Chapter ---

Doctor Naughty

Nausea filled my system as soon as the smell of burning flesh reached my nostrils. I've been working as an operating room nurse for a while now but I just can't seem to get used to the odor of a cauterized tissue. 

The past few weeks had been a challenge with me adjusting in the new environment in the OR and with Dr. Jongin messing up my mind. 

It also doesn't help the fact that I wasn't able to sleep well last night and that technically, I've been standing up for around three hours passing surgical instruments to a senior surgeon and with dr. Kim Jongin as his assistant surgeon. 

The senior surgeon had been an old funny man with loud voice and a wicked sense of humor. Without him constantly talking, it would've been awkward especially since I was beside dr. Jongin 

"....well she would need a very strong pain killers for this one" the senior surgeon comments as he passes the scalpel over the client's jaw. "Army navy please..." The surgeon adds as Jongin's sweat was wiped by Karen, who made it look like wiping Jongin's sweat was the most sensual thing in this world and who basically threw herself at him. 

I focus back on my work and tried to distract myself away from Jongin, who seemed to be enjoying the attention he was getting from Karen. I reach for the retractor and had it quickly to the senior surgeon. 

Suddenly, the senior surgeon looked at me with incredulous expression which change into a wicked grin that was almost visible from the thin surgical mask he was wearing. 

"Nurse Bianca, do you think this is an Army Navy??" He asks me with a tone of amusement. 

I took in the retractor I just gave him and in that moment I knew I gave the wrong instrument. Although it wasn't really a big deal, I could tell that the senior surgeon was already bubbling something in his mind.

"She's pretty new here." Jongin comments as he looks at me. I wasn't sure if what he said was supposed to defend me or insult me. 

"Excuse me, I know my instruments well.. I was just a bit distracted." I defend. Jongin and I always argued about petty things because, well he was so childish. 

I gave the senior surgeon the correct instrument this time and as the surgeon continues to tinker on the patient's jaw "well, what were you distracted about?" The surgeon asks mischievously. 

I blushed but before I could even answer his question, he threw a challenge at me. "I tell you what nurse Bianca, you see we have a tradition here in the operating room for rookies" he says, slightly pausing as everyone in the room seemed to get what he was talking about except from me. 

I heard a loud groan escape from Jongin's lips. 

"You see, when a rookie enters my operating room, I usually test them. You know, ask about the anatomy and the operating room instruments. " he adds. "The twist is, when you pass me a wrong instrument or when you answer a wrong question, the nurse, which is you is supposed to kiss me." The old man says as a clear expression of disbelief crosses my face. 

"..but you see, I'm pretty old now and quite frankly, you're not my style so how about this; instead of kissing me, you get to kiss my assistant surgeon Dr. Kim Jongin." He says, not quite asking and he sounded like he was giving me instructions. "Of course you can't do anything but agree, because well..your in my area so you play by my rules." He says, not even moving a glance away from the jaw he was operating. 

I wasn't sure but I think I saw  something flash through Jongin's eyes. "But doc, don't you think that's more of a punishment for me." Jongin says as he fakes a scowl and looks at me. I roll my eyes back at his cocky demeanor. This time the senior surgeon looked away from what he was doing and focused on Jongin

"As if it isn't enough to see your face for about two hours now. " I snap back at Jongin. 

The senior surgeon claps his gloved hand together. " well isn't that great! It's like hitting two birds with one stone, you both get to be 'punished' if you want to look at it that way. 

The whole time, the doctor asked me several questions and gladly, I was able to answer them. 

"Okay then, pass me the SurgiCel" the senior surgeon says, already almost done with the operation. 

Holy . I didn't know what a SurgiCel is. I look for anyone to rescue me but then there was only Karen and she was as smart as coconut. 

The time seemed to stop when the senior surgeon looked at me with a mischievous grin forming in his face. 

"Well, looks like Dr. Jongin will get his first kiss... " he comments. 

"Believe me sir, this isn't my first kiss." Jongin comments, as a smile passes his thin lips and he tilted his head a bit to the side, taunting me. 

"Well then I guess it wouldn't be difficult for you two, but I hate to do this son but you'll have to get your kiss later, when were over because I'm already tired and nurse Bianca kissing you would slow us down." He says, laughing loudly. 

I thought I almost saw disappointment in Jongin's eyes. Maybe I was wrong. 

The surgeon's were already closing up the wound when the senior surgeon spoke again. 

"Okay, give metocurine intravenously." He orders Karen and as the final suture was being sewn, he looked at me. " so miss Bianca, what is metocurine for?" He asks gently, the smile in his eyes never faltering. 

I at remembering medications and as a frown passes my face, he answers "well you see, metocurine is to maintain the client's relaxation, especially since this operation will hurt a lot." He explains, not imposing but more like a father teaching her daughter how to write. "I guess that earns Dr. Jongin two kisses" he adds as he winks at Jongin. 

Jongin gave him a bright smile. As if I'm really gonna kiss him just because of a stupid game. 

As the surgeons remove their gloves and gowns and prepared to leave, I hear the senior surgeon at the door "yah, Jongin, you owe me coffee." He jokes. 

"Don't worry doc, after I give Bianca's punishment, I better damn well treat you Starbucks" he jokes as the older surgeon laughs. 

I roll my eyes at his comment as the operation concludes and the patient is transferred to the recovery room. 

As everything was fixed, I made a motion to remove my gloves and gown and walked the hall outside the operating room, just then, I felt someone sneak up behind me and when I turned, I saw dr. Kim Jongin. I was struck at the suddenness of his movements as he held my chin and tilted my head on a very quick motion and suddenly kissed me deeply but also quickly. 

I wasn't even able to grab on what was happening but his lips felt so soft and sweet against mine. Before I could even fully understand what was happening, he broke the kiss and quickly ran off, leaving me behind confused and unsure of what just happened. 

Just then I realized that the naughty doctor just stole a kiss from me. 

Jongin turned around and gave me a wicked grin when he was sure he was safely away from my wrath and winked at me "I just gave you your first punishment, I'll get the second one soon so watch out." He says loudly over the hallway as he again made a motion to run. 

I was left at the hallway dumbfounded and with weird butterflies in my stomach.