Let Me Hear Your Voice

Let Me Hear Your Voice

Iris ,

            The rain just now has stopped and the smell of asphalt is floating around the city. Hey, over there too, the weather is fine already right? For the weather has cleared up from the west. Since you’re not a morning person, every day will you be able to wake up properly? I’m still worried about things like that. The spreading sky, the freedom.. Although neither of them has changed, right now, it’s only just you that you are not by my side. Let me hear your voice.. If we become honest, surely we’ll be able to understand each other.. Please open your heart.. The path we have come is for us definitely., an important step to that future.. I still remember.. The first time I met you was., around this season right? The light up street was glowing beautifully.. The cry-baby you, from that time on, often.. Laid your forehead on my shoulder.. You were crying right? I can feel that extreme warmth from your touch on my shoulder.. I can see now everyone lives, carrying their own worry.. And I’m desperately holding my broken heart.. Please let me hear your voice.. If we become more kind, we’ll be able to love each other.. Don’t avert my eyes.. Let’s get over those entwined anxieties and loneliness, the feelings of this moment become our bond..

            Iris, since you went away things hasn’t been the same.. In my heart all I got is pain.. Could it be that I played a game, to lose you I can’t maintain.. Just like the sunlight and moonlight., you lit my life.. I realize it in the night while love shines bright that I can’t let you go.. We’re meant forever baby let me know.. My days passed without you I can’t forget you.. Let me be the cloud hanging above me., raining on me and I’m missing your touch.. My nights get longer and it’s hard to clutch.. We’re apart., it breaks my heart.. It’s all for the best but girl you’re my world.. In time my love unfurls., till then I’ll wait for you..

 

Two years ago, around 7 pm

            “Iris, I have been thinking about this and I’ve made my decision.. Let’s just go our own way..” . Iris stays in silent when Travis said that to her. Iris let out a sigh and look upon the man’s face.

            “Well Travis.. If that what you want, we’ll go our own way.. I hope you’re happy after this break-up.. I want you to know that I’m happy being with you.. Thanks for everything..” said Iris with a smile on her face . She left Travis with tears falling down on her cheeks. Suddenly her phone rang.

            “Iris, where are you?” asked Sean, the one who called . Iris kept thinking about what happened and cried. Sean heard her sob and got worried.

            “Are you okay?” ,

“I., I’m not..” she answered .

            “Where are you? I’ll come and get you, okay?” said Sean. Those two persons met near the lake. They sat together on the bench, right in front of the lake.

            “What’s wrong? Tell me..” Sean started the conversation.

            “Travis.. He asked me to meet him today so I agreed..” Iris start talking since she had been silent for such long time. “He.. He asked for break-up.. And I agreed to it..” Iris started to cry again.

            “What?! All this time you guys were just fine.. How could this happen? Why did you agreed to him?” Sean just can’t believe what he have heard.

            “Sean.. Even if I don’t agree., it won’t change anything.. What’s the point being together if he doesn’t love me anymore?” she started to lose control of her emotion. Her tears just can’t stop flowing. Sean started to understand what Iris tried to say. He embraced Iris closely and lovingly.

            “I was born and I met him and I have loved him to death.. But why did he left me?” cried Iris.

            “It’s okay.. Just let it all out and you’ll feel better after this.. Trust me, just know that I’m here for you , I’m clear for you from night to sun..” Sean embrace her tightly. After a little while, when Iris have been feeling better, Sean look upon her face. He wipe the tears that falls down from the girl’s eyes.

            “Are you alright? Feeling better now?” he asked. Iris nodded. “God, look at you.. Why are you so ugly? You look like a panda after crying for so long..” Sean started to pull a joke .

            “It’s okay, panda is cute..” Iris replied to the joke. They laughed together after that. “Sean, thanks a lot.. You are always by my side..” said Iris.

            Sean started to dance and sing to his favourite song by one of the famous Korean singer. “I’ll be there, all here for you is where I wanna be..Oohh..You are so beautiful, beautiful.. Won, wonderful, wonderful.. It’s killing me, you set me free..” .

            “Hey cut that act.. That’s too much..” Iris hit Sean’s forearm softly when she noticed the people around is looking at them. Sean smiled and hugged the girl on her shoulders. “Let’s go home..” he said. “By the way, are you hungry? I guess you are, you cry a lot.. Let’s have something to eat before we go home..” . Both of them walk to the car and go to the nearest fast food restaurant. That day ends with Sean sending Iris home.

            A week later, Sean send Iris to the airport. Iris is going to further her studies overseas for two years. “Are you sure about this?” asked Sean.

            “Of course I am.. I’m going to further my study..” she answered.

            “Not because of Travis?” Sean asked again. Iris smiled, “Of course not.. Speaking of Travis, can you help me?”.

            “What kind of help my dear?”

            “Send my regards to Damian, Leo, William and..” , “Travis?” said Sean. Iris nodded with a smile on her face. “Tell them that I’m happy to be their friend.. Hope we see each other again.. By the way, pass this to Travis..” Iris gives a paper that have been folded neatly to Sean. Sean takes the paper and put it in his pocket.

            “I’ll give it to him later.. You should go now, you might missed your flight if you stay here any longer..” said Sean. They hugged each other and tears start to fall down. “See you again someday, don’t forget to call or send me text messages..” Sean waves goodbye to Iris, who is already on her way to the departure hall.

            An hour later, Sean arrives at the place where he and his friends promised to meet. He entered the café and take his seat beside William, in front of Damian. Beside Damian was Leo and Travis. Sean called upon the waiter and ordered something.

            “Why are you late? You’ve never been late..” Damian asked while playing with his pen.

            “Yes, and you’re late for one hour.. Anything’s wrong?” William looks upon Sean’s face.

            “Nothing to worry about.. I just got back from the airport, sorry to keep you guys waiting..” he answered. His order arrives at the table.

            “What were you doing at the airport?” Leo takes his turn to ask. “And, oh.. You ordered cheese cake and hot choc? You’ve been influenced by Iris, huh?”. Travis stays in silent with no expression on his face when Leo mentioned about Iris.

            Sean let out a sigh and said, “Yes.. Iris like these things so much.. So I wanted to know what’s so special about it.. By the way, what was I doing at the airport? Well, Iris have make the decision to further her studies overseas.. I sent her to the airport.. She sends her regards to you guys..” . Everyone was surprised to hear what Sean has said.

            “Wait.. Are you serious?! Why didn’t you mentioned about it?!” Damian ask for explanation. Travis stands up. He wanted to go to the airport.

            “Travis, her plane departed an hour ago.. There’s nothing you can do even if you go to the airport now.. It’s all too late..” Sean spoke up as he knows what’s in Travis mind. Travis grasped his fist and sat back to where he was earlier. “I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you guys earlier.. We promised to each other about this thing the day I found her crying a week ago..”.

Travis started to remember what happened a week ago. Yes, there he was. He dumped Iris and let the girl walk away with tears. He look upon Sean’s face and he was seriously have no idea what to say.

“Sorry that I bring that thing up.. She left this for you.. She said she’s happy that we’ve become friend and she thanks for everything..” Sean pull out the letter that Iris has given to her and passed it to Travis. Travis opened up the folded paper and saw Iris handwriting.

“Don’t mind if we see it?” asked William. Travis put the paper on the table and all of them were so interested to know what Iris have written.

“You know what it is?” Leo asked Travis while Sean is having his hot chocolate. Travis raise up his shoulders as a sign that he had no idea what that thing is. Damian, Sean, Leo and William smirked at him.

“It’s a song lyric.. It is Blue by Big Bang. I have the song.. You want it? I’ll send it to you..” said Damian. Travis nodded his head.

That night, at his room veranda, Travis read the letter again. His tears falls down as he heard the song he played himself. The song was in Korean while what Iris had written was the English lyric of the song.

 

Now, at the place where Travis had met Iris for the first time

            “Iris.., I miss you.. I really am.. I wish we can turn everything back to normal..” said Travis while looking up to the sky. His tears fall down slowly and he started to cry. Rain suddenly fall down as the sky was crying together with him.