CHAPTER 1

My Angel, My Love, My Heart

The moon was at it's highest peak in the dark, star dusted sky, it's beams of light shining. A chill wind whistled through the canopies of the tall oak trees, on a secluded path leading to the mountains, two shadows were hurriedly making their way through the forest. 
Their footsteps quickened at the sound of an owl's hoot or twigs cracking at the sudden change in temperature. One of them stopped and looked back, ensuring that they weren't being followed and removed the hood that was covering his face.

 

"My Lord, please reconsider. This plan will get us both killed." The shortest of the pair said pleading, his eyes wide in alarm as he looked at thier surroundings and his Lord. He clutched the straps of the travelling bag tight, as if it were a cure for his fast beating heart.
 

"We will not be killed Dong Hee." His Lord stated calmly. 
 

"I will not let those spawns of Hell hurt my people or family any more."
 

He patted Dong Hee's shoulder in comfort as for he himself felt none, he feared for his families' future. If he failed backstabbing Hell, it would not go unpunished and it would only be a matter of time before Hell's Reapers were unleashed to find him. He knew DongHee wanted no part in it, it seemed heartless to make him endanger his life for something he started. 
 

"DongHee, you have been by my side since we were children. I am eternally grateful that I had you with me all these years. You have been my guardian angel." 
 

DongHee eyed his Lord with confusion, why was he saying that to him? And why did it sound like they were never going to see each other again? He moved closer, searching his freind's face for any tell-tale signs of emotion but there were none, his face remained stoic.
He sat down on a nearby boulder and continued to eye his friend, he was never one to voice out his feelings and the fact that he was starting to do so now troubled DongHee greatly. His master lightly chuckled as he scrutinised his behaviour. 

 

Suddenly the air around them got colder, a light blanket of fog started to appear, DongHee shot up from the boulder and grabbed his masters' arm in alarm. A loud howl could be heard in the distance, making both men lose colour in thier faces. 
 

"DongHee, we have to run. We aren't that far from the temple, if we reach it first we will be safe." Lord Choi told him before both sprinted in the direction of the temple. 
 

The howling began to come closer and closer, DongHee felt his whole body cramp, he stopped running as his legs gave way, collapsing on his knees.
"Go on without me, Master!!" He heaved, trying to get air into his lungs.

 

"No! We go together!" 
 

"I'm only slowing you down, my Lord. You'll reach the temple faster on your own." DongHee explained as he took the travelling satchel off his back.

" I'll distract them and give you some more time." 
 

Lord Choi stood still, his didn't want to leave his friend behind, it was slowly breaking his heart. Another howl rang through the forest, making DongHee's skin crawl, he began unpacking things from his satchel. 
 

"Go my Lord! Get away!" He shouted at his hesitant friend with pleading eyes. He sighed in relief as his friend finally turned and ran, leaving his alone. 
 

"May the Angels protect you, my friend." 
DongHee drew a circle of salt around him, sat in the middle of it and lit a special candle to hide the scent of his master from the hellhounds. He began praying to the Heavens for his friends safety, his chanting echoing in the silent forest.

 

"Your prayers won't save him."
DongHee opened his eyes at the voice and found himself staring directly into the red eyes of a hellhound, just outside the salt circle. His eyes searched for the owner of the voice but there was no one in sight, the Hellhound gave a lowly growl, it's paws scratching at the earth beneath them. 

 

"I didn't think humans were this dumb." 
DongHee blinked and then it dawned on him, the Hellhound was the one talking to him but why? Why not kill him straight away? 

 

"Why haven't you killed me yet?" He asked the Hellhound 
 

"Your master is my priority but should you become a nuisance, I shall get rid of you. Points for the candle." The Hellhound huffed
 

"I'm not telling you which way he went so you might as well just kill me now dog."DongHee told the animal with a defiant and firm voice, his eyes showing no fear. He was glad to sacrifice his life for his beloved friend. 
 

"First of all, it's Kai not dog and second, you have some guts for a human which are about to be spilled all over the forest floor." Kai growled, leaning back on his haunches. 
 

The wind picked up, DongHee started chanting again until he felt hot air against his neck, followed by a sharp, piercing pain. He slumped as he felt his blood leaving his body.
 

"I hope you know you sacrified yourself for nothing." Kai chortled, laughing  at DongHee's naive nature. His ears perked up as he heard his master's call and disappeared in a cloud of black smoke.
 

DongHee felt his life slowly leaving him, the pain in his neck was gone as  coldness took over, he slumped against a tree. Tears made their way down his pale cheeks as he looked up into the starry sky. 
 

"Please, Servants of Heaven, hear my prayer. For I leave this world full of regret, regret of not helping my Lord like I should have. For not protecting him. Please ensure that my bloodline remains so that thier will always be someone to protect my Lord in the future. I pray for my Lord's safety and that he lives the remainder of his life in peace and prosperity." DongHee violently coughed, blood filling his mouth, his breathing becoming raspy. 
 

"Please fufill my wish so that I may rest in peace in the knowledge that I did not fail my master completely. Please..." His eyes slowly closed as he drew his last breathe. 
 

A figure appeared before the lifeless body of DongHee, a hand slowly reached out to touch the dead man's face. The figure felt compassion for the life that was not meant to be taken so soon.
 

"You were a loyal and kind man, DongHee and God has granted permission to answer your prayers. You will be reborn each time a choi heir is born and you will keep living this life until you feel no more regret and are at peace with yourself. May your spirit find enlightnment in Limbo as you wait to be reborn." 
The figure straightened up, looking at the mountain before disappearing in a shimmer of white light. 
~
Lord Choi's face relaxed with relief as he reached the temple, his skin marked with dirt and sweat, his clothes torn and filfthy. He staggered to the stone alter that was in the centre, placed in front a an Angel statue and placed the cloth wrapped item he had taken from his satchel onto the cold stone. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up, quickly turning around to find he was not alone. 
The darkness shielded their appearance so Lord Choi lit up the torches that were on the pillars. The light revealed the 5 intruders that stood before the temple, calm and unmoving. Lord Choi's eyes widened as the sight of the man in the middle with a smirk on his feminine face. 

 

"Heechul? You're a Reaper?" 
 

Disbelief painted his features as he contintued to stare at the person he thought was his most trusted advisor. He felt stupid for not noticing the man's deception sooner. 
 

"Guilty but enough about me, you have something that belongs to my master so be a good little lord and give it back." Heechul spoke smirking at him, with his cat-like eyes. 
 

"No, your master didn't hold up his end of the deal." Lord Choi looked back at the cursed item on the altar. 
 

It was the only thing that could save him and ensure that the King of Hell gave him what he promised. A part of him knew that making a deal with the underworld wouldn't be easy, on account of so many people having died suspiciously before the terms of the deal were met and the Reapers weren't known for their patience. 
 

"Only because you never held up yours." Heechul countered, eyeing the item on the altar, he signalled his men to be ready to attack. Lord Choi took a few steps back, seeing them reach for their weapons.
 

"My children were never part of the deal. I will not sacrifice my children for power."
 

"Foolish man! The power you craved for can only be given to the person who sacrifices what they hold most dear in their heart. You were too stupid and naive to really ponder the consequences of making such a deal." 
 

Lord Choi looked at the altar to Heechul, to become the most powerful king in the entire nation, he had almost lost his children, his flesh and blood to a monster of a man. It wasn't supposed to be this way, how was we going to fix everything and still live? His children will never understand why he had done this. 
 

Why he had listened to Heechul's deceiving words, why he had let power and vengence turn his mind dark. The only way to solve this was to die, that way Hell gets what it came for. Lord Choi swiftly moved back to the altar, pulling a dagger from his robes and holding it across his neck.
 

"If I die by my hand, the contract is void and your master gets nothing!" 
 

Heechul's eye twitched in annoyance, the human was starting to get on his nerves, he signalled two of his mean to come forward. 
"Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, I'm getting tired of this. Retreive the book and kill him." He declared yawning. 

 

The two Reapers raised their weapons and stepped forward only to be forced back by a bright white light, the demons hissed as the brightness stung their eyes. Lord Choi shielded his eyes to get a better look at the large ball of light in front of him. The first thing he heard was the whoosh of wings expanding, he stood in awe as the light faded and in front of him were 5 Angels. 
 

"You will not harm him or touch the book, take your minions and leave, Heechul."One of the Angels said, the contempt and hatred he had for the demon was not hidden. 
 

Heechul sneered at the Angel that spoke and snickered.

"Playing for the big leagues now, Teukie?" He questioned mockingly, slowly walking towards him. " I'm not leaving until I get what I came for, his royal head impaled on a stick." He pointed to Lord Choi

"We cannot allow that, Lord Choi's life thread had not reached it's end. Pre-maturely ending his life would disrupt the natural order." Leeteuk informed Heechul, making the demon scoff. 
 

"Ha! I'm not a servant of Heaven, I don't follow your rules so back off while I'm being nice about it." He warned. 
 

A growl got his attention, he looked to the side and saw his twelve Hellhounds. He read their minds and smiled in satisfaction as he read Kai's. 
 

"Lord Choi, I have a surprise for you." Heechul signalled one of the hounds to come forward, in it's mouth something dangled. 
Lord Choi took a step forward to get a better view, the blood drained from his face as the hound opened it's mouth and let the object fall, it rolled stopping only a few feet away from him. Tears flowed freely as Lord Choi recognised the severed head that was before him. He clutched his chest, kneeling as his legs gave out and sobbed at the loss of his dear freind. 

 

"You monster! How could you?! DongHee did nothing wrong, he didn't deserve to die like this!" He yelled at the Reaper, one of the Angels whose name was Sungmin knelt down beside him and placed a hand on his shaking shoulder. 
 

"Do not weep for DongHee, Lord Choi. He knew he would die and so he did with honour. He would not want you to be sad for him, now stand and stay next to the book." Sungmin felt sorry for the human but the time for grieving was not now. 
 

Lord Choi did as he was told, he saw the knife he had dropped and picked it up, a thought suddenly came to his mind, he knew what he had to do. DongHee didn't deserve to die, his unborn child will never know his father. What a great man he was, how loyal and brave he was. He eyed the book and knew what must be done, his mind made up. 
 

Leeteuk debated whether or not to teach these demons a lesson they would never forget, then again, it would not be Heaven's way to start a fight no matter how badly he wanted to kick Heechul in his unnaturally pretty face. Heechul, on the other hand, was easily imagining all the different ways to kill the Angel before him.   
 

Neither of them noticed what would happen next before it was too late, a humming screeching sound was heard, a blast of wind blew out the torches. Leeteuk had an eerie feeling, he felt a strong energy and quickly turned around to the altar. 
 

There stood Dionysos, his hand in the chest of a limp Lord Choi. Leeteuk felt no life energy in the human and knew he was long gone, he had failed to keep him alive. Dionysos removed his hand from Lord Choi's chest, the body hit the ground with a thud. 
 

Heechul had no intention of starting a fight with Dionysos and with Lord Choi dead now, there was no more purpose in being here. The book would have to wait, with a flick of his hand, his men, hellhounds and him vanished. 
 

Leeteuk walked up to Dionysos, his heart heavy. He looked at Lord Choi's lifeless body, feelings of failure and despair surfaced. Dionysos sensed the Angel's emotions. 
 

"You did not fail, Leeteuk. He is still very much alive." 
 

Leeteuk looked at the God with confusion. 
 

"Lord Choi prayed to me just now and asked that his soul not rest until his wrongs are put right and with me being the God of Reincarnation, I did just that."
 

Confusion turned to understanding, Leeteuk grabbed the book from the altar and turned back to the God.
 

"How long until he is reincarnated?" He asked. 
 

"In 150 years a baby boy will be born." Was all the God said before he faded away completely. 
 

Leeteuk sighed, 150 years was a long time for a soul to wait for reincarnation unless Dionysos chose that time for a reason. Until then, they would have to keep a watchful eye on the Choi Bloodline and protect them. The rest of the Angels and him returned to Heaven, Leeteuk headed straight for the library and placed the book in the vault. 
 

All the while, he was bothered by Dionysos's choice of time. Why not 50 year or 100 years? It irked him but he had no choice but to wait, a group of newly arrived souls caught his attention as they walked past him, one of the souls bumped into him, he reached out to steady the boy.
 

"I'm sorry." the boy apologised, eyes cast down. 
 

"That's okay, no harm done. What is your name?" Leeteuk questioned, the boy looked up at him with a bright smile.
"I'm Ryeowook."

 

~ 168 Years Later 
At the age of 18, Choi Siwon has everything a boy fresh out of high school couldn't want. A house, a car, a job and money but Siwon isn't your typical teenager, no, he is the youngest of ten children and the only male heir to Choi Corperation. As a child, Siwon was spoilt to no end by sisters and parents, he was bought anything and everything, you would have expected that a child of wealth would be mean and selfish but not Siwon.
As a child, the presents that were given to him, he gave to the less fortunate. As a pre-teen, he never used his financial status or family to get ahead, he studied and worked hard until he graduated from high school with honours and a sense of accomplishment. When he got accepted into University, he moved out of the family home and got his own apartment close to his university.
His best friend, Shindong, has been beside him from the day they met in 1st grade, till now. He couldn't imagine his life without Shindong and was proud to have a friend like him.

 

It was Monday morning, Siwon was waiting at the usual coffee shop, Angel Cafe, for Shindong so they could walk to uni together. Siwon looks at his watch for the 5th time, starting to worry for friend when Shindong comes jogging across the street. The heavy set male stops in front of Siwon, hands on his knees, catching his breath.
 

"Sorry, I'm late Siwon-ah. My stupid alarm clock didn't go off this morning." He explains taking another deep breath. Siwon nods in understanding even though this has happened more than once. He pats Shindong on the back.
 

"We can go to the mall after our classes and get you a new one." Siwon suggests and is enveloped in a bear hug by the heavy set male.
Passerbys gave them strange looks, Siwon is tapping Shindong on the back, signalling to let him go.

 

"What would I do without a freind like you!" 
 

Siwon rolls his eyes at Shindong's comment, he has heard it multiple times but it still makes him smile. Shindong lets him go and the two of them proceed to head to school. 
~
"This guy is the most boring human we've ever protected."

 

"Hush, Henry, you haven't complained before so why start now?"
 

"Because, Sungmin-hyung, I was hoping that it would be different today, considering it's his birthday and all." Henry whines, following Sungmin from rooftop to rooftop, keeping an eye on Siwon and Shindong from the sky. 
 

Sungmin mentally curses Donghae for swapping protection detail with him, he could be in Heaven right now doing soul inventory but no, Donghae had to be a coward and swap with him in case he ran into a certain reaper while on duty. 
 

Sungmin froze when he felt a dark presence, he looked at Henry, who had felt it too. The dark aura that surrounded them was strong and suffocating. Henry made his harp appear, his hands poised ready to pluck the strings. Sungmin reached for his Angel blade, he was stopped by a familair voice. 
 

"Long time no see Sungmin, Henry." 
 

Sungmin looked to the other side of the buildings, there staring so smugly at them were the Reapers, Kyuhyun and Zhoumi. Henry's hand dropped to his sides when he saw Zhoumi, his heart was aching just seeing the tall male. 
 

"What do you want, Kyuhyun? You're not supposed to be here." Sungmin says coldly, eyeing the Reapers while watching out for Siwon and Shindong below. 
 

"Don't worry, I'm not here to harm your precious human." Kyuhyun said mockingly before jumping from the building and landing directly in front of Sungmin,making the angel fall back in surprise, Kyuhyun was quick to grab him and pull Sungmin against him. 
Henry reacted to his hyung being held by the reaper and went to pluck a string on his harp only to have Zhoumi before him, holding both his wrists, he was completely helpless.

 

"Let go of me, Kyuhyun or else." Sungmin threatened trying to yank himself from Kyuhyun's iron grip but the reaper had other plans and pulled him closer until their faces were only inches apart.
"Or else what Minnie?" Kyuhyun whispers, Sungmin shudders at his nickname, memories from way back start going through his mind, the feelings he kept locked up in his heart were seeping through the cracks. 

 

Henry watched his hyung looking so defeated and defenseless, it irks him so much. He gives Zhoumi a glare before opening his mouth and singing, the high pitched frequency hidden underneath makes Zhoumi let go of Henry and cover his ears, his head feels like exploding. Henry continues singing the Angel song and plucks his harp in time, the frequency is intensified.
 

Sungmin snaps himself out of the state Kyuhyun put him in and uses the oppurtunity to shove the reaper away from him. Kyuhyun is holding his head, the song getting to him as well. Sungmin grabs his Angel blade and points at Kyuhyun with a steely expression, Henry stops his singing.
"Leave. Now." Sungmin says in a cold tone.

 

Kyuhyun looks at Zhoumi, both nodding before disappearing in a cloud of thick,black smoke. Sungmin and Henry sigh in relief, putting their weapons away.
 

"The Reapers are getting more bolder." Henry points out, thinking of what just happened. 
"Their patience is wearing thin, waiting 158 years is just as stressful for them as it is for us and we aren't even sure if this Siwon is the right descendant of Lord Choi either." 

 

Sungmin wondered how much long this so called truce with the Reapers would last, cracks were beginning to show, edges were becoming frayed and both parties were losing their minds. With the book safely in Heaven, the Reapers can't do anything to the Angels and vice versa but that doesn't stop them from being arrogant, obnoxious, little heads all the time. Just thinking about it made his blood boil. 
Suddenly, the sky turned dark and a loud crack of thunder was heard, startling the two Angels.
"Hyung!" Henry called, pointing at the now grey sky, more thunder followed as well as flashes of lightening. 
"Something happened in Heaven." Sungmin tells him, both of them disapparate, leaving behind a few long white feathers on the rooftop. 
~
Angels are crowded outside the door as Leeteuk walked around the trashed room in disbelief, the altar where the Book of Heaven was placed is destroyed and the book missing. Donghae and Yesung push through the crowded entrance, eyes going wide as they see the state of the room. 

 

"What happened?" Yesung asks, eyes going to the destroyed paintings.
 

"I'm not sure, the guards are useless. They were knocked out and have no recollection of what happened proir to the incident." Leeteuk explains with an annoyed expression, he goes to the door and closes it, turning around and leaning against it.
 

"Is there any way the Reapers are responsible for this?" Leeteuks asks the other Angels, even though he knows there is no possibltity.
 

"I don't think the Reapers would be stupid enough to infiltrate Heaven and steal the book. They would have made a grand entrance, Teuk, guaranteed, we would have seen them if they did this." 
 

"That's what I'm afraid of. If they didn't do it, then who did?" 
 

Yesung and Donghae nervously pondered the very thought that someone else has taken the book and made the already fragile truce with the Reapers non-existant now. Leeteuk was instantly worried that their was another player in the game and became unnerved that he didn't know the rules to this theifs game. 
 

"Tell the others to be careful from now on, until we know who stole the book, keep your eyes open when you are on protection detail." Leeteuk told Yesung and Donghae, they nodded in understanding and went to leave when Leeteuk stopped them.
"Do you know where Ryeowook is?" He asked them.
Both Angels looked at each other, shrugging their shoulder in unison with stupid expressions on their faces. Leeteuk sighed, glaring at them as he left the room in search of his missing apprentice. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I FINALLY FINISHED THE FIRST CHAPTER, 

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG.

ENJOY, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE :)