Lights Go on Again

I'll Love You Always, quietly.....

It’s been months since our breakup. I kept telling to myself that everything was just a nightmare and decided to move on. I’ve been really busy as I’ve been accepting roles after roles just to keep myself busy and not wanting to think of being in a relationship with anyone. Our BEAST oppas is also preparing for their 5th anniversary comeback. Their teasers were  great and since I’m close to them, I’ve listen to their songs and they were DAEBAK!! My favourites are tracks entitled  ‘12:30’and ‘Stay’. Despite busy preparing for their comeback, we still keep in touch. Gikwang oppa even visited our filming siteseveral times right after their practice. Too often sometimes to the extend that some of the filming staffs  suspected us  being in a relationship which I strongly denied because Gikwang oppa is just an oppa. 

 

“________ ah. We’re having a meeting with President Hong this afternoon. I heard that they’ve been planning to cast you  for a dating reality show.” Gary oppa told me all the while I was making us drinks. I nearly spilled the water I was pouring. 

 

“Dating program? Why me? Can’t they ask other people? There are several unnies here who should start finding partners.” 

“Well, apparently, all the other girl groups had done at least one dating program. G.Na and Ji Hyun of 4minute did  Romantic & Idol, and Naeun of Apink did WGM with Taemin of Shinee. So, you’re the only actress of our agency for the  time being and your popuarity is also rising. That’s why.” Gary oppa replied smilingly. 

I groaned.

“Well, think of it this way. It’s just another schedule which you need to fill in. Don’t worry.” Gary oppa patted my head.

“Fine. Let’s go and meet Papa Hong.”

 

When we reach our agency, we went directly to Papa Hong’s office.

 

“Annyeong Papa Hong......!”

“Oh ________ ah. You’re finally here. How have you been doing? Did Gary briefed you about our meeting today?”

“I’m great. Just busy. Yes, he did and I don’t like it one bit.” I said poutingly.

“Hahahaha. It’s a valuable experience. You’ve been busy and I bet you’ve never been in a relationship ever since you reached Korea right?” 

You don’t know, Papa Hong. But, I’ve dated your favourite. Yoon Doojoon for a while. I thought to myself.

“That’s because I’ve never really given it a thought. Besides, I love my career too much to care about my love life.  Hahaha..” I answered bitterly. I can feel Gary oppa’s smirk at my comment. Well, I will deal with him later. 

“Papa Hong, why aren’t we starting?” I asked wondering.

“Well, that’s because you will have to wait for your future virtual husband.” I almost choked on my tea that was served a  while ago.

“What do you mean? What he’s saying oppa?” I turn to Gary oppa.

Gary oppa being quiet scares me a lot.

“Well, the production team has spoken to us and decided that they wanted to have a couple who are from the same  agency. Our agency was their first choice. At first, I was worried but seeing as how his plan can actually promote our  agency which means more income for us, I agreed. Besides, I have faith in my kids. You guys never let me down. Since  you're close  to BEAST....”

“BEAST??!!!! I’m paired up with one of the BEAST’s oppas???” My voice must have been quite loud because Gary oppa   and Papa Hong looked stunned. 

“I’m sorry. But, why them?”

 

There was a knock and .... 

“I’m sorry I’m late. We’ve just finished practice and I came as soon as I could.”

That voice.

“Oh, Doojoon ah. Come. Sit. I was just explaining to _______ about this program you two will feature in. It’s a dating  program!.” I can hear the excitement in Papa Hog’s voice. I just don’t understand his enthusiasm. 

 

“Well, as I was saying ______ ah, like you, BEAST has never participated in a dating program. Plus, we’ve got B2UTY’s  permission. They were quite eager to see how their prince would perform as a virtual husband and their favourite  actress_______ as a his lovely virtual wife.”

 

I can sense that he’s as dumbfounded as I am but he was such a great person to accept each and every command given  to him. He has always kept everything to himself. 

 

“Papa Hong, are you sure that you want us to do this? I mean. We’re not that close. It will be super awkward.” I said  timidly.

 

“But the other BEAST members said that you were closest to Doojoon compared to the others.”

“The boys said what?!” I can here him gritting his teeth while asking that. I laughed silently. Well, those guys are going to  have it really good from their leader tonight. Hmm... Just as I thought I could run away from him, this happen. 

“I’ll do it.” Doojoon oppa looked at me intensely.

“Are you sure ______ ah?” he asked carefully.

“Yes. Well, it’s just another schedule. It’s work. We’re getting paid. Plus, I kinda need more public recognition. Hahaha.” I answered as calm as possible.

 

“So, Doojoon? How about you?” Papa Hong asked.

 

“Fine, I’ll do it. But, I’ll do it my way.” I’m not sure what that meant but he’s stubborn in his own way and he does what he  says.

“Fair enough. Your first filming will be tomorrow. Gary and Ji Yong has the scenario script given by the production staffs. Well, all the best and make CUBE Entertainment proud.” Papa Hong pulled us into a group hug.  

 

#out of the office

 

“______ ah.”

I ignored him.

“______ ah.” This time he grabbed my hand and his grip was tight.

“What is it oppa?” I looked at him with a blank expression.

“We don’t have to do this, you know. I don’t want you to be in an uncomfortable position.”

Oh how I miss his voice.

“I’m okay with it. It’s just work, oppa. There wouldn’t be any feelings involved. You have my word.” With that said, I pulled out my hand and walked away leaving him standing. 

You can do this ______ ah. Prove to him that you’ve moved on.

 

 

Doojoon’s POV

 

“I’m okay with it. It’s just work, oppa. There wouldn’t be any feelings involved. You have my word.” 

Listening to her saying that hurts my heart even more. ‘Stop trying so hard to be okay _____ ah. I was wrong.’

I head back to our practice room and decided to lay back and listen to my iPod. A reality show with _______. Even worse. A dating program. I love her so much that I don’t think I can refrain myself from being sincere throughout the filming. The media would notice and go crazy about it. Hmm... Besides, it’s the boys doing? They suggested me to be cast together  with _______. Speaking of which, I’m going to kill those kids. Can’t they see that putting us both in this situation is going  to worsen things. Hmm...

 

“Hyung!”

 

Now that’s going to be my first target.

 

“Hyung, I heard the news. You will be doing a reality show with ______ ah, right?” 

It was our so-called innocent maknae.

“Don’t act like you have nothing to do with it, Dongwoon ah. Come here, you deserve a smack on the head.” We ran  around our practice room as I was trying to get a hold of him. 

“What are you guys doing?” Haa... It’s Yoseob.

“Hyung! Run! Doojoon hyung knows about us pairing him up with ______ for the show!” Dongwoon said.

“Mwo?!” 

Just then, I managed to grab hold of his collar before he could escape.

“Yah! Son Dongwoon. Ppali, come here. How could you make your hyung your scapegoat.” I tried to reason with him.

“Mianhe hyung. But, it wasn’t only us both. Junhyung hyung, Hyunseung hyung and Gikwang hyung are involved to.”

The three of us finally lay side by side, panting from all the chasing and escaping. 

“How could you guys do that? You know how we had to breakup. Now, all of the sudden doing a dating program with my  exgirlfriend knowing the fact that we still have feelings for each other. Isn’t it absurd? It’s going to torture _______ as  much as it will torture me.” 

“Doojoon ah. That’s the very reason we’re doing this. You told us you broke up with her for the sake of ______ and our  beloved B2UTIES. We want to show you that our B2UTIES won’t mind you having love in your life. Can’t you see?  Through this program, both of you can ease your relationship into the public without complicating things. Start over  with _______ Doojoon ah. _______ might look strong but she’s broken inside. She’s accepting all kinds of job offer just to keep her mind of things. You guys broke up before you even get to know each other well. Alone, she’s fragile but with you by her side, she’s the strongest lady I’ve known. Together, both of you can overcome anything.” 

 

I can’t believe I’m hearing this from Yang Yoseob. But, I had to admit, he was better in understanding girls than I am.  Especially our fans. I’m thankful for having him as a dear friend. 

 

“Are you sure about this? About us having a future despite our celebrity world?” Still having doubt, I asked.

“What have you got to worry about? You have us. Remember, BEAST are one. Whatever happen, we’re together in this. Besides, we already consider ______ our sister in law.” Gikwang said. I didn’t even realise when did he came. Junhyung and Hyunseung are also here with me.

“Gikwang’s right, you know.” Junhyung finally speaks.

Hmmm....

“Arasso. Guys, we’ll begin operation ‘Winning ______ Back’.” I finally agreed.

“Assa! Hwaiting!” Dongwoon cheered.

“But, how do I start?” with that said, I receive a smack on the head from Junhyung.

“Aigoo! This kid. Start by being nice to _______. Everything will fall in place naturally.”

“Yah! Appo.” Rubbing my head. “I’ll try my best.”   

 

 

 

 

 

p/s: Happy 5th Anniversary BEAST!! Please stay with each other longer. Love u!!!