Chapter 3

Will Love Conquer Hate?

 

Sulli hastily opened the rooftop’s door, her wide eyes captured a fragile girl in the same high school uniform as her was standing by the rooftop railing. Her shoulder were shaking with her head lower down, obviously she was crying so hard. Sulli’s trembly legs made her way slowly to approach the girl. Sulli’s hands clenched as hard as her heart beating about to explode with every step she took forward, but she was stopped when that girl noticed her presence and she quickly turned around. Sulli could see the dagger glare was sent by her with those puffy eyes yet the beautifulness still shined under the bright sunlight.

“Choi Sulli! You !!!” The girl spoke thru her clenched teeth. Tears ran down on her cheek like waterfalls. “Are you happy now to successfully make everyone make fun of me and even bewitching the whole school to believe you that I’m so bad and fake?”

“No, it’s not me to spread that. It’s not me Suzy yah. I don’t know anything.” Sulli said and shook her head. “But---But another thing I have to argue. I was just speaking the truth. The truth that you’re actually wro---”

“Shut the f*** up, Choi Sulli!” Suzy shouted at her. “After seeing me like this, you still have gut to accuse me like that?”

“I didn’t accuse you, Suzy.” Sulli raised her voice back. “Why you can’t accept the fault of yours when---” Sulli stopped herself when suddenly Suzy shouted and cried hysterically. Sulli started to approach her again and tears started to brim in the corner of her eyes. She sensed Suzy attempted to do something stupidly. “Suzy yah, please don’t be like this. Don’t do anything stupid. Come here, we still can talk. Tell me, do you have any difficulty you cannot solve and I’ll try to help you or you want me to call Minho? It’s okay just telling me, what do you want me to do?”

“I want you to jump from this high school’s rooftop and die. I want you get lost out of my sight forever, want you to vanish in Minho’s life. Will you do it? Can you just die now and will never return?” Suzy continued to yell.

 Sulli was stun while tears flowing down from her eyes. She almost couldn’t believe that Suzy hated her this much. That extreme hatred in her eyes didn’t just appear because of what unpleasantly happened between them recently but seemed like since long. Why? She was not that pretty as much as Suzy. And not even dare to compare about their grades when Suzy was so much better than her hundred times. Suzy got the attention from both beauty and brain. So it only meant one thing, it was because of she’s Minho’s fiancée.

“Suzy…” Sulli uttered inaudibly. She couldn’t find any right word to say at this moment.

“Why? Guilt eats you alive now?” Suzy sarcastically asked and Sulli shook her head. She laughed. “Fine! Then I’ll make it happens. You don’t need to do what I badly want you to do because I’ll do it by myself.” Suzy said. She climbed on the balustrade and stood on it. Sulli gasped horrifically while shaking her head and mumbled Suzy’s name to make her stop with what she was trying to do. Suzy chuckled thru her streaming tears. She turned her back to Sulli and looked straight forward. “When I’m gone, don’t ever imagine that I will forgive you, Choi Sulli. Remember that for the rest of your life!”

“No no, Suzy. Don’t!! Please I’m begging you.” Sulli said, crying. She quickly took a hasty step to reach Suzy. She saw her threw her feet forward.

 

 

 

“SUZY…….” Sulli shuddered and sat up immediately after the nightmare struck her. She was perspiring all over and breath was hitching. Sulli shut her eyes tight to calm herself down first before opened back and looked at the clock. It was 1:00am.

Sulli opened her balcony door. She frowned when something caught her eyes. Her peace Lily plant, the one Minho destroyed last morning was here freshly. How could it turned pure white blossoms that looked so lovely now even in the night time? Sulli smiled and picked it up.

“Did Vic Unnie come here and saved my baby?” Sulli said to herself. She shook her head. “No, unnie would tell me if she came here and btw she is so busy. Then it must be Umma.”

Sulli brought the pot into her room and put it down on her study table. She sat down and held the spray bottle to mist the leaves. “You somehow look different to me. Are you really my baby?” Sulli talked to her plant and smiled but it wasn’t last longer. “You know what Lily, just now I dreamt sees her again. That unforgettable day came back to haunt me again after all this while I thought I was able to breathe. But the guilt returns to eat me.” Sulli heaved a deep sigh and forced a smile. “Ready baby, you look more even healthy now. I am sorry to let that frog hurt you.” Sulli caressed the leaves and before she knew it, tears rolled down from her eye. Her chest tightened. “I … I am sorry … very sorry, Suzy.”

 


 

Sulli kissed her parents’ on the cheeks and bid them a good bye. She came out and found Minho’s car already parked in front of her house. Sulli wanted to dig him again and ride the bus to college but in the end she chose to kick this thought away with a deep sigh. Sulli opened the door but found it was lock, she rolled her eyes and knocked the window annoyingly. Minho closed the book he was reading and unlocked it for Sulli.

“I thought you’d prefer the bus again.” Minho uttered and started the engine.

“Oh yeah! I’d loveeee to ride it again but I just pity someone might get scold from his parents.” Sulli replied in sarcastic tone.

“Really? Wow! Choi Idiot has such a big heart. Thank you very much then.” Minho responded in the same tone as her.

Sulli smiled at Minho. “You’re really welcome.”

Honestly, ironic words they threw to each other are so causal already. They get used to it ever since decade ago. Even if in front of their parents or friends, they aren’t even toned it down either.

Silence took over them about a few minutes before Sulli uttered, her eyes kept out of the window.

“Yah frog!”

“What?” Minho answered in instance, sounded pissed like usual.

“Do you hate me?” Sulli asked all of sudden, she frowned when Minho laughed.

“Of course I do and you don’t?” Minho answered.  

Sulli turned to look at him. “Wow! Can’t you at least pretend to think first before answer?”

“Oh c’mon my idiot fiancée, the way we always and easily create a war isn’t enough for you to see?” Minho said. “Think? There’s surely no need. The answer naturally popped out as soon as the question of yours finished. And I bet you’re no different.”

She stayed mum about a few seconds while her eyes kept on Minho. “Then all these years, we had said quit a lot about calling of our engagement when we argued but none of us made a move to keep that word. I’m just wondering if you ever wish for that to actually happen.”

This time Minho was alarmed, he took a quick glance at her before went back to concentrate on the road.

“Why?” Instead of answering quickly like before, Minho returned her a question.

Sulli shrugged and looked straight forward. “Well, I somehow just want to know that we hate each other to the core since we were kids but have one of us once used to imagine life without this knot that our parents tie us together.” Sulli paused before uttered incoherently. “Just so curious …. how would your life today if there isn’t me. Thus far you and she might be together happily now and me …. I may also live freely without guilt either.”

Sulli said in very low tone. She intently to make Minho won’t hear her but it was wrong, Minho heard it. He gripped the steering wheel tightly and controlled his breath to turn normal, concentrated on driving. Silence then took over them yet tension spread inside the space, none of words would hear anymore until they arrived in the campus.

 


 

“Yah! You’re spacing out.” Jinwoon draped his arm around Minho’s shoulder.

“Huh? You say?” Minho confusedly looked at the lad. He sighed in annoyance when Jinwoon raised one of his eyebrows. “Don’t you see? This way only directs to the library. I’m making my way to library.”

“Wah! It seems so serious. Once in century, genius Choi Minho’s answer was out of the question.” Jinwoon said. “I just thought about to deal with you today about what you embarrassed me in front of Jiyeon yesterday. But now I changed my mind.”

Minho stopped and rolled his eyes. “Just don’t disturb me and get lost. Go to get your 5 years crush already.”

“Nope, we are brother dude, so friendship must come first before love.” Jinwoon said and grinned. “Tell me, what’s bothering you?”

“Y.O.U.” Minho answered immediately and pushed Jinwoon’s hand off of his shoulder and walked away.

Jinwoon continued following Minho but then he heard something. He grabbed Minho to stop with him. “Yah! I think I heard Jiyeon’s voice and also your fiancée’s. It sounds fighting.”

Minho felt his blood rushed to his brain when he as well heard Sulli’s voice likely in argument. He took a deep breath. “Put your hand off of me, I’m going now.”

“Yah yah!!! Aren’t you going to do anything?” Jinwoon yelled from behind but Minho ignored him.

 

 

 

“Jiyeon look! I didn’t remember I ever displeased you somewhere. But how could you do this to me?” Sulli said, trying to sound nice as much as she could. Sulli just learnt that Jiyeon was the one who framed her with that cheating incident and earlier she even caught Jiyeon talked bad about her to her friends. Sulli heaved a sigh when Jiyeon gave her a disgust look. “Are you mocking at me? You should at least express your sorry even though it’s sincere or not.” Sulli chuckled unbelievably. “Then should I report this to discipline officer right now?”

Instead felt threatened, Jiyeon laughed and clapped her hands. “So this is what you threaten people like how you used to accuse Suzy and spread about her?” Jiyeon said cynically. Sulli in instance felt her whole body turned trembly, even unable to open to argue back when out of blue Jiyeon brought that past up. Again, she remembered it. “What now? Can’t even think of any right word to say? Seeing you like this, I bet nightmare is hunting you every night. Yes, people like you deserve the sin you committed after ruining a person’s life.”

Sulli glared fiercely at Jiyeon, her blood boiled. “You knew nothing, Park Jiyeon. Just because you were her bestfriend, you don’t get to have any right to assume thing and judge me. She was coward to leave like that and you can’t blame me. Right or wrong, I exactly knew myself even Suzy herself knew it the best.”

Sulli turned around and about to walk off but her track was stopped when she saw Jinwoon is before her, smiling and there was Minho is behind him, staring at her with a coldest expression. Sulli looked away and continued to walk but when she passed Minho, he grabbed her hand.

“What a great liar you are! Just this morning you said you can’t live freely because of guilt and now it was vice versa.” Minho whispered, his hand griped Sulli’s wrist firmly. “It’s been two years. It's already the time to admit your wrong. Moreover, is it damn difficult to spare her your small respect?”

Sulli released Minho’s grip harshly, she strongly glared at him. With that Sulli kicked him hard on his lower leg to pour her anger. “You know what …. Just go to die.”

 


 

Victoria entered her shop and found Sulli was there. She smiled and put some equipment she carried down. “Sulli yah! You’re so early today.”

“Morning unnie!” Sulli greeted her cousin and smiled brightly. Only this place would keep that beautiful smile on her face. “Sorry unnie. I have to come early so I can finish some undone works since I can’t help you longer. Today Appa Umma and that frog …. Err no I meant Minho’s parents are going to have families gathering.”

“Ah it’s okay, honey. I’m thankful enough that you’re willing to help me every weekend and not to mention many free time you spent it here instead of going out with your fiancé.” Victoria said as Sulli rolled eyes. She then stepped closer to Sulli who was watering some plant attentively. “So do you have any clue of what topic the elders are having there?”

Sulli shrugged in no interest. “I don’t know but I guess nothing necessary besides giving us advices in studying and there those annoying lecture to put me and Minho in a good shape.” Sulli stopped her activity and turned to Victoria. “But the most headache one, when they narrate about their married lives. Like seriously, we are still young though. It’s not like we will marry right away right?”

Victoria shook her head and smiled. Didn’t know why but she could feel something is up with this families gathering but she chose not to continue discussing this topic to piss the younger. She then remembered something. “Right Sulli, did you know Minho come here a few days ago?

Sulli looked at Victoria. “He did? What for?” She turned back to continue what she was doing and uttered. “Your place is not a pond, frog doesn’t like it.”

“Maybe this frog made the journey for his princess.” Victoria answered and smiled. “He said he accidently destroyed your Lily and was a bit mean to you that day. So to make he felt better, he was here to look for a help.”

Sulli sighed and stayed silent. That was why she thought her peace Lily was kinda different. But that didn’t mean she appreciate his deed after what he had brought back of the great impact to her.

 


 

After the dinner of the two families had shared in Minho’s resident, the elders gave each other signal to move to Jisung’s study room. The serious topic finally kicked in as Minho and Sulli still had no clue about what were their parents up to. All the 6 of them sat down on the sofa, of course while the younger couple was forced to occupied place beside each other.

“Kids, do you have any idea why we are here now?” Minho’s dad, Jisung opened the conversation.

“Nope. Aren’t we just doing families causal meeting like usual?” Minho answered. He started to feel something wrong already.

“Yes, actually our main intention isn’t just like usual. We, parents have something to tell you both today. Well! After going through our thoughtful deliberation …. we think it’s time for you both to tie in the wedlock now.” Jisung said, seriousness in his voice and face looked straight to the shocking couple in front of him. His wife and Sulli’s parent also locked their eyes on them and nodded their heads in confirmation when Minho and Sulli looked at them with their eyes were so confused yet asking for help.

“I…I don’t agree.” Sulli finally said. “I mean we’re just turning 21 this year, too young to build our own family in this age.”

“I agree with her.” Minho added. “And at least we need to finish college first.”

“There’s no need to wait and that’s final, everything is all prepared.” This time Dongwook said and the next line was like a bomb dropped on Minho and Sulli. “The wedding is going to take place next month. Kids, you have 3 wise weeks to accept this. Sooner or later, your long-term engagement will still come to an end and now we just pull it to occur early. There is nothing different.”

Sulli just laughed in unbelievable. She looked at Minho as he remained silent but the sound of his chuckle was way much enough for her to understand that finally there was a thing in this world they have in common, no free will to argue. Sulli suddenly stood up.

“I am sorry. Abeonim, eomeonim, can I excuse myself to leave?” Sulli said politely to Minho’s parents. She then looked at Dongwook and Dahae. “Sorry appa umma, it’s too shock for me to accept. I hope you two can understand your daughter.” And that Sulli bowed to the elders respectably and left the room immediately.

The two mothers in instance went out to follow Sulli, leaving the fathers and Minho inside.

“So how about you, Minho?” Dongwook asked and Minho smiled faintly.

“Shock is another thing and so sudden is what I’m nonplusing now. But one thing for sure …. Do I have a choice?” Minho said, still his smile was there to give respect. “I don’t think I have.”

 

 

To be continued…..


I think my 3 updates are regular here but I’m sorry, the next might be taken days or even week I guess, still hope I can update early :)

Anyways thank you so much for reading. And again, I’m sorry for the mistakes.

Till the next update :D

Love You, guys……