Life's Surprises!

Life's Surprises!

 

CHAPTER ONE

 

It was 5:30am when my umma woke me up  from my deep slumber.

“Yoona! Get up! You’ll be late for school.” She shouted.

“But, umma, it’s only 5:30am! My class will start at 8am. Why are you in a hurry?” I replied while I’m still under my sheets and trying to go back to sleep.

“I’m just worried that you might miss out your first day as a senior student. Okay, go back to sleep.” She said and finally left my room.

 

The next thing I knew, it’s already 7:30am. I only have 30 minutes to prepare!

 

“UMMA! WHY DIDN’T YOU WAKE ME UP?! I’LL BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!” I said to my umma will trying to change my clothes.

“I tried to wake you up, but you didn’t want to be disturbed. And you said you’ll be up in a few minutes so I tried not to wake you up.” She said to me in reply.

“Ugh, alright. It’s my fault.” I replied.

 

I tried to fix my things and clean myself as fast as possible. At 7:55am, I left our house and rode on a bus going to Anyang High.

 

It took me 10 minutes before I reached my school.

 

“I wonder where will I find my friends.” I said.

 

I went to my first class which is located at room 306, third floor, at Multimedia Building. I still can't find my friends anywhere.

 

I stepped inside room 306. And luckily, the teacher isn't there yet. I sat at the second row and found my friend Taeyeon at the fourth row.

Taeyeon is one of my closest friends since we were still in our freshmen year. She is very entertaining and very sweet. She's pretty too. She is approachable and, many admire her because of her talents. I'm just lucky because I have her as one of my circle of friends. ^____^   

 

"Yaaa! Taeyeon-ah!" I shouted while I was fixing my things.

"Annyeong!" she replied and transferred beside me.

"How are you, Yoona? It's been a while since we last saw each other." she said to me while we hugged each other.

"I'm fine. I've been busy during our vacation. That's why I wasn't present when you guys went for a vacation at Jeju Island. But now, I'm here. I can finally catch up with you guys! Anyway, where's everybody? I've been looking for them since I arrived this morning." I replied.

"Well, they are located in the Recording Building just beside our building. They really missed you, Yoona!" she said.

"I missed you guys too! How about we hang-out later after class?" I asked her.

"That would be great! Let's go somewhere later! ^_^" She replied while smiling.

 

After a few hours, we went down and sat on a bench to wait for our friends to show up.

Finally, after a few minutes of waiting, they finally arrived. Sooyoung, Donghae, and Seohyun were all smiling while they walk nearer and nearer to where Taeyeon and I are seating.

"Yaaaa! Chingu!!!" Sooyoung shouted while walking towards me.

"Annyeong!" I greeted her and hugged her as soon as sat beside me.

"Yoona, it's been a long time!" Donghae said while he showing his breathtaking smile.

"Mianhe. I've been busy the whole summer and... I forgot to check on you guys." I replied and started to frown.

"It's okay, Yoona. Kaja! Let's eat somewhere where we could talk about our vacation and stuff." Taeyeon insisted.

 

We all started to walk going to a coffee shop named, "Purple Coffee" That place is very memorable to us since that was our favorite hang-out.

"So, Taeyeon..." Donghae started to open a conversation.

"Hmm?" Taeyeon looked at Donghae.

"I was wondering if... are you entertaining any guys lately?" he asked as slowly as he could.

"Uhm, no. Not really..." Taeyeon replied.

"Well you see..." Donghae said.

"OK guys let's order up!" Sooyoung shouted.

We went to the counter and bought something that would fill us up. I can see everyone was really excited to have our first hang-out after those lonely months. We gathered around a large table upstairs and everyone placed their orders on the table and started to dig in. Suddenly, I've noticed that I forgot to ask for a few packs of sugar since I ordered a cup of hot coffee.

"Hey guys, would you mind to keep an eye on my coffee? I kinda forgot to ask for a pack of sugar downstairs." I asked them

"Sure thing. Don't worry about it." Taeyeon smiled while drinking her frappuccino.

 

I stood up and walked straight to the stairs. When I was near the end of the stairs, I've noticed that there was a spill of water there. Suddenly, a kid was running down going towards me. I was frustrated so I tried to walk faster as I could but the kid was too fast.  The kid hit my back and I lost my balance. But luckily, there was a guy near the counter who saw the whole scenario. He immediately went near me and tried to catch me so I won't slip. The kid was lucky he didn't fall and he continued to run around. Kids, really.

"Excuse me, miss. Are you alright?" The guy with an angelic face said to me while he was holding my hand.

"Yes, I'm okay. Kamsahamnida!" I blushed because I was too embarrassed for what happened.

"Just be careful next time okay?" He  said with a worried face then let go of my hand.

 

I forgot what I was going to do after that incident happened. I mean, I've never seen a guy that handsome before! He must be an angel that fell from the sky.

After my friends and I had a gathering, we all said our goodbyes to one another and went straight home.

 

That night before I was about to go to sleep, I was lying on my bed thinking of that guy who saved me at the coffee shop.

"What could be his name? Aish! Why did I forget to ask his name. -___-" I said out loud.

He never really left my mind. I'm hoping I would see him again. I don't know why, but I can feel  that he has something that I would want to have. I just can't understand it. Oh well. I'd better get some rest now. It's 11:48pm and I'm still wide awake.