Package

SUPER Junior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBhUIRZ_USg (Super Junior Performing on Inkigayo ^_^)

“I can’t believe you guys actually made it,” Leeteuk said, as they exited the stage, a grin plastered on his face.

“Seriously,” Siwon said, “You guys are amazing!”

“Yeah,” Kangin agreed. But he was eyeing Eunhyuk suspiciously. “How did you get here so fast?”

Eunhyuk shrugged, winking at Donghae who looked like he was about to collapse. Eunhyuk’s smile faltered as Donghae sunk onto the couch. “Oh, you know, we flew.”

Kangin rolled his eyes and went to change and Eunhyuk sat down next to Donghae. “You okay?”

“Have you ever been so tired that your body feels like steel and every time you breathe you almost pass out? That’s how I’m feeling right now. I think you need to lose some weight before I take you flying with me again.”

Eunhyuk scowled as the corners of Donghae’s mouth tightened—trying not to smile. He jabbed a finger into Donghae’s rib, his only ticklish spot, and Donghae jerked at the touch. “I think you need to build your stamina. And get some sleep.”

Donghae smiled and put his head on Eunhyuk’s shoulder. Just then the manager walked up, holding a small box in his hands. He held the box out to Donghae. “For you,” he said.

Donghae took the box, turning it over in his hands. “I love presents!” he said, the excitement shaking off the tiredness for the moment. The box was about the size of a book and was wrapped in silver and black stripped paper. Shaking the box against his ear Donghae asked the manager, “Who’s it from?”

The manager shrugged. “A fan gave it to me after the show, said it was for you.” The manager turned to leave, but then stopped. “Don’t forget about the magazine shoot tonight at 6.”

“Alright, yeah,” Donghae said, still examining the box. The manager rolled his eyes and walked away.

“What do you think is in it?” Donghae asked Eunhyuk.

“Why don’t you just open it, pabo,” Eunhyuk said, stealing the package from Donghae and shaking it. The box was lighter than he’d expected and there was only a faint rattling when he shook it.

Donghae stole the box back and stuck his tongue out. With a grin, he carefully began peeling off the paper. Eunhyuk could almost feel Donghae’s excitement shaking the couch and he sighed. They received gifts from fans all the time and Eunhyuk had lost most of his excitement for it, but not Donghae. He always looked like a kid on Christmas when he received a present.

Slowly Donghae opened the box and from where he was sitting Eunhyuk couldn’t see what was inside. He just felt Donghae freeze and then he slammed the box shut, his eyes darting madly around the room.

“What is it?” Eunhyuk asked. He reached for the box and Donghae didn’t stop him.

Eunhyuk lifted the lid and gasped. Inside was a black and white photo, zoomed in on two people flying through the sky. He recognized himself, a huge smile on his face in the photo, and Donghae as they flew over Seoul. In the bottom right corner of the photo was an address and the words: September 9. Midnight. Come alone.

Eunhyuk shut the lid and glanced over at Donghae who was almost trembling. “Someone knows,” he whispered, meeting Eunhyuk’s eyes. “This is bad.”

“Hey, what’s that?” Leeteuk had walked up behind them and both Eunhyuk and Donghae jumped.

“N-nothing!” Eunhyuk said loudly and the other Super Junior members turned to see what was going on.

“What have you got there?” Leeteuk asked again, reaching for the package, an impish look on his face. “? Let me see!”

“No!” Eunhyuk shouted as Leeteuk dove on top of him.

Donghae grabbed the package from Eunhyuk and sat on it, but Leeteuk just changed targets, laughing. The other members had gathered around the couch. “What’s going on?” Kangin asked.

Eunhyuk had managed to get his arms around Leeteuk’s waist to keep him from pinning Donghae. “Donghae’s hiding !” Leeteuk laughed.

“Really?” Kangin’s face lit up. “Let me see!”

“No!” Donghae shouted this time as Kangin reached for him. “It’s not and you can’t see it!”

“Hyung, wait! Look at this!” This time it was Sungmin who shouted, and for a moment everyone paused—Kangin a hand around Donghae’s wrist, Eunhyuk still holding down Leeteuk, and the other members staring at the unfolding spectacle in awe.

In his hand, Sungmin held the black and silver striped paper the box had been wrapped in and there was a look of horror on his face.

As soon as Leeteuk saw the paper his eyes widened with the same fear and horror. He stopped fighting against Eunhyuk’s grip and instead turned to Donghae. “You got one too.”

Donghae stared back at the leader, confused. “What do you mean? You got one of these boxes?”

Leeteuk nodded and looked around at the other members around the couch. Each wore the same horrified look as they stared at the black and silver paper. “We all did.”

“Donghae,” Ryeowook said, “What’s your power?”

Donghae looked the way Eunhyuk felt—so shocked and surprised that it looked like his eyes were going to pop out of his head. “Uh. . .” Donghae met Eunhyuk’s eyes.

Shindong sighed and pointed at himself. “I can run at the speed of light.” He pointed at Kyuhyun. “Kyu can manipulate time.” His finger traveled around the members. “Leeteuk can hear things from a hundred miles away. Kangin can shrink things. Heechul can become invisible, Ryeowook is super strong, Sungmin controls the weather, and Siwon is a shapeshifter.”

Shindong sighed again, looking Donghae in the eye. “What is your power?”

Still shocked, it took Donghae a moment to reply. “I-I-I, uh, can fly.”

Heechul threw his head back and groaned. “Man, that’s the power I wanted! How come Donghae got it?”

“Can someone please explain what in the world is going on?” Eunhyuk asked, finally finding his own voice. He felt like he was in a strange dream and half expected baboons to show up dancing to Gangnam Style.

“We don’t really know either,” Siwon said. “I found out I could shapeshift a few months ago, and I was the first one to get a package. It had a picture of me in mid-transformation—I was changing into a duck—and it said September 9. Midnight. Come alone.

“I didn’t tell anyone, but the next week I saw a similar package arrive for Sungmin and asked him about it. We’ve all gotten a package and they all came with pictures of us using our powers. I’d assume yours is of you flying?”

Donghae nodded. “Why didn’t you tell us?”

Kyuhyun shrugged. “It’s hero 101. You don’t tell other people you have powers unless something freaky like this happens. That way, you can keep mortals safe.”

Sungmin rolled his eyes. “We’re still mortal too, dummy. Just because you can manipulate time doesn’t mean you can’t die.”

“Actually, it does because if I knew someone was about to kill me I could stop time and run away. Or I could go back in time and stop it from happening—”

“But that could totally damage the past and the future if you did something like that and then—”

“Wait a second,” Eunhyuk said, holding up his hand and stopping the argument. He was trying to process all of this, but there was one thought that kept barreling through his mind. “So, you mean all of you have super powers?” He sank back in the couch and threw his hands up. “What a gip! Why don’t I have any powers?”

Leeteuk shrugged. “We’re still trying to figure out where our powers came from. There’s no logic to it. Siwon got his several months ago, I discovered mine last week. And we’ve all had such different schedules, I can’t think of any place or thing all of us have done lately to cause this.”

“This !” Eunhyuk pouted.

“Don’t worry, Eunhyuk,” Heechul said with an evil grin on his face. “You can be my sidekick.”

Donghae waggled a finger at Heechul. “Nope, he’s already my sidekick.” Then he turned to Leeteuk. “But I still don’t understand. Who’s sending the packages?”

“We don’t know,” he replied. Then he thought for a moment and asked, “Can I see your package?”

Donghae grabbed the box from underneath him and handed it to the leader. Leeteuk opened the box and nodded at the picture inside. “Yup. Same address as the rest of us.”

Eunhyuk scoffed. “Pretty stupid to tell you all to ‘come alone’ and then have you meeting at the same place.”

Everyone laughed and the tension that had filled the room broke for a moment. But then Sungmin said quietly, “The meeting is in two days. What are we going to do?”

Eunhyuk felt a nervous tightness in his chest. “Whoever is gathering you for this meeting has close eyes on all of you,” he said. “That picture of Donghae and I was taken just a few hours ago on our way here.”

Kangin let out a long low whistle as he picked up the picture from the box. “You rascal. You weren’t lying when you said you flew here.”

“Yeah, whoever it is, they’re definitely watching us,” Leeteuk said, shifting uncomfortably.

“I think we should just pretend we never got them,” Heechul said. “We are huge stars. Whoever sent it doesn’t know for sure we even got the packages. For all they know, the manager hyung just threw them away.”

Just then the manager hyung appeared, as if he had been summoned. He poked his head into the dressing room and all the members jumped. “Are you kids ready? The van is waiting.”

Leeteuk nodded and stood up. “We’re coming.”

The manager smiled and as soon as he left, Leeteuk sighed and turned to face the members. “I know this is all kind of scary and exciting. But, regardless, we still have our fans that we can’t disappoint. So let’s not be alone, not do anything reckless, and not worry about the meeting for now.”

The members nodded, but from the looks on their faces, everyone knew it would be hard not to worry.

“Sure,” Heechul muttered as they filed out the dressing room door, on to the next schedule. “Strange powers, strange messages, and blackmail. What’s there to worry about?”