Balloon (LeoxChild!Ravi) {Part 1}

VIXX boyxboy One-Shots

"Appaaaaaa!"

 

 

 

"Appaaaaaaaaaaa!"

 

 

 

"Appaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

 

 

 

"Wonshik what did I say about shouting?"

 

 

 

"Not to!"

 


"Exactly and what are you doing now?"



"Shouting!"

 

 

 

I roll my eyes and get up from my couch, following the sounds of my son's shouts and I end up being lead into his room where I see him sitting on the small bed/couch at his window. I just stared for a moment, leaning my body against the doorframe as I watched him. After a moment or two he turned around and jumped, his hand coming to his heart.

 

 

 

"Appa you scared me!" Wonshik giggled, his eyes scrunching up into nothing.

 

 

 

I crack a small smile and walk towards him as he waves me forward. "Come look at this!" he calls again, only this time I don't scold him for yelling. He leans forward to press his hands against the glass and I panic. I grab his small body and pull him into my arms.

 

 

 

"Wonshik! Yah, don't touch the glass" I scold him, almost out of breath with fright and worry. He pulls his head out of my neck and pouts, "Mianhae Appa, I just wanted to show you the man with the balloons" he points back to his window. I let him down and he walks back to his little couch where he gets up and kneels on it, making sure not to touch the glass. I kneel down next to him and follow his gaze to see a man across the road with a balloon stand.

 

 

 

"Would you like to go and get a balloon Wonshik?"

 

 

 

My son looks up at me with a cheesy grin and nodded furiously. "Well go and get your shoes and coat on". Wonshik wasted no time and ran out of his bedroom to - supposedly -the front room where his coat hung and his shoes sat.

 

 

 

I put my coat on too and open the door, telling Wonshik to wait for me at the elevator and NOT to press the button or we'd forget about the balloon and would go straight back inside. I locked the door and followed after him. He kept turning around impatiently and when once I reached him he asked excitedly if he could finally press the button. I nodded and he pressed it, his grin not leaving his face.

 

 

 

We waited patiently for the elevator to finally reach our floors and once it did I had to hold Wonshik back so if there were people in there they could get out. I kind of wished I hadn't though because the person who walked out was none other than Cha Hakyeon - the only 24 year old male who could spread more gossip than any teenager girl.

 

 

 

"Oh Taekwoonie! Hello there Wonshikie! Looking all handsome in your coat I see. Where are you boys headed off to?"

 

 

 

He was just so loud and nosey, and always - always - called both my son and I Taekwoonie and Wonshikie when those are clearly not our names. It frustrated me to end.

 

 

 

"We're getting a balloon Hakyeonie!"

 

 

 

I pursed my  lip and mentally scolded my son. Hakyeonie was not his name, no matter how many times the man told him so.

 

 

 

"Oh that sounds like fun!" Hakyeon smiled down at my son and I wanted to growl at the man. I was very protective of my son, and I did not need an annoying influence like Cha Hakyeon to ruin his innocent and undisturbed frame of mind.

 

 

 

"Yes it does, so we really must go" I take Wonshik's hand and pull him into the elevator with me; pressing the close button repeatedly until the doors finally closed. "You don't like Hakyeonie do you Appa?" my boy questions. I bite my lip and force myself not to snap.

 

 

 

"Hakyeon" I put emphasis on his real name, "is a very loud person, and you know very well that I don't like loud noise or people who create it". A smirk finds it's way onto my baby's face as he crosses his arms over his chest.

 

 

 

"I make loud noises sometimes, but you still like me" he taunts. I roll my eyes as the door opens and Wonshik steps out of the elevator, holding out his hand and waiting for me. I take his hand and we walk through the lobby, while I try to think of something to say back.

 

 

 

We go through the revolving doors and out into the cold air. Wonshik shivers beside me and I bend down to his level. I make sure his coat is on properly and I rest my hands on his upper arms. "You're my son and I love you. I want you to be able to enjoy your childhood because its just me and you, I know the other kids at school have an Umma and an Appa but I want you to remember that just because it is me and you, doesn't mean I don't love you as much. Ok?"

 

 

 

Wonshik nods and swipes his tongue over his lips. "I love you too Appa". I smile softly at him and stand up again, my knees cracking momentarily. Wonshik giggles. I smile again and he holds my hand once again, "Come on lets go".

 


We wait to make sure there are no cars coming before walking across the road and towards the man with the balloon stand. Wonshik begins to giggle excitedly and pulls me forward so I would quicken my pace. I couldn't help the smile that tore it's way onto my face when I saw how giggly and happy Wonshik was. He was a happy child, never complained but he just never really expressed himself like I always hoped he would. I had hoped that he wouldn't have caught on to the way I acted, but I can see now that he certainly has and I try my hardest everyday to get that excitement back in his life. The excitement that left when his mother passed away.

 

 

 

We reach the man with the balloons and my heart pounds in a way I have only ever felt once before. "Hello there boys! How are we?". When Wonshik's mother passed, I found that I no longer found woman attractive. I was no longer sensitive to them, instead I was sensitive to males. Now in being sensitive to males, I could now see that the man in front of me was indeed one of the most stunning people I had ever seen. His velvet like lips seemed so enticing that I wanted to touch them to just simply see if there were indeed velvet. His eyes were warm, and more importantly welcoming.

 

 

 

"Hello! I'm Wonshik, this is my Appa and we would like a balloon please sir"

 

 

 

I shook my head to get rid of my thoughts and looked down at my son. Since when was he able to talk to strangers with such ease? Maybe he isn't as much like me as I had originally thought.

 

 

 

"Well hello Wonshik and his Appa. What kind of balloon can I get you sir"

 

 

 

"A blue one" Wonshik smiled excitedly up at the man. The gorgeous balloon chuckled and looked towards me. My heart stopped and I wanted to die when he spoke directly to me. "And what colour for you Wonshik's Appa?"

 

 

 

"Taekwoon, and I'm not getting one" I let out one of my rare smiles and my son gasped from beside me. I tugged at my sleeve and I bent down to his level, concern in my eyes as he poked the corner of my lip. "Appa you’re smiling! Appa you don't smile very often, but I think you should because you have a very pretty smile" Wonshik stated casually making me blush slightly. Did he really have to have this conversation right here? Right now? While we were in front of the gorgeous man with balloons.

 

 

 

"He's right Mr Taekwoon, you do have a lovely smile"

 

 

 

I looked towards the balloon man - noting to myself that I did indeed need to find out this man's name ASAP - and murmured a small thank you, the red blush on my cheeks becoming embarrassingly noticeable. "Your son says you should smile more, and the only way for you to smile more is to buy a balloon because balloons make everyone happy"

 

 

 

I couldn't help but chuckle softly at the man's totally unreasonable logic. "I would like a green one please". Balloon man grinned happily, looking as if he had just won first prize in a carnival because he had convinced me to buy a balloon. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but unless you're Wonshik then I'm very difficult to convince.

 

 

 

He handed Wonshik his blue balloon, making me son look up to me with wide eyes and a grin the size of the moon. "How great is my balloon Appa!?" he exclaims, once again shocking me with his how loud he is in front of a perfect stranger.

 

 

 

"It's very great Wonshik" I smile down slightly at my son. His happiness is mine. A moment or two later the balloon man had handed me my green one with a smile. "That will be $7.50 thank you". I handed him the money and told him to keep the change. He smiled widely and thanked me. "Have a wonderful rest of your day Wonshik and Taekwoon!"

 

 

 

"Bye!" Wonshik waved furiously before turning around and making his way towards the road. I turn back around once we reach the road to see the balloon man smiling at me; he brings his hand up to wave slightly. I blush - for some unknown reason - and wave back.

 

 

 

"Appa! Hurry up!" Wonshik shouts bringing me back to reality. I take the hand he has held out for me and walk with him across the road. He chatters on about his balloon happily as we walk back through the revolving doors, the lobby and finally into the elevator.

 

 

 

Even as we got into our apartment he was still going on about his blue balloon - that he had decided to name Ken - until he stopped suddenly and looked at me, he cocked his head to the side and bit his lip. "Appa did you draw on your balloon?" he questions making me confused. "No?" I shake my head and he points to my balloon which had been tied down on the dining room chair.

 

 

 

I stand up and walk over - leaving Wonshik to read his book. I turn the balloon around and gasp softly as I read what had been written by none other than the balloon man.

 

 

 

Jaehwan.

 

Give me a call sometime? I'd sure love to see your smile some more.

 

xxx-xxx-xxx-x

 

 

 

Jaehwan had succeeded in making me smile. Balloon or no balloon this man was gorgeous and definitely had the charm and enough character to make me smile a million smiles in only a short amount of time.

 

 

 

"Wonshik" I call softly, "Can you please go and grab Appa's phone?"

 

 

 

A/N: This is the first part to a Keo two-shot, which will probably end up as a fanfic because I can't seem to stop writing lol

 

 

 

Not Edited