Final.

You Can't Heal Me

My head throbbed as I drudged through the muddy roads of Seoul. Blood dripped from my lips, and my bruised face ached. It happened, again. I never fail to wonder, what did I ever do to compel these people to harm me? Did I offend them? Sighing, I let the questions fade away. The only ones who knew the answers were them. I didn't understand, I couldn't understand. As I reached my shared apartment, I pulled my hoodie further to cover my face. Taking out my keys, I unlocked the door. Is that person home yet? I took off my drenched shoes outside, not wanting to create muddy tracks inside. A warm feeling embraced me as I stepped inside. Of all days, it just had to rain today. I guess he wasn't home since there was no greeting at the door like usual. I also didn't identify his shoes anywhere, so he must not be here. With a sigh of relief, I collapsed on the couch. An unconscious tear rolled down my eye. Each day, one tear. I wiped it away as quickly as it had come. I had been hiding my injuries from him for a long time, knowing he would do something reckless. He would want to confront them. Them, the big bad bullies. I've been getting picked on ever since I transferred from America to Korea. Just because I was a bit different. Just because I looked different. At first, I never let them get to the best of me, but that started to wither when they resorted to physical harm. That was when I started to feel... scared. I felt, weak and helpless. The pain they have put me through is unfathomable. How can people be so cruel and idiotic? People join in on the bullying because they don't want to be the different one, the singled out. They join in to not get picked on. I couldn't believe it. Some people that I thought were my friends betrayed me.


"Please understand. We don't hate you, but we didn't want to be treated like you."


What bull. This crap was starting to get to me. It started to eat me up from the inside. This dark haze was now sinking in. I hate it. I hate them. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep on the couch. The sound of the doorknob jiggling woke me up. Unfortunately, my brain wasn't able to process the situation fast enough for me to escape to my room. He had already entered, and my blurry vision outlined his figure. He immediately approached me.


"Hey JJ."


Quickly grasping the situation, my eyes snapped open wide, and I sat upright. Trying to cover my face and arms, I turned away.


"JJ? Are you tired? Come on, I can carry you to your room."


"N-no. It's fine."


"Are you sure, JJ?"


He placed his hand on my shoulder, and I flinched at the pain that struck through me. The bruise wasn't gone. I was trapped. If I made a run for it, he would never leave me alone. If I make up an excuse of a lie, regardless, he would never go away. What to do?

"Jongup, I'm really tired, so can you just let me sleep on the couch today? I always thought it was much more comfortable.", I lied, trying to sound as fine as ever.

I waved him off, trying to get him to go away faster. I was scared of what he would do when he saw me. I could lie, but he'd see right through me. As I was waving him off, he abruptly grabbed my wrist. Yelping, I try to pull away. He quickly faces me. I turn my face the other way.


"J-JJ.. I-is that blood on your sleeve?"


My eyes widened, and I yanked my hand back.


"No. It's just paint."


He grabbed my shoulders, and he shook me a little.


"Tell me the truth."


I couldn't. He then grabbed my chin, making me face him. His eyes filled with horror as he saw my face. This time, all I could do was look away.


"What happened?"


A little laugh emitted from me as I collapsed back onto the couch. He fell on his knees in front of me. 


"You know better than to ask."


Something caught my attention. I felt something wet damping my jeans. Widening my eyes, I realized that it was his tears.


"Jongup..."


"Is this the first time?"


I thought about it. This was probably the 10th time it's happened ever since I enrolled to that school. Could I keep lying to him? He wouldn't believe me anyway, regardless of what I say now.


"No."


"Damn it, JJ!"


I could tell he was clenching his teeth from the way he was talking.


"Don't cry, Jongup."


My eyes were now teary. I looked at him, and I did my best to show him a smile. He didn't buy it. He placed a hand onto my left cheek.


"Have you been... crying?"


That question shocked me. Afraid I would stutter, I shook my head.


"Of course not."


He didn't buy it, again.


"Why didn't you tell me?"


I bit my lip, unsure as to how he would act to my answer.


"I didn't because you would then think of doing something stupid like trying to beat them up or something."


"Are you kidding?"


My eyebrows furrowed.


"I already think of kicking their . I would've done it by now if I knew that they've been hurting you. Oh my god. JJ, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that I couldn't protect you."


More tears have fallen from his precious eyes. He was all that I had left in this place, and I couldn't lose him. He was extremely dear to me, yet I don't let myself or anyone else acknowledge that fact.


"Jongup, don't cry. Please. I should be sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you. Well, I didn't want to tell you. You can't heal me, Jongup."


He exhaled.


"You should've told me because then I wouldn't feel like this. Why? Why Jay? God, I feel so damn useless as your friend."


"That's not it! I was protecting you. I'm not saying you aren't capable of taking care of those guys, but I don't want to see you getting your pretty face messed up. What I'm saying Jongup, is that I would probably die if you got hurt because of me!"


There was a pause. I thought he would have at least a small reaction to my outburst. Nope, his reaction wasn't small. Before I knew it, he had already captured me in a kiss. His hands held my face firmly, and the kiss was a bit rough. He bit my lip, asking for entrance. That shot me back to Earth. Almost reluctantly, I opened my mouth, just big enough. His tongue immediately dived through, and was exploring in no time. My hands were now on his shoulders as he knelt in front of me. Running out of breath, I pulled away.


"I-I'm sorry, JJ.... I just, I couldn't help myself."


I stared at the ground, surprised and confused. My crush, just kissed me. My hands went up to touch my lips, unconsciously. Jongup stood up.


"I shouldn't have-- I'm sorry. Damn it, JJ. Just forget about it okay?"


That's funny. I am never going to forget this. As he looked away, I tugged on his wrist. He turned his head, his eyes hesitant.


"Tell me why you kissed me."


He exhaled a sigh, and I looked up at him. As I stared into his small brown eyes, I hoped he would tell me something that I've been dreaming of for awhile.


"Please, Jongup?"


Another sigh. His whole body turned towards me, and he knelt down before me. Gently holding my hand, he showed me his killer smile.


"I kissed you because it was extremely painful to see the girl I loved getting hurt, and I wasn't there to protect you."


My heart melted, and it was hard to believe what I was hearing. In shock, I stared back at him, wide-eyed. He then cleared his throat.


"I was right. You don't feel the same."


He was about to stand up, but I leaned forward to attach my lips onto his. He knelt there, frozen. Pulling back, a smile lit up my broken face.


"Now, you don't know if that's true. You should never jump to conclusions you know? In fact, I've been in love with you since I met you."


"Really?"


A slight nod confirmed it. He jumped up and cheered. A surprising kiss on my lips expressed his happiness even more, and I smiled into the kiss.

"I don't care about what you think because you're wrong. I'll do whatever it takes to protect you, and even if I really can't heal you, I can protect you. You're the most beautiful person I have ever met, and I really love you."

With that, another kiss landed on my lips, but we didn't part this time. As we landed on the couch, his loving eyes locked with mine, and the I couldn't have cared less about those bullies.


A/N: I wrote thise because bullying has a huge effect on me. I hate it, and no one even knows. No one cares. I hoped that I could project my frustrations into this one shot, and I did. Two days ago, I fractured my foot because of a bully. I won't be able to go to school for a while. It's a sad thought to me. I hate bullies, and although they have their own issues, I really could care less. They don't have to take it out on someone. You're hurt? How much more pain will you inflict on me until you're healed? Grow up because I'm tired of just sitting tight, being the good guy. I'm done pitying the likes of you. That's all. I hope you guys like this although it was more of a drabble. I'm sorry, hahah. I just need to express some anger.