Dyo Kyungsoo and The Voice of the Wind

Dyo Kyungsoo and The Voice of the Wind

Dyo Kyungsoo and The Voice of the Wind

            Dyo Kyungsoo was a boy who was left alone in the world at a very young age. Not because his parents had died in a tragic car accident or something uncontrollable like that but simply because he wasn't worthy enough . He had always tried so hard to be a son that his parents could love but in the end it was all in vain. Nothing he could've done would've made his parents care for him. His parents would've rather lived with the shame of having no son rather than one that was talentless. At that moment the tragic story of how a young boy who was abandoned by parents that didn't love him started.

            Although he was the smallest kid in all of his classes he was determined to not be that boy that everyone looked down on. He would prove to everyone that he was not some weakling. Even though his parents didn't think he'd amount to anything, he knew he could do better. He knew that he just had to work harder in order to surpass their expectations of him because Dyo (also known as D.O.), was a strong boy. His heart was strong and impenetrable in front of others but in the confines of his home he was weak and fragile and for that very reason he hated himself. He hated how he let other peoples words get the best of him when they were suppose to mean nothing to him. He despised how he let his guard down when no one was around. Only allowing himself to mourn behind the walls of his room. D.O. had always told himself that it didn't matter what others thought but in reality he lied to himself way too much.

            Days passed where D.O. sat alone in his room curled up in a ball sobbing whenever a new wave of emotions passed over him. He cried because he was hurt, because he was being weak when he shouldn't be. As much as he wanted to be strong, he just couldn't. Sometimes the world was too much. Sometimes his thoughts got the best of him and they tore him down piece by piece. He would've never admitted it had anyone asked him but he wanted to grow up living the life of a perfect family. One where his mom and dad would actually attend his games if he played sports. One where no matter what he did his parents would love and support him. It was for that reason that his parents could never accept him. Dyo wasn't like other boys at his school who had all excelled at sports or academics. "You can't play an instrument or even dance for that matter. Are you good for anything?" were the words that his parents had always shouted at him. They had even gone to the extent as to hire private tutors and have him take piano lessons in hopes that maybe he'd show some improvement but there was no such luck.

            His parents had failed once again to see what was right in front of them. The fact that their son had a voice that spoke to the wind. A voice so beautiful that any singer would be downright envious of. His voice healed the world around him. It helped withered flowers to stand tall once again and injured souls to heal themselves. His voice made the fallen leaves dance and the willow trees shiver. Slowly his eyes begun to open up to all the possible things he could achieve with a gift like this. At the same time he became worried because with great power comes great responsibility. Not everything that came with this ability brought about new life and happiness. Bad things always follow the good and the worse part of having a gift like his? He was afraid to show it. He became terrified of the consequences of showing the world what he could do. As he grew up he began to understand that what his voice gave it could also take away. When he was upset or angry or just plain out happy his voice could hurt people. Dyo struggled to find a way to control his emotions so that he wouldn't keep injuring innocent civilians but the more he tried the harder it became. Then one day, that all changed.

            Dyo ventured out of his house for one of his grocery shopping trips. He lived in a somewhat nice house in a rundown neighborhood but he didn't mind. His school and everything he needed were within walking distance from his home. He found a sense of comfort in the routine that was his life. Going to school, coming home, doing homework, cooking dinner for himself , sitting at the dinner table by himself and then showering and going to bed only to wake up and do the same thing all over again the next day. Nothing interesting ever happened to him and although he wished something would, he wasn't exactly prepared when his wish was answered.

            He walked down the same sidewalk for what must've been the millionth time in his life. Although the pathway was constant, the tall, rainbow haired boy that ran into him and spilled his drink all over his clothes was not. Dyo looked up in shock as said boy stared back at him stunned. Before he could even say one word to the taller male, the other was already pulling several napkins from his pocket and apologizing profusely. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I really am sorry. It was an accident. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." the boy said. Dyo kindly accepted the napkins to wipe his shirt with and looked up at the rainbow haired boy before smiling. "It's okay. I wasn't paying attention either." he replied. Dyo thought to himself that he must've looked very scary with his big eyes and all because the taller male let out an audible sigh of relief at D.O.'s response. "I truly am sorry sir." the other boy apologized for what must've been the hundredth time. "Sir?" Dyo asked looking at the other quizzically. "Do I really look that old?" he asked the other. "Um, no?" the taller boy said while rubbing the back of his neck. "I just sort of assumed that you were older than me. My name is Sehun by the way, Oh Sehun." the rainbow haired boy said while sticking his hand out. Dyo shook his hand before responding "D.O.. My name is D.O. Kyungsoo."  Never did Dyo think that an exchange of names would lead him to find a friend in the taller male nor would he have believed it if someone had told him that this boy would help him learn to control his powers . He certainly never thought that hanging out with Sehun would become a part of his daily routine. Who knows? He was actually okay with not having to live up to someone else's expectations. Maybe D.O. liked this kind of world..One where the unexpected happened and you just had to enjoy life as it was. A world where he could be free to live his life. Dyo didn't want to belong to the world anymore and as time passed he realized that he belonged to no one but the wind...