Our Firsts

Love For The Twinflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song inserted in this chap: My Everything by Lee Min Ho (credit to owner)

 

Park Shin Hye woke up to the bright sun seeping through the window. Her eyes twitched as she opened it slowly. She was surprised to find the space next to her on the bed empty. She pulled herself up into a sitting position as she scanned around the room. There was no sign of Min Ho around. She glanced at the clock and it was only 7am. He told her that they are going on a date today but how come he was missing early in the morning.

Just when she was about to get out of the bed, she saw a stalk of lavender colour rose laying on top of a small envelope on the bedside table. She took the rose and inhaled its sweet scent before opening the envelope and found a small card inside. Her lips curved up into a sweet smile when she read the message inside.

Dear Shin Hye,

Do you know that lavender rose is often a sign of enchantment and love at first sight? Those who have been enraptured by feelings of love and adoration have used lavender roses to express their romantic feelings and intentions. Besides, there are also meanings hidden in the number of roses. A single rose interpreted as love at first sight too.

Therefore, a single lavender rose is the best to describe my feeling towards you. You are always my ‘love at first sight’, my twinflower. All my deepest affections are only concentrated in you.

Remember our date today? I can’t promise it to be the most romantic day in your life but I will make it the most memorable day for you and me.

PS: Meet me at Ssamziegil Mall, Insadong at 10am. The driver will bring you there.

Love,

Min Ho

 

Shin Hye brought the rose to her nose and smelled at it again before pressing the card against her chest. A wide smile spread across her face as she felt the sweetness overload that was building in her. She looked at the rose she was holding and giggled. She wasn’t sure what was his plan for today but she knows no matter what he prepares for her, she will love it.

She placed the rose and the card on the bedside table as she quickly jumped off of the bed and rushed to the bathroom. She needs to prepare and make sure she won’t be late for their first date.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye stepped out of the car when the driver stopped right in front of Ssamziegil Mall in Insadong. She glanced down at her watch and it was now 9.55am. Most of the shops in the mall already opened but there weren’t a lot of people in there. She slowly walked inside and before she could take her phone out to call Min Ho, a little boy come running towards her. He was holding a small envelope and smiled sweetly at her.

“Hi, pretty noona. There is a handsome hyung asked me to give this to you.” He said as he handed the envelope to her.

Shin Hye laughed softly as she lowered herself down to his level and his head gently before she took the envelope from him. She was sure someone taught him to say those words. “Thank you so much cute little boy. May I know where is that handsome hyung who gave you this envelope?”

The little boy shrugged his shoulders and quickly ran away from her.

“Hey…” Shin Hye called out but the little boy has already gone. She straightened herself up as she opened the envelope and found a card in it, the same one she got this morning in the room.

Dear Shin Hye,

Pink rose has always been associated with feelings of love, gentleness and admiration. It’s generally looked upon as the flower of sweet thoughts and gentle emotions. It indicates an affection that may turn into deeper love. Innocent love that has not yet blossomed into a passion, a deep affection that has not yet reached its pinnacle is what the pink rose expresses. 

The first time I met you at the farm was when I saw your gentleness with my full admiration. It just felt like the innocent love that was waiting to blossom. Although it has been a while before it blossomed, but a beautiful flower like you is always worth the wait no matter how long.

Love,

Min Ho

 

Shin Hye let out a sweet smile before she put the card back into the envelope. Before she could think what to do next, she felt someone come near to her from behind and brought few stalks of pink roses near to her face, causing her to gasp in shock. The pink roses were tied neatly with a ribbon.

“There are seven stalks of pink roses here. It means nice meeting you…”

She smiled again when Min Ho voiced a soft, velvet purr in her ears as she turned slightly to the side and met his eyes.

“… and secretly in love with you.” He continued with his handsome smile.

Shin Hye took the roses from his hand and turned around to look at him. She laughed softly. “Are you going to keep giving me roses the whole day? Is this how you plan to woo me today?”

Min Ho smiled at her again. “I don’t know. I have never done all this before. I guess most of the girls like flowers especially you. I heard girls like to get flowers.”

Shin Hye laughed again. “Do you think I’m still a young little girl who likes all these cheesy stuff?”

Min Ho leaned forward and nuzzled her nose tenderly. “This is what I’m planning to do today. I want to let you know how it feels like when a young girl is being swept off her feet with all these cheesy stuff.”

Shin Hye nodded her head with a smile. “Okay. Let’s see what you can do. But first of all, why are we here now?”

Min Ho smiled sheepishly as he shrugged his shoulders. “Hmmm… I tried to google some romantic dating spots in Seoul and this place appeared to be one of the top 10 in the list. I guess it must be something special over here.”

Shin Hye parted her lips slightly, looking at him in disbelief. “What? You googled? You mean you have never been here before?”

Min Ho shook his head softly.

“Very romantic, Lee Min Ho.” Shin Hye sneered as she rolled her eyes.

He laughed awkwardly before wrapping his hand around her shoulder. “But look around this place. There are so many young couples here. I saw a lot of small shops and restaurants around. I bet this place must have something attractive and special. And dating includes hanging around, walking around for no reason, right.”

Shin Hye elbowed him playfully before they both laughed and start walking into the building with several floors around an open courtyard.

Ssamziegil is a small mall focussed on handicrafts and arts with lots of handmade accessories or goods. Min Ho and Shin Hye stopped at few snack carts and bought some taffy and rice cake, feeding each other while walking around, finding everything new and interesting. When Min Ho saw a cart where a young artist draw live cartoon sketches for customers, he pulled Shin Hye towards the cart and wanted to get one for them.

“Let’s draw a cartoon version of us. It will be very cute.” Min Ho said excitedly.

 

Shin Hye shook her head. “I don’t want. It will look very ugly.”

The young artist stood up of his chair and walked to them. “I guarantee it won’t look ugly. Both of you looked so beautiful together. I’m sure the sketch will look perfect.” He pulled Shin Hye to the stool and seated her on it before he pulled Min Ho too. “Sit down and give me a chance. Both of you are my first customer for today. I’ll give you some discount.” He said as he went back to his place and sits in front of them, starting to draw.

Min Ho held Shin Hye’s hand and smiled at her. “I’ll kill him if the sketch doesn’t look nice.” He whispered.

Shin Hye hit his hand softly before she laughed.

After about 15 minutes, the young artist puts his pencil down and passed the sketch to them.

“Here you go, the picture of you and your wife. Both of you are really looking good together.” The young artist said to them.

Shin Hye quickly shook her head. “No no no no… I’m not his…”

“Thank you so much. My wife looked beautiful in this. You are really a great artist.” Min Ho cut her off with a cheeky smile as he gave the artist a 50,000 won note. He was so happy with him addressing Shin Hye as his wife.

“That’s too much sir. It just cost 10,000 won for this sketch.” The artist said.

Min Ho put the note in his hand and patted his arm softly. “It’s okay. Just keep the change. You are talented. I’m sure your work will be recognized one day.”

The young artist bowed at him and smiled happily. “Thank you so much, sir.”

Both Min Ho and Shin Hye nodded at him before they walked away. Shin Hye hit his arm softly as she glared at him. “I’m not your wife. You shouldn’t make him misunderstood about us.”

Min Ho laughed. “Sooner or later you will still be my wife. So what’s wrong with that?”

Shin Hye rolled her eyes at him. “How can you be so sure? I still have a lot of choices. For example, my Seung... ahhh…” She winced and couldn’t finish what she wanted to say when Min Ho pinched her cheek.

“You better don’t ruin the romantic moment by saying his name today.” Min Ho glared at her.

“Jealousy brat.” She sneered as she took the sketch from him and started to laugh looking at the cartoon version of them. It does look like them in a cute way.

“This is funny.” She giggled as she continued to look at the sketch.

Min Ho smiled as he stared at her. “You looked so beautiful when you are laughing.”

Shin Hye looked up at his eyes and the smile on her face widened. “I’m laughing because I’m happy.” She slid her hand around his arm and leaned closer to him. “And I’m happy because of you.”

Min Ho grinned as he nuzzled her nose. “I’m happy too because of you.”

 

Their hands were entwined tightly together as they walked to the upper levels where there were a lot of small shops. Shin Hye stopped at a few shops that sold cards, stickers, brooches and some other small stuff. All of them were made by artists and it was all very nice and unique. She bought a few for So Won as she knows So Won like to keep cute cards and stickers.  

After they bought some stuff from the shops, they stopped at a traditional Korean restaurant and have a simple lunch. After that, they continued to walk upstairs until they reached the top floor. Both of them stopped walking when they came to an area where couples can hang cute plastic charms with messages around the trees and railings. There was a cart selling those plastic charms at the corner.

Shin Hye let go of Min Ho’s hand and slowly walked towards a tree where there were a lot of plastic charms hanged on it. She held one of the charms and read what was written on it. The sweet message that wrote on the lovely charm make her smiled. Just then, Min Ho enveloped her from behind with a plastic charm on his hand.

She looked at the charm he was holding as her eyes started to well with tears, reading the message he wrote on it.

“I had such a wonderful dream that you were mine, then I woke up smiling because I realized it was not just a dream. I’m the luckiest guy in the world since I have you. Thanks for bringing joy and love into my life.

I love you, Park Shin Hye.

Love, MH”

Min Ho held her hands in his, bringing the plastic charm upward and hanged it on the tree.

Shin Hye looked at their charm and bit her lip. She smiled with tears as she leaned her back against Min Ho’s chest.

“I started to feel butterflies in my stomach now.” She said softly.

Min Ho smiled as he tightened his arms around her. “Me too. Can you feel how fast my heart is beating against my chest?” He kissed her cheek before he whispered into her ear. “Whenever we are together, I have the best of times.” 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye’s eyes widened as her lips parted in awe. She looked at the empty ice rink in front of her before she turned to Min Ho.

“What are we doing in the ice rink?” She asked.

Min Ho chuckled. “What can we do in the ice rink except skating?” He grinned at her. “Don’t worry. I didn’t google this because I know skating is definitely one of the most romantic things to do in Seoul.”

Shin Hye bit her lip and looked at him nervously. “Oppa, I don’t know how to skate.”

Min Ho’s brows creased. “You can’t skate? How is it possible? Most of the people in South Korea can skate and ski.”

Shin Hye glared at him. “I’m not ‘most of the people’ okay. I told you I spent all my time in my studies and work in the past. I don’t go out with friends. I don’t have fun and I’m…” She pouted her lips. “I’m bad at balancing. I don’t even know how to cycle.” Her voice was getting softer and softer.

Min Ho laughed silently as he held her hand. “It’s okay that you don’t know how to skate. The main reason I bring you here was because I heard that this ice rink is one of the most popular dating spot.” He leaned forward and whispered to her. “Don’t worry, I’m a good skater. I won’t let you fall.”

Shin Hye looked at him, hesitated at first but then slowly nodded her head with a smile.     

After they were wearing their ice skating shoes, they entered the ice rink and Shin Hye slipped almost immediately. Min Ho quickly held tightly onto her hand and laughed softly.

“You are really that bad, huh?” He and earning a slap on his arm.

“I told you I can’t skate.” Shin Hye yelled at him.

“Okay, okay. Just hold my hand and you will be alright.” Min Ho grinned widely as he held her hands, glided in front of her. “Move your foot forward and glide carefully.”

Shin Hye took an awkward step as she glided carefully with her right foot. “Ahhh…” She screamed when she fell forward but Min Ho caught her in time. She groaned in frustration. “This is impossible.” She sighed deeply as she looked at Min Ho in annoyance. “This is so not romantic.”

Min Ho laughed as he tightened his grip on her. “It’s not that hard, okay. It’s just like running with socks. Try again. It will be more romantic when you learned to skate later.”

Shin Hye sighed again as she slowly moved her right foot forward and glided awkwardly while she put one of her arm on his shoulder. Min Ho rested his hand on her waist and slid backward slightly. She exhaled and glided her left foot. Slowly, her move became smoother and started to glide up to him. She fought to remain balanced as she continued to skate forward.

Min Ho smiled widely. “You are doing it very well.”

Shin Hye laughed as she looked at him. "I'm very smart you know."

Min Ho pinched her nose playfully. "It's because you have a very good teacher."

She stuck her tongue out at him. He chuckled as he slowly lead her along the ice skating ring, both hand in hand. He speeds up a little and she was slipping here and there at first, losing her balance. But he led her perfectly and she slowly caught up with the pace. They were having fun skating around the rink, teasing and laughing at each other.

As they were slowing down and skate very slowly around the rink, Shin Hye looked around and raised her brows in confusion. She started to notice something strange. She turned to Min Ho and looked at him. “How come there are no other people in this rink?” She was curious why the whole indoor skating rink was so quiet and in fact, only both of them in the whole building.

A big mischievous smile grew on Min Ho’s face. “I… sort of booked the whole rink.” He paused and grinned. “I mean I reserved the whole building.”

Shin Hye looked at him in shock. “What?! Reserved the whole building?” No wonder there were no one when they entered the building except for the security guards and staffs.

Min Ho nodded. “I don’t want anybody to disturb us.”

“But the whole building? How much did you spend?” Shin Hye asked again.

He pursed his lips. “Let’s not think about the money. I have a lot.” He smiled innocently. “Since you can skate so well now, let me give you a test.”

Shin Hye sighed helplessly. “What test?”

He swirled her around and was now standing behind her. He stretched his arm and pointed at the opposite end of the rink. “Can you see something is over there?”

Shin Hye narrowed her eyes and nodded slowly. She saw something but couldn’t see it clearly. “What is that?”

Min Ho smiled. “If you want to know what is that, skate over there and find out yourself.”

Shin Hye turned her head around and looked at him. “Skate there? Alone? Without you holding me? I don’t think I can do that.”

“Try. I’m sure you can. You can skate quite well now. Don’t worry. I’ll follow right behind you. I told you I won’t let you fall.” Min Ho assured her.

She sighed softly before she started to glide forward, skating very carefully and slowly. As she got nearer to the front, she smiled when she saw few stalks of red roses with a small envelope lying on the ice rink floor. Her smile got wider as she turned around, looking at Min Ho.

"Another one? How many roses are you going to give me today? First was purple, then pink and now red. What next? Are you really going to sweep off my feet with just all these roses and sweet messages?"

Min Ho smiled as he shrugged his shoulders.

She leaned down and picked it up. She looked at the white roses and there are 3 stalks of it. She inhaled into its sweet scent before opened the envelope. She took out the same card and started reading it.

Dear Shin Hye,

The most obvious and well known meaning of the red rose is deep love and affection. It symbolized true love that would stand the test of time, promising affection that is forever. It also denotes a true love that is stronger than thorns and can outlive all obstacles.

The red rose interpreted as the throbbing heat of new love and the ultimate expression of romance and abiding love. A single red rose simply expresses “I love you very deeply.” With giving you 3 stalks of red roses this time, I just want to convey this very simple yet powerful message to you.

I love you.

Love,

Min Ho

 

Min Ho glided towards her as he embraced her tightly from behind. “I don’t say it enough, but I really wanted to let you know that I love you.” He whispered into her ear.

Shin Hye’s eyes reddened as she looked down at the red roses. “How can you be so sweet? I didn’t just feel butterflies in my stomach now. I feel like the whole world stop spinning and only left our hearts that were still beating.” She paused as she turned around, meeting his eyes and looked into it deeply.

“People said love hurts and I was afraid to hold your hand. But I’m glad that I made the right decision to take the courage and stay by your side.” She said as she looked down and held Min Ho’s hand. She then looked up at him again with a soft smile. “I used to hate my life when I found out about my sickness. But after meeting you, I love my life now. I love my life because it gave me you. And I love you because you are my life.”

Min Ho brought his hand to her face and wiped her tears away with his thumb. He smiled at her. “People also used to say that you only fall in love once…” He shook his head softly as he continued. “… but that ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter