate them” Her uncle gently held on to her arm as they made their way slowly backstage.

Yoora held a huge bouquet of flowers, hiding her face behind it and her aunt & uncle stood in front of her shielding her. She held her breath waiting for the boys to come in and was afraid she would crack anytime soon. It was nerve wrecking.

“SURPRISE!” The pair shouted when Junmyeon opened the door. He started sobbing again while walking towards his parents. The other boys smiled and bowed politely, Sehun caught something was amiss. He nudged Jongin and pointed to someone standing way back.

“Imu… Who did you bring?” Baekhyun said cautiously.

“SURPISEEE!” Yoora shouted as she finally showed her face to the boys and took in their shocked expressions.

“YOORAAA!!” The boys shouted as they all huddled around her hugging, laughing and crying all at the same time.

Jongin stood at the back taking in her in sight, she was here in a flesh. She caught his eye and removed herself from the rest, walking towards him. He felt a huge lump in his throat but continued looking at her. Yoora still looked like how she did the last time he saw her.

“I miss you” Yoora’s voice cracked as she slung her arms over his shoulders and hugged him tight. He shut his eyes tight and let the tears fall, hugging her even tighter.

“I miss you too baby…”

EXO Comeback Showcase (2014)

“Is she coming?” Luhan asked Junmyeon, he knew Jongin would crack if he asked. Ever since he last saw her last year he was in a mess.

“She has to. Jongin’s seriously overdosed”

“I heard that!” Jongin shouted.

“You guys weren’t even in a relationship to begin with you know” Tao commented.

“Urgh don’t remind me”

“Well at least none of our fans are  attacking her since they know she’s related to our gramps leader” Baekhyun chuckled and Junmyeon smacked him hard on his head.

-

“Mummy, my flight’s cancelled. No flights are flying out due to the storm!” Yoora said hurriedly on the phone with her aunt.

“Oh dear. Head home dear, I’ll tell Junmyeon”

“Please tell him I’m very sorry!”

“Don’t worry agi. He’ll understand”

Yoora slumped her body on the chair and cursed the weather for not allowing her to meet the love of her life. At least that’s whats he thinks Jongin is. She knew how much they’ve practiced for this comeback and was sure they were pretty nervous about it. It’s been two years since they did a showcase.

-

“3 minutes guys! Standby!”

Junmyeon huddled his group around as he did a  pep talk. He knew everyone had similar thoughts since it’s been two years but he hoped everyone would have a good time.

“Hyung… Yoora?” Jongin asked quietly.

“Don’t worry, she’ll be here bro…” Tao patted his back.

Once the showcase ended Jongin rushed to the backstage but was disappointed to find only Junmyeon’s parents there. They smiled apologetically as they hugged the boys, congratulating them on a good showcase.

How long more do they have to keep this up?

Beijing (2014)

“YOU DID WHAT!” Yoora screamed at the older boy standing in front of her.

“Don’t make me repeat myself please…” Kris sighed.

“YOU DRAGGED ME ALL THE WAY HERE JUST TO SAY YOU FILED A LAWSUIT?!”

“I just needed to talk to someone”

“What’s wrong? Why so sudden oppa?”

Kris started rambling about the unfairness and how he was being treated and everything. Yoora listened and nodded her head, not finding the right words to say to comfort him. She knew how bad some idols were treated but to hear it from her own friend’s mouth, it must be hard for the rest of them as well.

“I honestly want the guys to know I still love them…”

“Don’t worry, I’m sure they know….”

“I doubt so”

“But… Do you want to leave them…?”

“No. I’m doing this so all of us could be treated better…”

TLP @ Kris’ Hometown (2014)

Yoora walked quickly backstage while dragging the hooded boy with her. Nobody knew how the lawsuit turned out since it was settled so quietly, but Yoora knew the boys were on the verge of cracking.

She opened the backstage door and pushed Kris inside, startling the other members.

“HYUNG!” Tao screeched, tears forming in his eyes.

“WU YI FAN!”

“KRIS HYUNG!”

“URI GALAXY HYUNG IS BACK!”

Yoora stepped aside and walked over to Jongin, hugging him tight, taking in his scent. It was always like this – they didn’t know when they could meet and when they did not much words had to be said. What a weird relationship.

“Thank you for bringing him back baby…” Jongin whispered as he pecked her forehead.

“Anything for you guys…”

The news leaked out – Kris won the lawsuit and SM had to comply to the changes he wanted to make to his contract and also s. EXO was one again.

Jongin & Sehun’s enlistment (2021)

“Are you sure about this?” Tao looked at Jongin worriedly.

“I’m done waiting bro. It’s now or never”

“Alright, I’m posting it…”

@hzztao posted:
*selca of Jongin & Yoora @ MAMA awards*
Throwback to our younger years! Everyone, please look after these two lovebirds!

-

Yoora stared in shock at Tao’s IG post. She knew Jongin was tired of hiding and wanted to let it out but shouldn’t they discuss this first? She was heading back to Seoul to send Jongin off to the army and was worried how his fans might react.

The fandom was in a chaos, some were supportive, and some were upset about it. Jongin read through the comments on Tao’s post and made a poker face. Anytime now KYM would call him and hold a press conference or something.

Aha, speaking of the devil.

“Kim Jongin!”

“I can ex – “

“When is Yoora shi coming back to Seoul? We’re confirming the relationship”

“Wait. What? You’re agreeing to this?”

“Don’t sound so surprised Jongin. You’re a grown man now. Besides, Yoora by your side is good marketing”

“Our relationship isn’t about marketing sir” Jongin grumbled.

“Let me know when we’re holding the press conference. Before you enlist!”

-

Yoora hugged Sehun then went over to Jongin. The media handled the news of their relationship quite well and she was glad. Finally the long wait was over! Fans came over to the site as well to send the maknaes off and some recognized her as well. She was crowned as the top Korean beauty guru now.

“2 years more is a piece of cake honey” Yoora said as she pulled herself away from Jongin.

“But still…”

“I’m back in Seoul now, and I’ll stay here and wait for you”

“Meet up with the hyungs often okay”

“I will.. Take care of yourself please…”

“I love you..”

“I love you too..”

You’re cordially invited to Kim Jongin and Kim Yoora’s wedding (Dec 2023)

Yoora stood in front of the mirror, checking herself out. Jongin went out of his way getting Vera Wang to customize her own Elsa dress – he still remembered how obsessed she was over Frozen. The day was finally here.

As she walked down the aisle with her veil covering her face, her arm linked with Junmyeon, Jongin couldn’t help but to tear up. Yoora was one of the most patient person he’s known and he felt lucky she stood by him all these years. He knew it was hard, but they managed to pull through. They always do.

Junmyeon handed her over to Jongin and patted his back, feeling a tinge of sadness – he was giving away his baby sister away. But if it was anyone, he was glad it was Jongin. He couldn’t think of anyone better.

“I now pronounce you, man and wife. You may kiss the bride”

Jongin took off her veil slowly and smiled, reminiscing their times when they were 17 and naïve. Look how far they’ve come.

“I love you baby..”

“I love you too”

Return of Superman (Sep 2025)

“PAPA!!!! LOOK!!!!” Jinhee was screaming her lungs out trying to get Jongin’s attention. At just two years old she sure could scream.

“I’m here baby..  What is it?”

“Papa in tv!” Jinhee pointed to the tv screen – it was their first ever concert, the one Yoora brought Kris back and till this day he has never spoke again about leaving.

“Aiiishhh! Yah Kim Yoora! You did not just purposely switch this on!” Jongin shouted to his wife.

“Jinhee insisted! I’m heading out now, have fun babies”

“I am so not a baby” Jongin pouted.

“Yes you are.. Jinhee yah.. Give Mama a kiss.. See you in 2 days!”

Jongin looked at the two girls in his life and chuckled.

Right now was where he wanted to be.