Finale

Gifts

Beside the heart-shaped cupcake laid a tiny paper, with his name messily handwritten on it.

 

Jinyoung

 

Nothing else, just his name, as claiming the little sweet as his.

 

The korean boy was already used to this surprises by now. It has been almost half a year since they started to show up all over the place. Always the same way, a gift accompanied by a small card with his name on it.

 

He never managed to find out who was the one leaving him this presents.

 

At first he thought that maybe he had a secret admirer among the trainees, and he tried to elicit information out of the younger ones, buying meals and helping them out, but it was a futile effort. None of them knew anything about it, or so it seemed.

 

A few months later, as the number of gifts bagan to increase per week, he started to think that maybe it was a joke, someone trying to get under his skin. Maybe they wanted to distract him and ruin his moment, out of jealousy or pure hatred, just because he was going to debut soon alongside his friend Jaebum and they wanted to see him fail. Perhaps it was the other way around. Maybe they just wanted to get on his good side so he would share some of the spotlight with them.

 

The fact was that he just didn't know. And not knowing was driving him crazy.

 

He soon realized that the mistery was distracting him, it didn't matter if that was the person's objective or not, from his upcoming debut, so he threw away almost all the gifts he had recieved, and the ones that followed them. He kept a small teddy bear, nevertheless. Jinyoung grew fond of it since he first saw it in the training room, waiting for him with the recurrent note glued to the snapback the bear was wearing.

 

Two weeks prior to the debut of JJproject the flow of gifts decrease, until it eventually stopped.

 

Jinyoung missed it.

 

He knew he shouldn't, but he missed it. He didn't keep any of the gifts, and the edible ones he gave to Jb, so it was not about the material. What he missed was waking up each day wondering “Will I find someting today? What will it be? Maybe some chocolates?” And the excitement of finding whatever it was that day, always in the perfect place, at the perfect moment.

 

And he was mad about it.

 

This was the moment he had been waiting for, his dream was coming true, and he could just think of that misterious person, watching him, hiding somewhere in the JYP building, and the fact was that made him feel lonely, as if someone close had abandoned him. He wanted to share that moment with whoever made him feel special all this time, but that person just dissapeared, even if they never were physically beside him.

 

Three days after JJproject's first debut stage, he found something.

 

Glued to the mirror of the practice room, a piece of paper cut into the shape of a golden “J” waited for him to pick it up. In the back of it he could read “Congratulations on your debut. I really like your new clothes

 

He could not even try to check the handwriting, as the note was printed into the paper, but he didn't care anymore. His friend was back.

 

However, there was something slightly different this time. At the bottom of the note was written, with the now familiar handwriting, his stage name Jr instead of the usual Jinyoung.

 

“What is that?”

 

Asked a curious Jaebum behind him,

 

“Nothing. Just a gift from a friend”

 

This time, he kept the note.

 

Time flew by, and promotions were quickly over, there were no more fansigns or stages, and everyone told him now he could rest. But that didn't felt right.

 

Jinyoung kept on waiting for their manager to tell him that they were going to have a come back soon, that people were waiting for them, anything. But nothing ever came, and he felt his dreams shattering as the weeks went by.

 

Just when he thought he was hitting rock bottom, a new gift arrived.

 

Now the amount of presents were not as great as before, but they meant a lot to the korean boy.

 

Neatly wrapped inside a silver ring, he found a note saying “Don't ever forget how good you are. You'll have another chance” written in a slightly uneven korean.

 

That was the first real letter he recived since the one from the golden “J”.

 

He kept the note and the ring, just as he did with the few gifts he recieved those days, and he allowed himself to cry for a few minutes.

 

“Thank you”

 

He said that out loud, so maybe his secret friend could hear him, and left the room.

 

Finally, after months with nothing but expectation, they told him they were going to debut again, with a new group, with new people. It was time to start all over.

 

He felt as depressed at the thought as Jb. Starting over meant they failed, or at least it felt like that.

 

But then he remember the last letter. This was that chance. He was going to have another opportunity, and he was not going to waste it.

 

It didn't take long for him to be the cheerful boy he always was, he had to be a support for his new friends, he had experience after all, and he couldn't leave all the responsabilities to Jb.

 

The day of Got7's first showcase he recieved the last letter.

 

The note was written in a crumpled piece of white paper, and there was no gift with it, as if someone had written it in the last minute.

 

But all that didn't matter to him, because the only important thing was the message.

 

This is my last letter to you, but that doesn't mean I'm leaving you. I promise nothing will ever hurt you again, I'll always be there to make sure you are happy. You may be wondering if I don't have any last gift for you, but I'm giving you my most valuable possession. I'm giving you my heart, which always belonged to you.

 

This time his name was not written in the note. This time his friend signed it, but not with a name, the person wrote “Your secret angel

 

Jinyoung smiled to himself and put the note in his pocket.

 

“Jr! Hurry up! What's taking you so long?”

 

The dark haired boy asked him with a bright smile on his face.

 

“I'm ready, I was just talking with my angel”

 

Instead of a sarcastic remark, Jinyoung received the biggest smile he had ever seen from Jackson.

 

“Perfect, you are ready then”

 

With that, both boys reunited the rest of the group, and prepared to go on stage.

 

 

For Jackson, the time he spent being Jinyoung's secret angel, went by faster than the blink of an eye.

 

He never worried about telling him the truth, he just wanted to be there for the boy, anyway he could.

 

And now he has the chance to be his real friend, of hugging and supporting him.

 

As jackson stood there on stage, watching the korean boy talk with the fans, he realized he couldn't ask for anything else. He had what he wanted, everything.

 

There was only one thing running through his mind.

 

Even if you never found out the truth, even if I never have the courage to tell you, I want you to know this is enough for me. It's enough to contemplate you from here, as long as I can be you friend, as long as I can protect you.

 

 

Hey guys...I know you are waiting for me to update my other fic...but I have been feeling really really down this days, and that one is more of an upbeat kind of fic...so I didn't want to write it while I'm feeling this way....Anyway, hope you like this short thing that popped in my mind today...this one is kinda personal, so yeah....