The beginning

Dissatisfaction

Ruki's life went upside down when he met Takashima Kouyou. This story belonging to the category of romance, one would expect he fell in love with Kouyou - which is not true. Ruki fell in love with hurting Kouyou.

It all started on the first day of elementary school. Ruki was very intelligent for his age so he started school a year earlier than he was supposed to. He was very proud of it, almost as proud as his mother was. But it didn't stop the other kids from picking on him. We all know first-graders are tiny, but Ruki was even tinier so as soon as he arrived at school, a few of his classmates started teasing him for it. "Teeny-Tiny Takanori!" they said.

Ruki was wiser than them and taught them a little lesson and they stopped teasing him in no time. Still, he had managed to get a friend of some sort - Kouyou. Kouyou had seen the other kids teasing Ruki at the school's gates and he had bravely told them to stop. They started bullying him instead of Ruki, and the latter easily sneaked away.

After their first class Ruki went to apologize Kouyou for not helping him. Kouyou had looked a bit upset, but cheered up as soon as he got an apology from Ruki. They spent the first day together.

On the second day of school, however, things got a bit weird. Ruki saw Kouyou getting bullied by some older students and intended to go help, but suddenly stopped as he saw Uruha's expression. There were tears pouring from his mahogany eyes and his plump lips were trembling. He had pulled his arms close to his body and he was clearly scared. Ruki was surprised to realize that he liked that look on Kouyou. And so, until the bell rang, he just stared at his new and only friend getting bullied.

That day he didn't talk to Kouyou. Instead he talked to other students from his class and managed to convince them to bully Kouyou more. During every break he peeked behind a corner to see the boy cry. This continued for a long time. He would watch Kouyou get bullied and get strange pleasure from it. He did feel a bit guilty, but every time he saw bullying again he forgot all about the feeling.

One day, as school had been going on for a couple of weeks, Ruki told his new 'friends' to go tease Kouyou after school - he didn't want any teachers to ruin the whole thing again. These friends were older than him and he thought they'd scare Kouyou more, so he even decided to be friendly with him that day just to see him even more hurt as he would realize his friend wouldn't come help.

Unfortunately someone ruined the thing. It wasn't a teacher, but a guy Ruki recognized from the class of his older friends. He shoo'ed the bullies away and comforted the crying boy, asking his name. Then he told his own name, Akira. At that time Ruki hated Akira for ruining his plans, but after a couple of months he actually started liking him quite the bit. He'd seen Akira at kendo practice and thought he was pretty awesome so he started practicing kendo too. He at it, but it just meant he could get tutoring from his new friend.

Soon Ruki was in a mess. For the first time it was a mess that he couldn't get away from, didn't know how to deal with it - his closest friend was best friends with a boy whom he loved hurting. It was complicated, but with a bit of threatening that he had learnt from his father (long story) he made sure Akira would never find out who was behind all the bullying.

And well, that's how Ruki's story started. At that point he had no idea what kind of trouble he would have to go through...


The first chapter is pretty short and boring but I promise it'll get better! *^__^*