Mornings

Mornings

Mornings


 

His eyes gently open as the sun’s golden rays begin to spill into his bedroom. A hoarse groan emits from somewhere in the back of his throat as he fumbles around for a pillow to cover his face from the intruding light. There is no mistaking that it is just at the crack of dawn and his first thought is to curse his biological clock for waking him up so unnecessarily early in the morning. He quickly flips his body around to evade the sunlight, only to accidentally knock into the back of the person occupying the other half of his bed. His clumsiness is responded to with an irritated grunt and a swift kick to his shins.

“Yah!” he growls, his temper immediately flaring up at the further disruption of his sleep. “What the hell was that for?” he demands, reluctantly turning around again to face a pair of sepia-colored eyes darkly glowering at him from underneath a white pillow.

“You woke me up,” her pout is muffled through the thickness of the pillow. The lack of intimidation provided by the fact that she looks like a puffy cloud under all of the blankets, in addition to the hilarious letdown of her attempt to be menacing, causes him to stifle a chuckle under the back of his hand. The human burrito next to him sighs loudly before rolling herself over and away from him. The only thing on her agenda is to succumb to her sleepiness again.

However, a mischievous grin appears on his features. The poor, unfortunate soul trying so hard to fall asleep has no idea what is coming for her now.

“Yoona,” he coos her name, merely wanting to heckle her now for the sake of his own amusement, and because he has nothing left to lose besides more sleep. At the same time his fingers reach out to poke her - as if she has a sixth-sense dedicated solely to defend herself against his foolish antics - she flips back around and shoots him another scathing glare.

“You try to do anything else, Lee Donghae, and I will see to it that you end up on the floor.”

Yoona’s second threat only triggers a hearty laugh from Donghae, who knows that her words are just words. There is no way that she could have enough energy to actually follow through with her warnings. It is one of Donghae’s favorite attributes about Yoona – she can be verbally abrasive, yet seemingly too benign to act on her words. He prefers to think of it as if she is a tease of some sort, and he always enjoys playful banter between the two of them. The lightheartedness of their relationship always keeps him on his toes, never wanting to miss a single beat with her.

Donghae expects her to counter with another remark; instead, Yoona breaks out into a giggle after she sees his face contorted into an unreadable expression. “You look like you don’t know what to do next,” she teases, pointing closely to his now bemused look.

“I do now.”

Donghae’s arm quickly engulfs the blankets hugging Yoona. Before she can have a chance to react, his lips move forward to capture hers in a soft, tender kiss. Her stomach suddenly erupts with butterflies, completely taken off-guard by such a passionate gesture. However, her astonishment quickly wanes away into a warm ardor that instinctively brings her hands out from under the covers to find their way around Donghae’s neck. He adeptly seizes the opportunity to swing her entire body so that it is resting upon his without having to break their kiss. Yoona smiles under their kiss at how in-sync that they have become, their bodies easily responding to each other without hesitation. To her, their movement is like a sonata – individual aspects joining together to flow and develop together to create something so beautiful and equally unique.

Instead of the rapid thudding of Donghae’s heart that he has been accustomed to, a serene elation fills every fiber in his being from head to toe. His lips meld so perfectly with Yoona, his tongue lightly prodding hers for permission to deepen his desires. She moans longingly, as if she could not get enough of Donghae. A rush of fervor suddenly overwhelms him and he nips at her lips as his hands find their way to her hips, grabbing aggressively at her silk shorts. His fingers run over her soft skin in circles and she responds by boldly curling her hands in his ruffled hair and pushing her tongue deeper with his. They refuse to break for air, unwilling to lose the passionate moment.  

“I love you,” Donghae breathlessly mumbles as his lips continue to dance with Yoona’s. He flips her over so that he is on top and that their legs are still tangled together. He breaks their kiss long at last to trail towards her collarbone. Yoona lets out a moan dripping with heated ecstasy as Donghae begins to leave butterfly kisses along the curve of her neck and onto the side of her shoulder. She allows herself to marvel at the definition of his back – muscles that are so powerful, yet so smooth; her fingers recommit the memory of the curves along his biceps.

Unluckily for Yoona’s guilty reverie, Donghae suddenly bursts into laughter again as his body buckles away from her. Her eyes snap open at the sudden loss of warmth on her lips as Donghae clutches his sides in an uncontrollable fit.

“Yah! You’re such an idiot!” she barks at Donghae, quickly retaliating by a quick knock to his head. He doesn’t seem to pay her any attention as he reels to the side of the bed, catching his breath from laughing so hard. Pouting from the sudden ignorance, Yoona rolls her eyes and throws the pillow over her eyes, internally making sudden excuses as to why their little session is a stupid idea in the first place.

Sometimes, she wonders why fate could be such a devious trickster – the one person she is destined to love happens to have the terrible perk of untimely reactions. There is no one that can ruin a moment like Donghae can.

“Should I even bother to ask why you’ve suddenly jumped off of me?” she grumbles.

Donghae finally is able to calm down, rolling over to his now disgruntled girlfriend. “That tickled me,” he makes a silly face and sticks his tongue out.

“Why am I not surprised?” she exasperatingly sighs with a slow roll of her eyes. “Oh, don’t be so mad, please?” Donghae rolls his way back over to her and planting an apologetic kiss on her cheek. As much as Yoona would have liked to remain irked towards him, she could not help but give a soft smile at his gesture. Her gaze easily softens, all-knowing that Donghae can easily break through any hard exterior of hers within an instant. “I’m not,” she giggles, fully relenting to his sweetness and allowing him to envelope her in a soft hug and bury his face into her shoulder.

“Good morning,” he whispers into her ear, his breath tickling her slightly. A wordless smile forms on Yoona’s lips as she and Donghae settle back into a peaceful rest. 


author's notesI don't have much to say other than I was really happy writing this!