Chapter 6

증상 (Symptoms)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7:45 P.M.

"Then tell me what I can do sir. Please, Sehun is one of my closest friends and believe it or not, one of my best employees here, I can't just let this happen."

"Mr. Wu, this is simply out of my hands, and I genuinly do not understand why we are having this conversation."

"But you are the head of the Korean asylum board!"

"And you, the head of the asylum establishment you were assigned to, are supposed to know your place!"

"Sir I-"

"Mr. Wu, save it. Sehun was convicted of a serious crime.... this won't go down well with the rest of the asylum board."

"You actually believe that garbage?"

"Mr. Wu-"

"Sir, you actually believe that Sehun would hur-... you actually think that he would ever look at someone like he would want to harm them in that manner?"

"Mr. Wu, you have nerve throwing this on me."

"With all due respect sir, you have to be out of your ing mind!"

"Yifan!"

"I can't... I can't do this."

Jongin's P.O.V.

5:45 P.M.

"I couldn't be in more shock. I mean, an acusation like this? It's absurd!" Chanyeol had nearly been preaching as he paced back and forth in the office that we seemed to have never left since this morning.

"I mean who would do such a thing? Sehun would never!" He shouted this time, wide eyed, charging back and forth this time rather than pacing.

"Chanyeol would you calm down? It's bad enough."

"What will Nari think? I mean, does she even know?! They just arrested him like the animals they are!"

"Chanyeol please-"

"And to think! To think the authorities are here to bring actual criminals instead of dear frie-"

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun nearly screamed at Chanyeol for him to stop.

Chanyeol looked to him, then to me as if I were the one who screamed at him as well as Baek. He spun around, looking at the rest of our close friends, as they all had nearly shared the same expression.

"We don't know what's going on, just like you. We sure as hell aren't going to find out if you keep standing here yelling at us like some kind of preacher." Baekhyun stated more calmly, but still with a raised and serious tone.

Chanyeol lowered his shoulders, joining in the silence like the rest of us.

"Where's Kibum?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he looked around.

"You were too busy yelling hyung, to realize." I began. "He said he was going to the toilet."

He had murmured an "Oh" and stood beside me by the door.

"We need to go see him." Junmyeon spoke. "I mean... we don't even know what happened that night, he must be terrified." He spoke with worry as he kept his face in a frown of concern.

He was more than right. We have no idea how this happened, how this could've possibly happened to Sehun.

Oh Sehun, someone who wouldn't even kill a bug, because he believes it may affect him in the afterlife.

Then there was this part of me, who had the suspicions. I've known the man all my life...

but anybody was capable of committing a crime or at least being involved in one.

--

-The Night Before-

"I'll see you all at work tommorow, if I show up."

"Sehun, no jokes! Come to work!"

"Yeah, yeah."

Sehun smiled and chuckled to himself as he started to walk toward his car, soon driving off.

The streets were snowed on heavily in Seoul, but nothing nobody couldn't handle.

Along a stop light, a car of authority pulled behind Sehun's car, which at first, hadn't been anything to mind in Sehun's opinon.

The slightly swining traffic light had turned green, and for the entire time, the car had followed Sehun all the way to his home, parking just behind him.

With nerves bursting through his body, Sehun had stepped out of his car slowly, glancing behind him as two police officers exited their car as well.

"Excuse me, sir?" A tall and very thin officer approached him. He sniffled, wiping a bit of nose drippings on his hand, then proceeded to wipe it on his attire.

Sehun's face would have scrunched in digust if he wasn't so petrified at the moment.

He mentally cursed at himself. There was nothing to be nervous about, he thought. There was nothing he possibly could've done to have alert the authorities.

"Sir." He began, pointing his numb by now index finger at Sehun. "Are you Oh Sehun?"

Sehun stood up straight, nodding his head in what seemed like slow motion.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter