001

What Is Love?

Hi, Yoon Jiyoon is the name and I’m an 18 years old student, currently studying at Joongdong High School.

 

I am not a genius but hey I’m a good student myself! My favourite subject is Biology and my dream is to be a doctor. However, I haven’t decided what kind of doctor I want to be in the future. This is because I have phobia of seeing people in pain. It’s like I can feel the pain and ughh blood!

 

 Anyway, I live with my parents and my younger brother Yoon Jihoo. My dad is a company worker and my mom is a housewife. My younger brother is still attending a middle school. We are just a small, middle-class family but we live in harmony. I have a pet cat too! His name is

 

 Since my dad is getting older and is going to retire anytime soon, I have been working at a cafe as my part-time job after the classes have ended. I need to save money for emergency purposes. Well, we never know what future have in us.

 

“Ya! Yoon Jiyoon!” I stopped walking and looked at my back. There she was, my best girl friend of my life – Yoon Bomi, panting hard as she ran after me.

 

“Yo!” I greeted her as she came closer.

 

“Sup? Getting sweaty on the first day of school? What a spirit!” I laughed at her.

 

“Aish.. whatever, let’s go to the Auditorium!”  She grabbed my hand and we walked there.

 

As we arrived, the hall was packed with students of all years. Bomi and I were in our senior year. We took a seat in the middle and settled down as the Principal was giving his speech followed by other teachers regarding the school regulation and stuff.

 

“Man, just how long are these old hags gonna keep us?” nagged Bomi and I just shrugged.

 

30 minutes later, we were dismissed and many students were speed walking for the entrance to go to their respective homerooms.

 

“Geez, and this?” Bomi groaned at the crowd.

 

“Cheer up girl, at least we are in the same homeroom” I chuckled and pat her shoulder when somebody accidentally or not, pushed me to the side.

 

“Oomph!”  I grunted as I hit something hard.

 

“Ughh!” or rather someone.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry!” I straightened up myself and apologised to a...

 

 tall figure....

 

A tall man....

 

A very good looking man.

 

I was stunned as I looked at him in the eyes and he stared back. There was something about him that drawn me to him.

 

His eyes,

 

They were grey.

 

“It’s okay” He looked away and walked off.

 

I remained glued to the ground and looked at his back for another few seconds until...

 

“Jiyoon-a, are you alright?” Bomi shook my shoulders and brought me back to reality.

 

“Ah, yeah. I’m fine. We have to go otherwise we’ll be late” I grabbed her hand as we walked to our homeroom.

 

Have I seen him before? I asked to myself and I shook my head.

 

We entered the class and took the unoccupied seats nearby the windows. Not all students had arrived and the homeroom teacher too, was not here yet.

 

“Uri jagi¬” A man suddenly popped out of nowhere and hugged Bomi.

 

Uhh I forgot to tell. Bomi had a boyfriend- Luhan, who happened to be my best friend as well. That Chinese cutiepie.

 

“Hey, enough it you two!” I frowned as they held each others’ hands lovingly.

 

“Pfft! Don’t you know how much I miss my honey?” Luhan pouted. Darn it.

 

“Oh I see, so now that you two are together, you guys totally have forgotten about me? I see¬” I slumped back to my seat.

 

“Hey, that’s not what I mean Uri JiJi¬” He playfully pinched my cheek and I swatted his hand away and they laughed.

 

“ Meanie couple” I mumbled.

 

They were talking about something when suddenly Luhan whined as he wanted to sit next to Bomi but apparently there were no more empty seats around us. I sighed and let Bomi to be seated next to him at the back.

 

“Sorry” She mumbled and I just shooed them away.

 

“Thankies JiJi!” Luhan smiled happily.

 

These two had been together since childhood so I guess they were just inseparable. I chuckled to myself and took out my notebook and pencil case to get ready for today’s well.. if we have lesson that is.

 

 I took out my pencil when suddenly I felt vibration in my pocket and accidentally dropped it.

 

I was about to take it when a hand grabbed it before me. I looked up and stunned as it was the same person whom I had bumped into.  The tall, grey-eyed man.

 

He gave it to me and I thanked him. He took a seat and that was when I realised he was sitting next to me, the same seat that was once taken by Bomi.

 

Suddenly, I felt the same vibration again and I took out my phone.

 

Bomi: Girl, sorry bout that.

Bomi: Ahayyy look! Someone seems to be sitting next to a hottie ;D

 

A smile cracked on my face.

 

Jiyoon: Yeah, thanks to certain someone!

 

I replied to her sarcastically. I looked at my back and saw her grinning and I just rolled my eyes. I took a glance to my left and saw him spacing out the window. Man, how can a person looked so charming without even trying?

 

Little did I know, this was the beginning to something new in my life.