Special Day

Catch those bunnies!!

LaeRi groaned. It’s almost impossible, maybe she should just give up. “Guys!” LaeRi tried to call the attention of the seven boys chit-chatting with each other. As always, they didn’t pay attention to her and didn’t even bother glancing.

LaeRi sighed, picked up the files and documents from the table, then slammed them on the floor with a huge thud. Well, that worked. The seven boys’ attention were now completely hers. “You’ll be having a dance rehearsal from 10 till 4 later.”

Cue the boys’ whines and groans.

“But LaeRi-ah, don’t we have CF filmings or interviews today?” Taeil reasoned.

“Yeah, Ri-ssi, we have to take care of our images too.” Ji Hoon added.

“Image my ; you guys trolled on the red carpet, messed up about half of your interviews, and totally dephed it all out during your Match Up filming.”

Well, this might be a bit late but… meet Block B; the Korean idol group that redefines derph and troll. They might look cool on stage but in real life… They’re like a bunch of boys.

The boys groaned again and LaeRi sighed. “Fine, if you guys start listening to me, I’ll cut down your dance rehearsal time.” They all cheered and LaeRi just groaned again.

 

“Oechyeo uril wonhandamyeon Wanna B”

“Oh, oppa?” LaeRi answered her phone.

“LaeRi-ah, sorry again for making you take over managing Block B. I know they’re troublesome kids and all.”

“It’s alright it’s kind of fun anyway.”

“Ah, I knew you’re enjoying it. Haha. You are a BBC afterall.”

“Yah, don’t tell them that or else they’ll start teasing me.”

“Arasseo. Thanks again for doing this.”

“Ne~ Take care oppa.”

 

“LaeRi-ah! Let’s go!” YooKwon grabbed LaeRi’s arm and started dragging her towards the van. “Ya, don’t rush it.” She told him when he tried to squeeze in through the other members entering the van.

YooKwon made LaeRi sit next to him in the back seat and he grinned at her. “Ya, do I really have to sit next to you?” LaeRi teased. YooKwon pouted and scooted away from her, “Fine. I’ll make Ji Hoon sit next to you-“

“Aniya! Aniya! That’s not what I meant at all!”

He grinned and scooted closer to her again. ‘This is so troublesome…’ LaeRi sighed as she went through Block B’s schedule. “So where are we headed~” YooKwon chirped as he observed LaeRi reading. “You guys have an interview with allkpop” she looked up from the paper and glared at the seven boys who were looking at her, “you better not mess this up” “Ne~” They all chirped.

“LaeRi-ah.. why don’t you consider cutting your hair a bit shorter?” YooKwon asked while playing with LaeRi’s hair. She just shrugged it off. “I never thought of it. Besides, getting a haircut is a bit troublesome.” “Ahh…”

“Kwon-ah, I need to talk to you” Minhyuk called and YooKwon changed seats with Ji Hoon, who grinned at JaeRi mischievously. What LaeRi learned from the past 10 months of managing Block B was that, whenever Ji Hoon smiles like that, he or the others are probably planning something… And that usually means more trouble for LaeRi...

“Look, whatever you’re planning, don’t do it. Please.”

Ji Hoon just continued to grin.

 

Thankfully, they arrived at their destination without the members doing anything considerably bad… or harmful… or just really troublesome for LaeRi. The boys hopped out of the van and started running around.

‘Really… These boys are like… boys!’ LaeRi groaned as she tried to get Block B to calm down before the interview… And cue the other distraction; a girl groups’ van arriving and completely sending the boys to break down mode.

Fortunately, breaking sent to breakdown mode made Block B a little more serious and the made the interview less… chaotic… Honestly, it was one of their best interviews, believe it or not.

After the interview, Block B started dancing around again. LaeRi almost facepalmed herself but Ji Hoon and Minhyuk grabbed her and made her sit in the middle chair. The rest of the members gathered around her.

“Hey, what’s the deal-“

“Hello everyone welcome to Block B’s talkshow!” Jiho started. “Right now we’re here with Block B’s manager; Yoo LaeRi!” The embers cheered as LaeRi just hid her face.

The crew was still there and clapped along while smiling.

“So today we have some very interesting questions sent in by the viewers, Kyung-sshi!”

“Ne! This one was sent in by someone from Busan! ‘Annyeonghaseyo! I’m curious of what LaeRi-sshi thinks of Block B since she’s been with them for over 10 months now.” Kyung pretended to read a question from the paper he was holding but it was actually empty. “Well Busan-sshi, I think LaeRi-ah really likes us and she think we’re adorable-“

“Actually I think you’re a bunch of immature kids.” LaeRi butted in.

“Ne! As you heard she really likes us and thinks we are charming!”

“Next question, ‘What is LaeRi-sshi’s ideal type?’” JaeHyo followed.

LaeRi facepalmed herself as the members started on answering the question themselves again.

“Ne~ LaeRi’s ideal type is actually someone like me, handsome and is really good at singing-“

“Oh! Then that’s not you at all!” Ji Hoon commented and JaeHyo proceeded to beating the maknae up.

“But LaeRi-ah, what really is your ideal type?” Minhyuk asked seriously. The members stopped what they were doing and all looked at her. LaeRi felt sweat trickling down her forehead. “I don’t really have an ideal type.. I guess I just like people that I like…”

“Which brings us to our next question!” Jiho and Kyung said together.

“’Who is LaeRi-sshi’s bias in Block B?’ sent in by someone from Seoul!”

LaeRi froze.

“Well, we all know that she just covered this managing job because she’s a fan” the rest of the members nodded in agreement as Kyung continued, “So we’re also very curious on who her bias is.”

“A-aniyo! I don’t have-“

“I’ll make a guess then!” Taeil raised his hand then pointed it to YooKwon who was just goofily smiling. “Kim YooKwon!” “That’s right!” Jiho and Kyung said in unison and the members cheered.

“YAH! I never said that!” LaeRi slammed her hands on the table and stood but the members just continued cheering. She looked at YooKwon who just threw her a smile. LaeRi quickly looked away and pouted.

“Fine, if you guys want to be like this then I’ll make sure that you have an extensive 10-to-4 rehearsal tonight.” With that, LaeRi proceeded to storming away.

 

Squeak Squeak.

‘I like girls who look good with short cuts’ LaeRi stared at the mirror and traced her hair with her finger. She stopped a few centimeteres above her shoulder. ‘Maybe I should… NO! N.O. LaeRi, you must be crazy!’ She groaned as she exited the shower room.

‘Maybe I shouldn’t have been too hard on them’ She sighed as she sat on the living room couch. She quickly shook off the thought.

‘Aniyo. They should be more like idols, not a bunch of trolls.’ She sighed again,

‘But come on, they did the interview properly… Well, a bit properly. And they didn’t go overtime. That’s a good thing, right?’

“Molla!” LaeRi laid on the couch and drifted to sleep.

 

“Come on! It’s perfect! She’d be sleeping when we get back and we can just do it!” Jiho tried to convince YooKwon.

“I don’t know. She’ll wake up.” He sighed. “Well let’s just see if we can do anything about it later, if she really is asleep when we get back.” He concluded. Jiho sighed and agreed with a groan.

 

LaeRi tossed and turned then felt something wrapping itself around her waist. Then something was else being burying itself in the back of her neck. She tried to shrug it off but it just buried itself deeper, tickling LaeRi a bit.

LaeRi slowly opened her eyes and looked at the thing wrapped around her waist. It was an arm… Wait… WHAT?!

In half-panic mode, she looked at the person beside (or behind) her. It YooKwon… And he was topless…

“AAAAAAAAAAH!!!”

Thud.

YooKwon shot up and looked around, then noticed LaeRi on the floor. “LaeRi… You alright?”

“Alright?!” LaeRi rubbed her as she tried to get up from the ground. The other members made their appearance from the door, asking what was happening and what the scream was about.

“W-w-how did I get to you room?! I was sleeping on the couch and-“ LaeRi just sighed and noticed that the other members in the same room were by the door.

“Look, if you did something, maybe brought home a tornado or two then it’s alright, I guess, but don’t just carry me to other people’s rooms!” She scolded and tried to squeeze through Jiho and Minhyuk and out to the living room… But the two persisted.

“Come one, LaeRi-ah, why don’t you rest some more?”

“Yeah, you look like you still need sleep.”

“I need a shower. Get out of my way.” LaeRi tried to push them away then Taeil grabbed her arm.

“LaeRi-ah… I need to uhh… tell you something!! Now!!”

“You can tell me later, after I’ve had a shower now, please.” She successfully squeezed through the boys into the living room…

“Woah..” What greeted her was a room full of balloons and ‘Happy Birthday’ decorations. The balloons were tied to a few chairs and the drying rack while some were reaching the ceiling. There was a big “Happy Birthday LaeRi-ah!” by the door. A cake was placed on their dining table and breakfast was already served.

“CHUKAHAE!~~” The members started jumping around and hugging LaeRi, who just chuckled along.

“Saengil chukkahamnida~ Saengil chukkahamnida~ Saranganeun LaeRi-ah~ Saengil chukkahamnida~” They sang and cheered.

“Kamsa…” LaeRi’s voice started fading. She was so busy ever since she started managing Block B that she forgot. “Jinjja Kamsahae.”

“You should be thankful! We went through a lot of planning to get this ready!” Ji Hoon said.

“Yeah. We had to save money for all the decorations and the cake. Plus, we had to get in trouble with the interview thing yesterday.” Kyung added.

“But.. How did you guys know anyway?” LaeRi asked.

“YooKwon told us a week before.” Minhyuk placed his arm on YooKwon’s shoulder. “He was like, ‘LaeRi’s birthday is coming up, we need to get ready’ and all that”

“Ahhh… But the being a fan thing…?” LaeRi hesitantly asked. Maybe she shouldn’t…

“Lucky guess!” JaeHyo flashed a ‘v’ sign.

“Ahhh…” She stopped herself from saying anymore… If they find out-

“Then it’s true that YooKwon is your bias?” Jiho asked. LaeRi froze.

“Ahhhhahahahaha!” Jiho broke out into a laugh while the others followed. “

It’s true! It’s true!”

“Waah! I can’t believe it!”

“We were just teasing hyung then I can’t believe it’s true!”

LaeRi blushed and looked away. “Shut up! I never said it’s true!”

“You never said it’s false either!”

 

“I’ve got an idea! Since we don’t have a real present for LaeRi-ah, why don’t we just lock these two up in a closet or something and let’s call that the gift!”

‘Ji Hoon neo jeongmal baboya…’

LaeRi threw a glance at YooKwon, asking him to save them. “Wait, isn’t a closet too extreme, though?” LaeRi facepalmed herself as the other members agreed.

“Fine, we’ll lock you up in your room then.” The members proceeded to dragging the two to one of the bedrooms then completely shutting the door and walking away with loud snickers.

YooKwon also didn’t help when he flashed his million billion-dollar-smile towards LaeRi, who felt her knees turning to jelly.

“Really thanks for the party but isn’t this too much?”

“Wae? You don’t want to be with me?” YooKwon pouted.

“A-aniyo! I do- Wait, what?!” This was confusing and extremely embarrassing. YooKwon chuckled as LaeRi tried to process her thoughts.

“LaeRi-ah, since you’re thankful, maybe I can do this.”

The next thing both of them knew, YooKwon had crashed his lips onto LaeRi’s and had wrapped his arms around her waist. LaeRi blinked and tried to process what was happening… 

YooKwon was kissing her… YooKwon… was… KISS?!

The door behind them suddenly swung open and the other members came falling down. The two of them pulled away and quickly turned to the bunch.

“Ouch… So does this mean you’re a couple now?” Minhyuk asked. Yookwon grinned and shrugged. “Maybe!” He wrapped his arm around LaeRi, who just blinked. Jiho quickly stood up and looked at LaeRi, who stared at him blankly.

“Yah! I think you broke our manager!” Jiho said waving hand in front of her face. LaeRi remained motionless and Yookwon looked at her. “Maybe I should kiss her again?”

Suddenly, LaeRi’s face reddened and she back away from YooKwon with her hand on . “Aniyo! Don’t! Just! Ah~”

The said devil leaned in closer to her and cornered her. Her back hit the wall and YooKwon put his hands on either side of her head. He looked at her with a mischievous grin. “Yeobo~”

“Ya! Do that later we still have to celebrate her birthday!” Ji Hoon quickly pulled YooKwon away and LaeRi sighed in relief.

“Yeobo! We’ll continue it later~”