Finale.

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Twisted Fate.[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Seung Gi is a nice man. He has a decent job that provides him a wealthy situation, a nice background and a handsome face. The only thing he didn’t have was luck.

 

He didn’t understand why it never worked between him and girls; he has the husband material, is a gentleman and is more than ready to handle a family’s responsibility.

 

That evening, he was drinking. He was dumped by another girl. “You’re too nice and don’t have any bad boy feature”. Screw bad boy, he had principals he believed in; apparently girls love bad boys that play with them and break their hearts.

 

Chae Won was a daring single lady. Being a sassy girl provided her a reputation; she didn’t fear people’s talk and always does what her mind tells her to.

 

She was celebrating her bestfriend So Min’s engagement in an old bar, when some of their older classmates started stirring the pot of her ending up alone.

 

"I’d rather stay alone than marrying a fat ugly man that my parents arranged."

 

She left them satisfied giving that evil duckling a lesson. An old friend Min Young came to keep her company. "I’m glad to see you the same my friend."

 

"Sure, so what are you doing?" Chae Won tried initiating a conversation.

 

"Oh, that’s a cutie puppy right there, probably has just been dumped. I saw that loser you just humiliated eating him with her eyes; she probably wants to hit on him." She followed Min Young’s gaze to a handsome young man. She didn’t deny he was hot.

 

"Should I go for it or will you?" Her friend seeing the interest in Chae Won’s eyes left him for her.

 

She took a sit next to him. His face was clearer and she saw how innocent he looks with his chubby cheeks. She had to control herself not to pinch him.

 

"A bad day, huh?"

 

He looked at her with the corner of his eye and smiled, she saw a dimple showing on his left cheek.

 

"You may use some company; I’m Chae Won, Moon Chae Won."

 

He kept gazing at his drink, showing no interest.

 

"I’m boring as hell. You can just ignore me."

 

He stood to leave but almost fell, he was drunk. She helped him standing straight by grabbing his hand.

 

"I’m not into bad boys." She wasn’t, she always thought guys that pretended being bad are just immature dudes. He looked at her not believing.

 

"How is that?"

 

"I like grown up men not little kids wanting to play around." He laughed; she was under the spell of his smile.

 

"I’m Lee Seung Gi, nice to meet you Chae Won-sshi."

 

 

It was the beginning of trouble. They shared a few drinks together, and took some time to talk. He was an engineer and his life was almost perfect.

 

He was going to propose to his girlfriend and took her to the place they first met. Everything was perfect, the dinner, the red carpet, red wine and a diamond ring. Instead of hearing a yes for his “will you marry me” he get a “let’s break up”.

 

"I was kneeling down for god sake." Chae Won nodded. "It’s her loss; I can tell you’re a great guy."

 

---

                                                               

The next morning was chaos. He woke up to find a unknown lady in his arms, hugging him with her head over his bare chest. He jumped and hid his body with the bed sheet throwing a blanket over her covering her body.

 

"What is this noise from early morning? Let me sleep some more."

 

His eyes almost went outside their orbits; he never met such a daring girl. He ran outside, it was his house, how did they get here?

 

He didn’t know what to do, but still after he took a shower, he prepared breakfast for both of them.

 

She took heavy steps toward him and put her arms around his waist giving him a back hug. He jumped and shoved her away.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"You liked it yesterday, and now you’re acting innocent."

 

"What?" He didn’t remember what happened last night; it was a blurry vision to him. Snapping out of his thought, he gazed at the girl in his kitchen, she was wearing his shirt that stopped at her thighs, and she was practically . He turned his face the other way and she chuckled.

 

She was surprised he made her breakfast. It never happened with her previous one night stand. She was more surprised when he opened his mouth.

 

"I’ll take responsibility for my actions!" She choked on her food.

 

"You mean like marrying me?" He nodded; she was having a bad omen. She stood up and after changing to her clothes, she opened the door to leave. She was stopped by his hand around her arm.

 

"Where are you going?" She looked him up and down; he was really an upright man.

 

"Don’t you think you deserve better?"

 

"What do you mean?" She shook her hand and went outside. He stood on her way looking for something in his wallet.

 

"This is my card, call me if … we … I didn’t use … if you are … em."

 

"If I become pregnant? I won’t give birth to it don’t concern yourself."

 

She was walking away; he spun her to face him. "If you happen to be pregnant I want to take responsibility for both you and the kid."

 

She avoided his eyes and walked away, how could such a person exist?

 

---

 

Two weeks passed by, Seung Gi had the same routine: working and sleeping. He worried about her. What if she really becomes pregnant, will she abort it?

 

Chae Won didn’t give it much thinking, for her it was a normal one night stand.

 

She was enjoying lunch with Min Young and So Min.

 

"How was your night the other day?" Min Young asked opening her eyes and ears wide open.

 

"It was my engagement party and you still left with a guy, Moon Chae Won, you owe me one!" So Min glared.

 

"You can pay your dept by telling us how it was."

 

"Well, it was good."

 

"Good?" Her friends stared at each other, mouth wide open.

 

"What?" She looked at them questioning. "Waiter, can you bring me another serving of kimbab and another chocolate cake."

 

Her friends’ mouths drop. "You always complain. The best you get was 'mmm … it was okay'." Min Young said.

 

"Also girl, don’t you care about your body? You’re stuffing yourself with all this food." So Min finished and Min Young nodded.

 

"Well, first of all I’m hungry. Second, he told me he would take responsibility." Her friends owed.

 

"What?" She questioned.

 

"You fell for him!"

 

"No I did not; he was just … unique … and so … nice. Also, innocent."

 

"Innocent?" They blinked their eyes.

 

"It was a mistake what he did with me, obviously his first time. Otherwise he would be already married."

 

"I shouldn’t have let you have him. Omo, it would have been me who ended as his fiancée! He looked like a mature man." Min Young whispered, daydreaming about her 'if'.

 

"He is."

 

Seeing her head hung low, her friends avoided the topic. A week later, they were home watching a movie.

 

"He gave me his card." She blurted. "What?"

 

So Min was so focused on the movie she didn’t even look at her.

 

"He asked me to call him in case I was …." She didn’t finish her words and ran to the bathroom throwing up. Min Young and So Min exchanged some looks.

 

 

"You need to take a pregnancy test." They were soothing her in her bad, she spent three days laying down and throwing up.

 

"What makes you think I am!" She argued. "Okay, okay, let’s take you to hospital."

 

---

 

She was forced to hospital. The doctor came in with a bright smile.

 

"Mme. Moon?"

 

"Yes." She sat on bed.

 

"It’s a little fatigue and it’s natural. You need to take extra vitamins and also here is a list of things to avoid." He handed her a paper. No smoking, no drinking ... no , no, no …

 

"Why … why do I need those?"

 

"You didn’t know? You’re pregnant, three weeks now!" Her jaw dropped, never expecting it.

 

---

 

Her friends tried convincing her otherwise but she didn’t listen. She was having an abortion the next day.

 

"He’s the best man you’ll ever meet in your life; you’re blowing your chance."

 

"So Min is right, he could be your fate." No matter what they say, she made her choice.

 

"I should have gone for him instead of you. You’re scared of responsibilities, aren’t you?"

 

"Min Young!" So Min scolded.

 

"We’re both single and desperate. He is the perfect guy a girl like you … no even for perfect girls he is the best!"

 

"That’s why!" Chae Won didn’t know what else to say. "What?" Min Young blinked her eyes. "He is perfect, he deserves better than me."

 

"But we don’t know him! How could he be perfect?" So Min tried to cheer the mood a little. "You can tell."

 

---

 

She was waiting for her turn. The nurse called her.

 

"Mme. Moon, we need the father’s signature to pursue the abortion." Her face fell; he was the last person she planned to tell the news.

 

"I … I don’t know who the father is." The nurse gave her a doubting look. She avoided her stares.

 

"I don’t agree!!" She turned to see Seung Gi standing with her friends. She didn’t understand a thing, she was dragged to a car then she was in his apartment again. It must be her friends that contacted him.

 

"You will live here from now on; I’ll take care of your needs and the baby’s after he comes to the world." She walked around the room. Last time she didn’t look around she was amazed how tidy he is.

 

"What will you tell your parents?"

 

"We’ll get married." He simply said. "What!" He said it like a normal thing.

 

"Are you this kind of man? Marrying a girl you’re not even attracted to."

 

"You are beautiful."

 

"That’s not what I mean!" It was useless debating with him. She ended up agreeing on living with him for now.

 

---

 

It was past a month. Though he was busy with his work, he called her all the time to check on her. He always accompanied her to her doctors, and looked after her.

 

"Is there a thing you crave for? I’ll cook dinner and you can invite your fiends if you want."

 

"Really? I want to eat cheesecake, and chocolate. I really want some chocolate." Her friends glared at her after she hung up. She avoided their eyes and smiled at her phone.

 

"You fell for him, didn’t you?" So Min asked blinking her eyes.

 

"Idiot, she fell for him at first sight." Chae Won blushed.

 

"How could she not? She hit the jackpot."

 

"Even my Joon doesn’t stand next to him."

 

"You must have saved a country in you previous life."

 

She smiled, she really was lucky, thought they were just a man and a woman who happen to be given birth to their kid in seven months and weren’t emotionally involved with each other, she was happy with the current situation.

 

"Did you confess?"

 

"I won’t, he just treats me nice because I carry his child."

 

"Hey, how are you going to fit in your bridesmaid’s dress with your fat stomach?" Chae Won hit So Min shoulder. "I won’t come." Receiving a death glare from her, she froze. "I will don’t worry. By the way, Seung Gi invited you over for dinner tonight."

 

"Really? That’s so nice of him."

 

---

 

The girls sat on table while Seung Gi served the food. It was a surprise so they didn’t help him.

 

"You’re so lucky girl." They used the time he went to bring desert to chat.

 

"He’s better than I thought." They kept quiet as they heard his footsteps.

 

"This is for Chae Wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter