Letting Go

SAY GOODBYE...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun entered the coffee shop looking for that someone he promised to meet. He found her sitting at the back end corner, fidgeting with the ring on her finger. He approached her and said hello when he arrived.

 

"Hey, Kyuhyun Oppa. Sit down."

 

"Thank you." Kyuhyun still feels awkward meeting her face to face like this.

 

There was silence for a while. Both trying to get rid of the awkwardness in the air. After a few minutes, Stella broke the silence.

 

"Kyuhyun Oppa, I won't beat around the bush, I hope you dont' mind."

 

"Go ahead, Stella. I'm listening."

 

"I'm gonna fight for Siwon Oppa. I won't let this slip away again like how I let it go in the past." Stella was staring straight at Kyuhyun, tears b in the side of her eyes. "I know you know by now about his plan for tomorrow. I'm not gonna let it happen, Kyuhyun Oppa. I'll do my best to make him stay..."

 

Kyuhyun admired Stella's straight forwardness. He would probably do the same thing if he were in her shoes.

 

"This is why I have to ask you a favor, Oppa..." Stella continued.

 

"What is it, Stella?"

 

"Please don't get too close to Siwon anymore. Avoid him as much as you can. I understand you two work together, and that cannot be controlled.  But I hope you allow me to make Siwon love me back because I'm determined to do so. I wouldn't be able to do that if you are always by his side."

 

Kyuhyun smiled. "Actually, you didn't have to tell me, Stella. I already have plans..." His heart started to ache, realizing what he has decided to do.

 

"What do you mean, Oppa?"

 

"I'm letting Siwon go. I am going to give way, Stella. After tomorrow, I'm leaving for the States. I have accepted the offer of auditioning for a musical there. Please do not tell Siwon this. I don't want him to know until I have left. I know he will do something stupid if he learns about it." Kyuhyun felt his eyes are starting to get misty but he needs to control this. "Don't let him ruin his relationship with his dad, Stella. Please don't let him end your engagement."

 

Stella didn't know what to say. She was actually moved by what Kyuhyun intends to do. She thought he would fight for his love yet, here he is willing to endure the pain of leaving Siwon.. willing to withstand the aftermath of his decision. Siwon would be devastated, she can tell. But Kyuhyun is taking the risk.

 

Stella smiled at Kyuhyun but was still speechless. She just kept on tearing silently, overwhelmed by what the older was telling her.

 

He really loves Siwon Oppa. Stella realized. They really love each other too much.

 

Siwon was ready to win back and fight for Kyuhyun and yet, here was the other, willing to sacrifice his everything just to save Siwon's relationship with his father. The man in front of her would absorb all the pain this situation will bring.

 

Unconditional Love. She thought. Siwon and Kyuhyun expressed their unconditional love for each other in different ways.

 

"Stella, are you alright?" Kyuhyun asked in a concern tone.

 

Stella nodded. "I am fine, Oppa." She wiped the last drop of tear with the back of her hand. "Thank you, Kyuhyun Oppa. Thank you."

 

Kyuhyun smiled back at her, not knowing Stella just had a realization that would change things completely from now on.

 

____

 

It was the evening Kyuhyun and Siwon dreaded. Siwon was fidgety all night long. He was all suited up, looking as handsome and as dashing as ever. He was seated at the main table at the center of the hall together with Stella, her parents and his parents. Siwon kept on looking at his watch. He wanted him to be there before he announces his decision to everyone... but Super Junior hasn't arrived.

 

Stella noticed that Siwon felt uneasy. She covered his hand with hers. "They will be here soon, Oppa. Don't worry." Stella looked gorgeous in her off-white, off-shouldered, body hugging evening gown. She had prepared herself tonight. For the first time in her life, she felt she will be doing the right thing. Stella was confident that Siwon and her, including Kyuhyun, would get through with what's gonna transpire tonight. She smiled at Siwon. Siwon just sighed.

 

The group of men entering the ballroom caught everyone's attention. They were all beaming donned in their suits. Leeteuk was leading the pack, with their managers not far behind. Siwon stood up after eyeing them from the other side of the hall. He searched for the boy he most wanted to see. And there he was, looking as beautiful as he has ever been in Siwon's eyes. The taller male restrained himself to run to him and lock him in his arms.

 

We will be together again, my love. After tonight, it will all be alright. Siwon whispered in the wind.

 

Siwon's mother asked him to sit down as his father welcomed the boys. After saying hello and speaking with Leeteuk for a bit, Mr. Choi went straight to the stage.

 

"Good evening, everyone. Thank you all for coming here tonight. We are all glad to share with you this wonderful chapter in my only son's life. But before the special announcement you are all anticipating, I would like to call on one of my son's GOOD FRIEND on stage. He will be serenading our couple and all of us with a song to start the night. Everyone, please give a warm applause to the youngest Super Junior member, Cho Kyuhyun."

 

Leeteuk rubbed Kyuhyun's back soothingly as he headed for the stage. All the members gave him the "you can do it" look and had concern in their eyes.

 

The applause echoed the room. Kyuhyun went up the stage. He whispered something to the man behind the piano before he started to speak.

 

"Hello, everyone. Good evening. I am Super Junior's Kyuhyun. The members and I are happy to share this special night with our beloved Siwon, who would soon realize one of his dreams..." Kyuhyun searched for his boyfriend's eyes. Their stares met and the taller male shook his head, disagreeing with what Kyuhyun said last. The younger saw the love and regret in the older's eyes. Don't cry, Cho Kyuhyun.. don't. Kyuhyun told himself. "I have prepared a song for tonight. A song that is included in my upcoming solo mini-album. A song very close to my heart. This is a remake of a famous song by a very good friend. A song I sincerely dedicate to our couple, especially to my dear friend, Choi Siwon-ssi. I wish for your happiness and blissful life ahead."

 

The piano started to play a familiar tune. The rest of the members all looked surprised why their youngest chose this song. Siwon also had a wondering look on his face.

 

Kyuhyun's soft and captivating voice started to resonate the entire room. It started to capture everyone's heart as he began to speak through the song...

 

 

Nunmureun gieokhana bwa

(My tears remember)

Geudae jaril tto chawowa

(It feels up your seat again)

Jiwo bwado jiul suga eomneun

(I try erasing but I can't erase you)

Nae jeonbuga doen geudae

(You've become my everything)

 

Kyuhyun locked his gaze at Siwon, as if talking to him with all his heart.

 

You bol suga eobseodo deureul su eobseodo

(You, I can't see you, I can't hear you)

Geuraedo nan gwaenchanha

(But I'm okay)

 

A tear fell from the side of his eyes… a lone tear that represents his heart.

 

Ibyeori seulpeodo tto gaseumi siryeodo

(Goodbyes are sad, my heart aches)

 

Kyuhyun slightly smiled.

 

Geudaeman haengbokhadamyeon useul su itdamyeon nan

(But if you are happy, if you can smile, then I...)

Jiulsurok deo geuriwojigetjyo

(I will miss you the more I erase you)

Oneulboda deo nunmul heulligetjyo

(I will shed more tears than today)

 

Kyuhyun’s tears now didn’t care if it flowed endlessly as he reached for those high notes in the song. His eyes never left the only person he sees in the room. Yes, he only sees Siwon... only them in this room tonight.

 

Unmyeongcheoreom naegen dasi eobseul

(Like fate, I won't ever have anyone like you)

Dan hana only you

(Dan hana.. only you)

Nunmulmankeum geudae haengbokhagil

(As much as my tears, I hope you are happy)

 

Kyuhyun closed his eyes before singing the next line…

 

Good bye my love.

 

As he opened his eyes, he searched again for Siwon in the room.

 

Gaseumeun algo innabwa

(My heart already knew)

Teojildeutan i geurium

(This feeling of loneliness that's about to explode)

Gamchwo bwado gamchul suga eomneun

(I try to hide it but I can't hide it)

Nae simjangi doen geudae

(You've become my heart)

 

 

Kyuhyun didn’t mask his heart anymore as he sang the song. Especially at this part.

 

You gajil su eobseodo manjil su eobseodo

(You, I can't have you, I can't touch you)

Geuraedo nan gwaenchanha

(But I'm okay)

 

"No, Kyuhyun. No." Heechul whispered and closed his eyes, feeling the pain their youngest was feeling.

 

“Kyuhyun-a…” Was all Leeteuk could mutter.

 

"." Kangin reacted.

 

Haneobsi apado tto nunmuri heulleodo

(Endless pain.. tears shed again)

Geudaeman haengbokhadamyeon useul su itdamyeon nan

(But if you are happy, if you can smile, then I...)

 

Kyuhyun's had his eyes only at the older the entire time. Siwon now bawling so bad as the song continued on. He knew what his lover was saying. He was speaking out his heart and mind and it brought stabbing pain through Siwon’s heart… over and over and over again.

 

 

Jiulsurok deo geuriwojigetjyo

(I will miss you the more I erase you)

Oneulboda deo nunmul heulligetjyo

(I will shed more tears than today)

Unmyeongcheoreom naegen dasieobseul

(Like fate, I won't ever have anyone like you)

Dan hana only you

(Only you.. only you)

 

Jiwon was crying. Her mom was crying. Stella was crying. Some of the people in the crowd were crying, even if they are questioning why he was singing this song. Mr. Cho knew. He and Siwon and Kyuhyun and the members were the only ones who knew.

 

 

Nunmulmankeum geudae haengbokhagil

(As much as my tears, I hope you are happy)

 

Kyuhyun nodded his head and went on to sing the last few lines, with eyes pleading to the man he truly loves.

 

Han beonjjeumeun nareul saenggakhagetjyo

(You will think of me at least once)

Gakkeumssigeun uril chueokhagetjyo

(That's all I need, until the day we meet again)

 

Siwon buried his face in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter