CHAPTER 3

My Angel, My Love, My Heart

 

Two cloaked figures stood on the rooftop of the highest building, overlooking the city of Seoul. One of the figures was caressing the Book of God with a satisfied smile on their face.

“Why did we steal the book now? This wasn’t part of the plan, Nephthys.” The second figure questioned, looking around nervously.

“For a goddess of mischief and folly, you are too jumpy and cautious but then again, Ate’, I don’t match my persona. I am a beautiful woman and a goddess of Death and decay.” Nephthys said disdainfully, the grip she had on the book tightening slightly.

“I’m just saying that we should have waited for Erebus and the twins, that’s all.” Ate’ stated with a piercing glare.

“It will be better this way, Heaven and Hell are already preparing against each other, both sides will destroy and ruin each other for this book.” Nephthys laughs sinisterly while Ate’ watches her with uncertainty.

“We will get caught too quickly if you are too impatient, Nephthys.” She insists as Nephthys rolls her eyes at the young goddess and her lack of spontaneity.

“You worry too much, Ate’.”

A male figure appeared before them, flashing a bright charming smile. He knelt in front of Nephthys, taking one of her hands and lifting it to his lips for a kiss.

“Erebus.” Nephthys mewled almost wantonly that Ate’ felt the urge to gag watching the two of them.

“Um…where are Enyo and Eris? You were supposed to be watching them!” The young goddess scolded, having noticed that the twins were not present which meant that they were someplace, unsupervised, running wild.

“Relax, the twins are on a little errand for me.” Erebus says to the little goddess, but he never took his gaze away from Nephthys, the two of them communicating through telepathy.

“Did you do what I ordered?”

“Yes, everything is going according to plan.”

“Good, once the twins are finished with your errand, I want them placed near that angel café for information.”

“You think that café could be a potential energy spot?”

“I won’t know unless you send them to investigate for me, now go.”

“As you wish.”

Erebus stood up and walked to the ledge of the building, turning around to face them with his arms spread out.

“I take my leave ladies.” He announces before falling backwards and disappearing right before their eyes.

Ate’ knew something else was going on, she felt like she is missing out on details and it irked her.

“What were you and Erebus talking about before?” She asked Nephthys, her tone demanding.

The goddess of Death and decay only laughed but her eyes were void of joy and mirth, she stood up toe to toe with the young goddess of mischief and folly.

“My my, a bit paranoid today, aren’t we?” She says mockingly, poking Ate’s nose with one of her sharp, claw like nails.

“Don’t start getting ideas about shutting me out, Nephthys. I have as much riding on this as you do, and I will not be made a fool of!” Ate’ seethed, slapping away Nephthys’s hand and vanishing with the wind.

Nephthys smirked to herself, the little goddess reacted just as she imagined she would and it was only a matter of time before every piece comes into play and they get what they have always desired.

~

As promised, Siwon and Shindong went to the mall to buy Shindong a new alarm clock, the chubby male was beaming with excitement the whole time. Looking at all the assorted styles and colours, pulling Siwon along making the saleswomen chuckle behind their hands at his cuteness.

“I know you are happy, but can you tone it down a bit?” Siwon asks with pleading eyes as Shindong dragged him to the next shelf of clocks, he was starting to feel embarrassed, keeping his head down and avoiding eye contact with the other customers in the store.

After what seemed like an eternity, they finally left the mall and began making their way home, Siwon had called his chauffer, Changmin, quickly realising that the buses have stopped running. The two waited in front of the bus stop opposite the mall, Shindong sat on the bench fawning over his new clock while Siwon laid on the remainder of the metal bench enjoying the cool breeze, he couldn’t stop thinking about the face he saw this afternoon, when he had told Shindong what he saw, the elder dismissed it, telling him it was only his minds playing tricks on him.

BEEP! BEEP!

Shindong tapped Siwon’s leg to get his attention as he saw the familiar car slow down and stop directly in front of them. Siwon sat up as the windows went down, revealing his chauffer, Changmin.

“You rang?” He says in jest, giving them a mock salute as Shindong opened the door for Siwon and himself.

Two figures hidden in the shrubs watched the car leave, the chilly night air having no effect on them as they removed the hoods they were wearing. They stepped out of their hiding place, brushing of the leaves on their cloaks.

“Are you sure he’s the one Enyo?” One of them asked.

“Of course, I’m sure Eris, my talisman never lies.” Enyo replies confidently as she holds up her ancient talisman right in front of her brother’s face.

“That’s what you said about Achilles and look how he ended up.” Eris scoffed haughtily, rolling his eyes.

“His mother was an idiot, I specifically told her to put all of him in the river.” She muttered in her defense before she started swinging her talisman side to side, chanting an ancient spell.

Flickers and sparks of light appeared all around them before coming together and forming the shape of a person, Enyo shared a pleased look with her brother, she was glad she had gotten it right this time.

‘Go! Awaken your reincarnation!” She ordered the Light being as it whooshed away with a strong gust of wind.

“So, it seems you were right after all, bravo for not failing Enyo.” Eris said, sarcastically clapping to his sister as they began making their way to tell Nephthys the good news.

Meanwhile Siwon had just settled into his warm bed, thinking about the odds things that happened to him, slowly drifting off to sleep. A gentle gust of wind entered the bedroom, carrying the figure of lights, it stopped before the bed, peering down at the sleeping male.

“I hope you have more luck in this life.” A light voice whispered solemnly as it reached out and touched Siwon’s forehead.

A burst of light shone from the figures hand, illuminating the whole apartment. It sent tremors to the dimensions of Heaven and Hell, Leeteuk and Heechul felt the tremor through their bodies, making one sigh regretfully and the other smirk triumphantly.

“It is time.”

~

“We have to what?!”

Ryeowook and Sungmin exclaimed in unison when Leeteuk told them their new assignment, both having mixed feelings about it. Yesung, Donghae and Henry watched in amused and sympathetic silence, sipping on some ambrosia wine.

“This is an order that you will follow.” Leeteuk said staring them down, Sungmin stomped his foot in defiance.

“I am not being a maid for a mortal! That is so degrading to me, I don’t care who he is! These hands do not do manual labour, Leeteuk!” He cried, rubbing his soft hands together.

Leeteuk sighed at his whining, turning to Ryeowook.

“Anything you want to say? Speak now or forever hold your peace.” He asked the rookie angel, waiting for his response.

“I can’t cook, can’t Sungmin and I switch jobs?” he said timidly and winced when Sungmin suddenly yelled at him.

“Yah! These hands don’t cook either!” Sungmin interjected in a y tone before leaving the room, Henry following him with a bottle of wine and two glasses.

Leeteuk rubbed his temples, these angels are like children only much worse, he thought to himself. He should be used to Sungmin’s childish outbursts, but it didn’t make them any less tiring for him, he looked at Ryeowook, who was still standing in front of him. Unsure if he should follow Sungmin’s example and leave the room, Leeteuk ruffled the young angel’s hair affectionately.

“You can go, Ryeowook. Just make sure to be ready to leave in a few hours.”

“Okay, Teukie.”

Ryeowook bowed to the three senior angels left in the room and made his way out, Yesung and Donghae both gave Leeteuk a knowing look. Regardless of the tantrum he displayed, Sungmin always did as he was told.

“Do you think sending both is a good idea, Leeteuk? The Reapers will be watching us.” Donghae points out with concern on his face.

“The reapers are the least of my problems, the soulmate mark appeared on Ryeowook yesterday.”

“What?!” Yesung and Donghae bellowed, eyes and mouths wide open in shock.

“Then why are you sending him to earth? Let him stay in Heaven.”

“That would be the same as killing him myself, I can’t watch him die, if he is protecting the Choi heir then maybe he’ll meet someone. Kill two birds with one stone.”

“There is no guarantee he will find his soulmate, then what will you do?”

“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.”

Yesung and Donghae were both feeling uneasy at Leeteuk’s answers, their leader always had a plan but this time it seemed like he was being led blind, as if he couldn’t make out the correct path. Yesung felt that sending Ryeowook to earth was an unwise decision on Leeteuk’s part and he hoped that it worked out for all their sakes.

“I hope you know what you are doing Teuk, for Ryeowook’s and all our sakes.” He says with an ambiguous expression, leaving to do guard duty.

Leeteuk sighed heavily, turning to Donghae, who only gave him a reassuring smile and a gentle pat on the back.

“All will be well but I’m asking if you could check in on them when you can. Keep them on the right track, can you do that for me?”

“You know I’d do anything for you, Teuk.” Donghae says leaning up towards him and placing a chaste kiss on his lips before leaving the room to help Ryeowook prepare.

~

“I can’t believe Teuk is making me accompany Ryeowook! As a fricken maid as well! Henry, why is he punishing me like this?!”  

Sungmin drunkenly wailed, stumbling around his room, randomly grabbing things to pack into his knapsack, complaining about injustice he has suffered. Henry could only watch in hilarity; the ambrosia wine did an excellent job of making Sungmin’s anger disappear but a drunken Sungmin was a whiny one. He kept nodding at whatever the drunk male said finding he didn’t want to leave just yet since Sungmin was keeping him entertained.

He poured Sungmin another glass of wine, offering it to him and frowning as Yesung came into the room suddenly, taking the wine out of Sungmin’s hands and throwing it into the fireplace.

“Why are you getting him drunk, Henry?” Yesung ordered, making Sungmin sit down on the bed.

“He needed to relax, Yeye. He was stressing out too much.” Henry said with a shrug of his shoulders, deciding that this was not fun anymore and exited the room, taking the bottle of wine with him.

“You should lay down for a bit, Sungmin.” Yesung suggested softly, pulling back the covers of the bed and tucking the drunk angel under the covers.

Sungmin was quiet as he regarded Yesung for a few moments, opening his mouth to ask a question he should have asked a long time ago.

“Why did you come between us, Yesung?”

Yesung froze as soon as the words left Sungmin’s mouth, his heart hammering furiously against his chest. How could he answer that question when whatever response he gives will sound like a pathetic excuse?

“Why did you go after him when he and I were perfectly happy together?”

He knew Sungmin deserved the truth, but he didn’t want him to be hurt by it, he decided a long time ago to carry that burden in him locked away forever. Sungmin never knew what Kyuhyun was really like, he could not see past his rose-coloured glasses to notice the signs and so Yesung intervened in the most selfish way possible and he paid the price for it.

“You should sleep this off, you can’t do your mission suffering from a hangover.”

Yesung hated that he still couldn’t physically tell Sungmin the truth, the drunk angel stared at him as if trying to decide whether to keep questioning him and then his eyes slowly started to close until finally, he was asleep. Yesung sighed, gazing at Sungmin’s sleeping form and thinking maybe one day, he should tell him the truth and then the gap between them could start to heal. He got up to leave when he heard Sungmin softly groan out the name of their misery.

“Kyuhyun-ah.” The sleeping male breathed out, a smile forming on his lips.

“If only you knew the truth, but I think even then you would still love him.” Yesung whispered sadly, exiting the room and failing to see a tear roll down Sungmin’s face.

~

Siwon awoke with a new energy about him that was unexplainable, considering how late he went to bed last night and yet he didn’t mind it, only wishing he woke up like this more often. He showered and dressed, making his way to the kitchen where to his surprise, he found his parents and two of his sisters there, chatting and drinking coffee.

“Morning.” He greeted walking over too his mother and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“You are looking particularly bright today, little brother. Did you have a good dream last night?” Irena, his third oldest sister asked with a sheepish smile as Siwon hugged her.

“I had a good sleep if that is what you meant.” Siwon said, ignoring sister’s rude implication and moved on to hugging his other sister, Wendy.

He got himself a cup of coffee, sitting down beside his parents, wondering what they were doing here so early in the morning that warranted a sudden visit, even his sisters’ presence in his house was a rare thing to see.

“So why are you guys here this morning?” He says cutting to the chase, noticing the sideways glances his parents were sharing.

“Well son, since you are nearly finished with your studies, we think it time for you to settle down-,”

“No.” Siwon immediately says in a firm tone, cutting off his father and glaring at his parents with evident disapproval.

“You know I won’t an arranged marriage so why do you keep pushing and forcing it? I said I would only marry for love and that is what I am going to do. Remember to lock up when you leave.”

Siwon grabs his bag off the counter and leaves his apartment, not even giving his sisters’ a backward glance, getting in the lift to head down to the parking garage where Changmin was waiting for him.

“Are you okay, Siwon?” The driver asked as Siwon gets into the car, taking note of the beyond annoyed expression on his face.

“My parents are here.” He replies monotonously, telling Changmin everything he needed to know and proceeded to drive to Shindong’s place.

As Siwon looked out the window, he noticed two boys with knapsacks on their backs, stop in front of his building and take out what looked to be a map. He would be a fool not to notice how beautiful the pair looked but of them in particular got his attention. He’d swear he’s seen that boy somewhere, he just couldn’t remember where. Siwon felt his heart fluttering the longer he stared at the boy and continued to do so until he could no longer see him, he had to remember where he’d seen him, he felt it in his bones that it was important.

By the time he got to Shindong’s place, he was half convinced he’d gone crazy, that the boy was just a figment of his imagination, that he’d conjured up to hide his feelings of loneliness. When Shindong slid into the seat beside him, the chubby male was all smiles until he looked up at Siwon and for a brief moment, he was quietly staring at him before suddenly enveloping him in a tight hug.

“Yah, what’s with you this morning?” He asked in confusion as his chubby friend held onto him, showing no sign of letting go.

“I’m so glad you are back, my Lord.”

He heard the words Shindong cried out and it was as if time stopped, the air around him felt still as he closed his eyes, flashes of memories and the feelings they carried ran though his entire body, he reopened his eyes, looking down at Shindong as his lips stretch into a smile.

“Its good to be back, my loyal friend.”

 

 

 

 

Finally updated, sorry for the long wait. enjoy the chapter, my loyal readers. :)