Another Quiet Night

Another Quiet Night

It was just another quiet night.

You sat on the living room with your laptop on your lap. And the same went to Chanyeol who sat beside you. Nobody said anything. The television wasn't even on. He was busy composing while you were occupied with your paper. The deadline wasn't anytime soon but it's been your habit not to procrastinate.

Chanyeol himself actually still tired from the concert and the flight. He just landed back on Seoul this noon. You wouldn't mind if he wanted to ask you out somewhere since it's been days from the last time you met each other. But because he was still worn out and you have a paper to do, you two decided it would be fine to just spend the night together doing your own things.

And it's not like this kind of night was the first time. And it's not like the silence in between was that kind of uncomfortable silence anyway.

You plugged one of the headset to your ear at the other side with where Chanyeol sat, different with him who set both of his, because composing needed both of them plugged on. The music from your iPod wasn't too loud either since it would usually distract your focus if you set the volume too high.

From the corner of your eyes, you caught him unplugging one of his headsets. So you stick your hand out for it since sometimes it meant he wanted you to listen for his music and give some comment.

But he shook his head with a grin in his face as he gave out his hand to yours instead. "Not yet," he said while playing with your fingers.

You lifted you eyes from the words you're working on and turned it to him, with eyebrows slightly lifted, asking what it was for then.

"I was thinking about making some snack since it's been three hours from our dinner and I'm getting hungry again," he told you before unplugging the other headset which was still on his ear a moment ago.

"Sure, you make the snack and I'll make hot chocolates. How does that sound?" you smiled and you followed his gesture to unset your own headset. Your other hand made sure you saved the latest changes you have made before letting go his hand to put your laptop on the coffee table.

His eyes lit up and he nodded as he put his own laptop at the coffee table too, and walking-semi-jumping to the kitchen. You followed afterwards with a small laugh due to his acts.

As if in his own place, Chanyeol quickly collected the ingredients he needed from its places. In no time he was already chopping sausages in a pretty skillful manner.

"What are you making this time? Sausages fried with spices?" Because that was the first thing came to your mind when you saw the sausages.

Didn't even wait for his answer, your hands deftly took two mugs and opened the chocolate box.

"Yes. You mind? Do you want me to put a lot of vegetables, or normal proportion or just a little or tonight is one of those nights where you don't even want a bite of greens?" he asked in a breath. And yes he was right, you had those nights when you just not on the mood to eat leaves. Just because.

You scrunched your nose and eyebrows, trying to figure out your appetite. "Keep it moderate, it will do," you said eventually. "Just don't make it too spicy, my tongue strangely can't take spicy foods lately,"

"Yes, Ma'am. And I can't more agree to your second request, elated actually. Since I can't eat spicy foods either." Chanyeol laughed a little, making his right eye twitched making an irresistible smile line.

Can't help with his laugh, you let out a chuckle. Having fun with yourself, you started to hum to Overdose. Not surprisingly, he mumbled the lyrics, even the parts that didn't belong to him. His hand still chopping, the vegetables this time, but the other parts of his body dance in sync with the parts you were humming. Enjoying the mood, you danced along with him, not a perfect performance of dancing but enough just to resemble the real one. Not a big deal since you basically enjoyed dancing and you had watched like thousands of their stages and their dance rehearsals.

You even imitated the way of the other members sang their own parts. That's all, by then, Chanyeol put down his knife and laugh hysterically. You were going to laugh at yourself too but it was already the part where you usually missed the beat of the dance. That one hip sways and hand swings at the second 'too much, it's you, your love, this is overdose' so you pushed away your urge to laugh and tried catching the rhythm. To failed miserably.

But he didn't laugh, he just smiled sweetly, a wide smile that made his right eye squinted smaller than the other one. "Your hip always made the same mistake you did over years. It's one, one, one, two, four, three, three,"

And your palms shamelessly made its way to your ears, sending the code that you were refusing to listen. It wasn't that you didn't actually want to, but you would always failed the beat, no matter how many times you tried so listening another advice would make you feel fail even more. Plus, teasing him was always something too joyful to miss.

Park Chanyeol knew you better that you were just kidding. So he scrunched his nose and lips, as if he was sending a flying peck, and laughed at himself after that. Not wasting time, he started sautéing with a small laugh lingered.

"Do you want me to put cinnamon powder on yours?" you asked after you're basically done with your works, just about to put cinnamon on your mug and his, if he would like to have some.

"Wait. Cinnamon, is that the one thing with the sweet but bitter but spicy taste? If it is, then no. It tasted weird." This time he answered without looking since he was already going on his way with the stove. Chanyeol couldn't distract himself when he's doing business with stove. Or fire, basically.

"Pft, you and your sweet tooth," you commented and swiftly added enough cinnamon to your mug.

When you finished, he was still busy sautéing and you saw there was no bowl or plate around him. You picked a clean plate and set it next to the stove, for him to put the sausages later.

"Thanks," he mumbled and looked at you for a second because now you're beside him. And you just nodded.

Got bored again, you continued the part of Overdose you had sung before you stopped. Fully singing because your focus was no more divided with the hot chocolates.

"Everyone asks me if I changed, it's like you're nailed into my heart. My world is filled with you." You sang softly not too loud. The night was pretty late and you remembered you had neighbors. By then Chanyeol already turned off the stove.

"I can't stop, I'm already filled with you. Right now, this moment, you're in my heart." Even the high notes. However, you're a girl so singing boys' high note was not really a big deal, singing their low note was.

Chanyeol was looking at you with a stare you could not describe. He blinked ever so slowly and you could see a glint of small smile on his lips but you couldn't really understand what he was thinking. It's not like that was his first time listened to you singing.

Truthfully saying, you were getting embarrassed from his intense stare and you couldn't do nothing but lifted your brows and continue, "E, X, O,"

He moved the sausages to the plate while rapping his part. His very own part that he always treasure. With his voice. That voice of Park Chanyeol, that deep low voice of him. His voice you always awed no matter how many times you listened to it.

"I taste you and I drink you. My heart trembles, I keep drinking you in but it's not enough yet. This thirst sends shivers even to my fingertips, hold onto this moment. Don't stop going, it's so good, I can't stop." Without realizing, his part ended and you were still staring at him with an amazed gaze.

You came back to earth when you realized he was looking at you with you-know-you-think-I-am-awesome-right look and a proud grin, making you blinked twice.

"If you're still thirsty the chocolate is in the living room with me," you said and quickly brought two mugs of the hot chocolate to the living room. Turning your face as soon as possible so Chanyeol wouldn't see red shades crept up to your face. He always said your face easily turned red when you were embarrassed and he always loved to see that because he thought it's cute which would make you red even more.

"I saw that," he said with a chuckle from behind you.

See.

-

The night went on with the same quietness. He continued on composing while you sat silently beside him, your head on his shoulder. Both of your palms were encircling your mug, seeking warmth from the hot chocolate that was already getting cold, while it was long since the plate of sausages was emptied. Your paper was almost done, just needed to make the conclusion part. And you usually let your work sit by a day or two before you make the ending part, so no wonder your laptop already turned off and put nicely at the table.

By now you were practically enjoying the night, snuggling to Chanyeol while the said person was still with both of his earphones on, drown on his passion of composing.

Slowly, you pulled the earphone on his ear that was next to your head, catching his attention. You noticed the changes of works being done on his laptop screen, from arranging to anything else that could be done with one earphone. He hummed a deep tone, noticing you that he was listening.

"Are you spending the night here?" Your parents went for a business party out of the town, they would stay there for three days and two nights if there wouldn't be any change of plan.

"Nope, what things your parents are going to say if I'm staying while you are by yourself in the house. Your sister?" That's what special about Park Chanyeol. He was so considerate and he always respected you, your relationship and even your family. So it didn't surprise both your dad and your mom liked him a lot.

"It's 12 and she wasn't home, I guess she works overtime which she usually would be home by two." You snuggled your head deeper, the cold of the night was getting more noticeable.

"I'll go home when your sister comes, so you won't be home by yourself, how is it?"

You just nodded, your eyes were getting heavier as the night went deeper. You moved to put your mug to the table after sipping the last drop. Sooner or later you would fall asleep and you didn't want to drop the ceramic.

"It's cold," you sighed while you were looking at him. Safe and sound with his jeans and long sleeved black t-shirt. His black hair was a little bit messy because he tended to ruin it whenever he was stuck, with his composing, this time.

"I told you, you are too skinny that's why you get cold way too easy," he lectured you but his hand moved to take his jacket on his other side. That black jacket with 'CHAN YEOL 61' on the back. Which was already big enough for him. And huge for you.

But since it was cold, you didn't really care to both his lecture and the hugeness of his jacket. You wore it anyway and easily find your comfort place again at his side. Even better than before, now you linked your arm to his. Not too tight that he couldn't move, but tight enough to your liking. "You can continue," you mumbled while snuggling your head to his shoulder and earn a little laugh from him as he put back on his earphone. Maybe that was ticklish.

But you could care less. It was cold and you were so sleepy, you've got warmth from his jacket and his own heat next to you, moreover the ever so calming scent of his perfume, his soap, his shampoo and he himself that was overwhelming.

You could sleep right here right now.

Or maybe you already did.

 

-

 

It was dark and you heard a loud shifting sound when you moved your arms. You moved your hips and you heard another loud shifting sound. It took a while for you to realize that it was not actually dark but you had been closing your eyes.

Blinking for something like a thousand times to adjust with your surroundings, slowly you raised to a sitting position, with still a loud shifting sound that you eventually knew was coming from Chanyeol's jacket you wore. You absorbed the information you gathered with half-asleep brain. It's already morning, from the sunrays coming through the window of living room, based on the angle, it was probably nine or ten in the morning. The weather was not anything brighter than last night, despite the sun that was shining, it's still cold so you pulled Chanyeol's jacket around you densely. And yes you woke up at the living room, lying flat at the sofa with your head on one of the arm rest and a blanket on your half lower body. You looked at the table and no trace of the dishes from your snacks last night.

You were just wondering where Chanyeol was when you noticed a paper stuck out from your laptop, between the lid and the keyboard.

I was going to bring you to your room but I'm afraid you'll wake up while you usually have a hard time going to sleep after doing your works so I just brought you an extra blanket, I hope you won't wake up freezing in the morning.

(How could he say that when he was the one who came home with only a long sleeved t-shirt?)

I only shared a small chat with your sister when she came home, she looked terribly tired. I'll head back to dorm once I finished this letter and cleaned up the table. I was thinking about going out tomorrow since we spent today at home, I'll pick you out at lunch, how about that? If you haven't wake up when I come, well I guess I have to take back this note and wake you up? Kkk.

Okay I'll get going, see you tomorrow, have a good sleep.

- P Chanyeol (2:23)

You felt like crying after reading his note. He just came back from overseas tour and you should be the one who took care of him but it was actually the other way. This was exactly why you loved him.

You buried your nose to his jacket, inhaling his scent, nothing's better than waking up to Chanyeol's scent. You would just wait for another minute to wake up before getting ready.

 

 


Yehet, see, no point and I still shamelessly posted it, right. I still hope you enjoyed it though. Oh, anyway, I made a new tumblr for my stories, in case some of you are more comfortable on tumblr, go find me here.

It's 3:58am in my place and I have my first day of third semester today, so cheer me up? Hahahahaha I was joking.

 

And however, I want to say my deepest condolence for Rise, Eunbi; I hope full recover for the rest of the member of Ladies Code; and I wish strength for them who are heartbroken due to this; I believe God always have the best decision. Since I can't really say anything, I'll just keep it this short.