Love at first sight

Masquerade High School

"You must beYasuno Suzume?" Izumi asks looking at her with a cold stare.

She gives off a slight blush, "Y-yes, I am. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Takashi Izumi," He points to Chisaki, "And this my friend who tagged along."

Chisaki bows, "Nice to meet you I'm Kazuki Chisaki." Suzume just smiles, (She's too cute) Chisaki thinks to herself.

 Yasuno Suzume, she's a bit taller than Chisaki, pretty but wears light make-up and puts her skirt a bit to high also acts like the innocent girl. Someone who is most likely to take away Chisaki's reputation but it was alright with Chisaki, it was finally time people backed away from her. Suzume was perfect a girl from a good family, good grades, and good with making friends easily.

 Izumi gives Chisaki a push on the back, "Come on, you came along so help me with the luggage."

"Ah. That hurt. Yes, yes." (He seems different today. Was he always this nice to me? It was also the second time he called me friend.) She walks towards the luggage and the vision of Izumi grabbing her arm at the festival came to mind. "I'll help you with your luggages."

"Yes, thank you." She replys back nicely. Izumi grabs the luggage she was holding and slightly touches her hand by chance and she blushes.

"Th-thank you."

"Yeah."

Chisaki carries about 3 bags while Izumi carries two. Suzume just walks silently behind them. Feeling exhasted from holding all three luggages,  "Hey shouldn't you be the one holding the most luggage?"

"Shut up idiot." He says looking off into the distance. Chisaki looks down to the ground walking and Izumi gives off a slight smile. That smile caught Suzume's eyes and looked quite disappointed. While walking all kinds of thoughts suddenly came to Chisaki's mind, "Keep me company", "Please just this once as friends." So many thoughts of Izumi's words were going through her head making her blush all of a sudden. 

"Ok this is your room." Izumi says handing over the key to Suzume. She takes the key and opens the door. She doesn't have a roommate but she was alright with it. They all walk in and lay the luggages on the floor. 

"Let's go idiot." Izumi says shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Um, if you need me I'll be down the hall in room 21, just make a turn to the next hallway on the left and down the hall will be too 21." Chisaki says walking out with Izumi then shutting the door.

Izumi and Chisaki walk through the halls alone.

"She's cute isn't she? Suzume." Chisaki asks.

"Kinda. I am a guy after all. Isn't it normal to for a guy to say that she's cute." He says.

"Caught red handed." She's says with a satisfied expression.

"What are you talking about?"

"I never asked you about how you feel like as a guy, I only asked that she's cute. And you explained about saying it's normal for a guy. Of course it is but you don't seem like the type to say that."

At that sametime, Suzume had quietly come out of her room to go look for Chisaki and as she was about to make the turn to the hallway she sees Chisaki and Izumi.

He stops walkings and she stops. He leans close to her face and with a low whispering voice...."What if I called you ...cute?" She stares at his eyes and backs away.

She nervously laughs, "What are you talking about? Idiot....no will be calling me cute anymore but Suzume. At least I can finally lock myself away from people even if they do know me still." He rubs her hair, "Don't talk like that." And walks away. She stood there watching him walk away.

(What was that? Did he just now....cared about me? No, no, lets go back to Suzume.)

  Chisaki walks and once she made the turn to the next hallway she sees Suzume expressionless face. "Are you okay?" Chisaki asks.

"Yes." She replys back walking back to her room. Suzume sits on her bed and Chisaki enters the room and closes the door behind her. She sits on a chair and studies Suzume carefully.

"What are you looking at?" She asks.

Chisaki waves her hand in denail, "You're just cute. That's all. Really." She laughs uncomfortably.

"Thank you."

Both of them start at once, "Hey" Chisaki laughs, "You can go first."

"Hm...um....are you with Izumi. Um like.."

Chisaki interrupts her, "No! Why would I be with him? We're just friends, friends. Don't tell me, you like Izumi?" Suzume's face turns red.

"Be quiet. Yes, I do."

"How?" Shocked, Chisaki didn't know how to express her own feelings to Suzume.

"Love at first sight is what you would call it." Suzume says as she goes into a crouching position. "Please, can you help me get closer with him."

Chisaki clears , "Sure. I think you guys will make a great pair. I asked him if you were cute and he said 'kinda' so yeah I'll help you."

"Really?! Thank you."

(Looks like are feelings are the same. Should I just give up and be friends only?)


  That night Chisaki couldn't fall asleep. She was thinking to much about Suzume's feelings for Izumi. And when Izumi leaned so close to her face. Eventually she fell asleep while deep in thought.

 The very next morning there was a huge crowd surrounding Suzume. Chisaki and Izumi who were finding her eventually found her in that huge crowd. The only thing you would hear from that crowd is, "Cute," "What's your name?," "What's your number?," and many more. Chisaki and Izumi tried to squeeze through the crowd trying to reach Suzume who is the center of that crowd. The two went together faceing each other and once they went in that crowd it made them squish against each other. Chisaki's face was against his chest, he seemed a bit embarrassed and looked away trying to concentrate on getting Suzume out from the crowd. The crowd just kept getting bigger and there was no way out for the both of them, so they had to stay in that position for awhile. A guy was about to touch Chisaki but just then, Izumi grabs her by the waist and held her close enough to him so she doesn't get hurt. 

"Y-you don't have..."

He interrupts her, "Shut up, I don't want to do this either." He whispers into her ear. They both blush but didn't look at each other. The teachers finally came to see what the fuss was all about. The crowd slowly started to become smaller and there she was, Suzume just fine, she wasn't worried or anything but smiling.

"Maybe there was nothing to worry about." Chisaki says.

"Yeah." Izumi says letting her slowly go. Chisaki kind of freaked out once he let go and ran away into the halls.

(I don't get him, sometimes he's straightforward and sometimes he just suddenly does things out of no where making me like him even more.)

She can feel her ears getting hot and red and her heart racing. "Not good. I can't let no one see me." As she was running away she ran into some upperclassmen.

"I'm sorry." The upperclassmen looked at her a bit surprised.

"You're Kazuki Chisaki right?" Said the upperclassmen she bumped into.

"Um...yes, how do you know me?"

"Everyone in this school knows you." He smiles.

"Ah, yes. Well I'll be on my way." Just as she was about to leave he grabes her by the arm and pulls her against him.

"That's no way to teach your Senpai." He says caressing her cheek andd giving her a smirk. He held onto her waist and she couldn't move at all. It felt different than how Izumi held her early. Eagerly trying to get away she panicked, cold sweat was forming and she couldn't do anything. 

"Yuto Senpai, let her go." A familiar voiced came from the hall. Yuto Takashi a third year, taller than Izumi. He has dark black hair that seems to be to the shoulder length kept in a ponytail leaving his bangs out and wears glasses. No matter how you look at him he seems like the player type.  Izumi and Yuto never liked each other even though they're blood related. No one really knows why they hate each other.

"Well isn't my little cousin, Izumi." Yuto says as he lets Chiskai go. "Your girlfriend?"

"No, an idiot I need for work." He says coldly staring at Chisaki.

(Isn't that a little to far calling me like that in front of people?)

Izumi walks towards her and grabs her by the hand. "Lets go idiot." Then drags her along through the halls getting far away from Yuto and his friends.

"You sure you should've let her go Yuto?" One of his friends asks.

"Yeah, it's okay. I'll get the chance to get her again, she's pretty cute." He says look back at Izumi and Chisaki walking.


Izumi just randomly walked to anywhere he can to get away from Yuto and eventually went to a hall where nobody uses. He lets go of Chisaki's hand and pushes her against the wall and leans close to her, "Don't ever come in contact with him again!" He shouts which surprised her.

"Why?" She asks nervously.

"Just don't, I don't want to see you get hurt." He says and backs away from her, "See you." After that he walks away as is nothing ever happened. Chisaki froze still staring at him walking away again. (He really is too straightforward and random at things.)