Of All Stars

Of All Stars

September 1 that was the day I died…

               

(Your POV)

                This is the day… my last day…

                It has been three months, three months of enjoying the time left for me… then here it comes the last day, the date that I wished to be skip by every calendars in your homes… nevertheless it was just so sad that it haven’t granted and still everything has their own ending… life is really unfair since it was just quite nostalgic that in my case I’m reaching my ending without reaching my happiness.

                Three months ago, two months after the diagnosis of this illness of mine, I met this random guy. He’s tall and has this bright smile. I knew that meeting a guy like him had been one of my dreams… but… at that point… I wished that we haven’t met so there’s nothing to regret.

               

(Chanyeol’s POV)

                It has been three days, three days since I saw her I don't why I can feel something strange will happen today, it was as if coldness envelopes my whole body and someone’s hugging me with those cold arms.

                Three months ago when I met this random girl, she’s petite and a bit timid and with her pale skin and long old-fashioned cut hair, she’s absolutely not my type… but… at that point I have no choice, it may sound cliché but it seems that fate brought us at the same way where we should both meet.

               

(Your POV)

                I met him at the park, the park that was so memorable to me since it brought back memories of my mom. I’m sitting on the swing, feeling comfortable of the cold breeze and enjoying the chirping of the birds. When someone sat on other swing and spoke, “You look very sad, do you want some ice cream?” I took the time to stare at him and he’s smiling at me offering a cone of vanilla ice cream.

                I shook my head declining his offer, but he insisted, so I took it. The ice cream was good, well I really love vanilla ice cream. While finishing my ice cream with a smile he spoke again, “You look beautiful and refreshing when you smile, good thing that you like the ice cream…” I stared at him and he’s smiling while eating his ice cream.

                “Ah… I thank you” I stutteringly said while wiggling my toes still staring at him. He smiled back at me, stood up, messed my hair and waved his hand to bid goodbye, “Be happy every time” he said.

I want to call him to ask his name but I’m bound to two choices, “Yes or No”…

               

(Chanyeol’s POV)

                I met her on the park after my class, I got curious, why a decent girl like her was not attending school and I saw gloominess in her face. Being a born gentleman and  a sweet person I went to an ice cream parlor and bought two cones one for her and of course for me. I sat on the other swing asked her why she is sad and offered the ice cream. She shook her head but of course I insisted, gladly she accepted it.

                She was quite while eating her ice cream and I can’t help but to smile seeing a girl like her happy because of a simple treat.  I further complimented the way she smiles hoping that she might talk even short words like “yes or no”, but nothing, she stayed quiet.

                Then after she finished her ice cream, she stared at me then she thanked me, I think she summoned all her strength just to say those simple words since she was a bit stammering, but don’t get me wrong her voice was soft and angelic. I smiled at her, I guess seeing her smile and hearing her voice were enough. I messed her hair and bid goodbye, well, I even reminded her to be happy all the time.

But there’s one thing I forgot, I forgot to ask her name.

               

(Your POV)

                September 1, that's the day I died. The day my eyes closed, breathing stopped, thinking stopped and my heart beat stopped. I saw him that day, he's coming towards the swing while I happily enjoyed being tossed gently on the air. I can remember that I displayed my smile but he still seemed sad. He stared at me and I saw his face with aghast and he came running towards me.

“Chanyeol, you came...”

               

(Chanyeol's POV)

                September 1, that's the day the doctors assumed her death. How did I know? Some quick background check and stalking abilities. I tried to know everything about her. The hospital where she was admitted, her illness, everything. I actually visit her everyday on her sleeping hours on the afternoon, always bringing her flowers. But a day came, I've got caught by her while I'm placing the bunch of flowers on the vase.

                “So, you're the culprit behind those mysterious flowers, mister that I met on the park...” she sniggered softly that I thought to be so feminine. I nodded my head. “It might sound rude, but you haven't tell me your name?” I was struck by that question. Yes, she hasn't know my name but I know hers. “I'm Park Chanyeol” I shyly said. 

                “I'm Byul, nice to meet you, Chanyeol” she extended her hand and I gripped on it and shook it. “Nice meeting you again...”

               

(Your POV)

                September 1, that's the day I died.  When he stopped in front of the swing I knew, I stopped swinging and stood up to hug him because I missed him so much... “Chanyeol you came...”.

But.... September 1, that's the day I died.

               

(Chanyeol's POV)

                September 1, she promised to meet me on the park where I first met her three months ago. I'm excited because I'm going to tell her what I really felt for her, but I don’t know why I can feel something strange will happen today.

                I came at park and saw something rather shocking on the swings. I ran towards it. I stopped for a moment and then I felt coldness enveloped my whole body, as if someone's hugging me. The cold breeze touching my skin sent goosebumps and the wind is like whispering inside my ears... “Chanyeol you came...” Then, I felt hot tears run down from eyes.

                “Byul, are you there? Why of all stars, you're the only star who dimmed? Why?”

                Life could be so cruel and love could be so unfair. Why can't everybody have their happy endings? Or shall I say have happiness before the ending. Why... at the time that I know I love her? It hurts, that I didn't even tell her.  How can everything be so unfair...

                September 1, was when the red string that connects us was cut. September 1, was when my heart was broken. September 1 was when my love was first rejected without even saying it and...

September 1 was the day she died.


 

That's all Teehee (^ ^)

Thanks very much (^ ^)

Love lots